Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

Unhappy went to the chiropractor...

went to the chiropractor today..been getting severe back pumps during deadlifts and back in general...anyway he had me squeeze some sort of device and it measured how many lbs of pressure i was putting out..The thing that was weird was first off he said my grip is alot weaker then wheat it should be for my arm size..he says for my age range its above normal, but for mjy arm size (18+) it's sub par..and the other weird thing about it was my left arm is stronger than my right (i'm a righty) he thought that was strange..he said my right arm should be 15% stronger, its not...what do you guys think about all this??

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    not sure. I've noticed myself when I lift that my left arm is alot stronger than my right even though I'm also a righty. If you find out why this is let me know.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO its hard to dictate what body part "should" be stronger.. Just because your a righty doesnt mean that arm will be the strongest.. Perhaps your right arm is severly over worked. Perhaps the tendons in your right arm are weaker, causing your grip and strength to be down!
    What did he do for your lower back?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Same with me. I am left handed and my right arm is stronger.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    IMO its hard to dictate what body part "should" be stronger.. Just because your a righty doesnt mean that arm will be the strongest.. Perhaps your right arm is severly over worked. Perhaps the tendons in your right arm are weaker, causing your grip and strength to be down!
    What did he do for your lower back?

he said he's been doing it for 30 years and he hasn't seen such a difference...he thinks i might be pinching a nerve that runs down my arm to my hand..but as far as my back goes ifeel amazing, he had me lye down on the table and told me to take a deep breath when i exhaled he pushed down on the lower part of my back really hard, i have never felt such a relief in tension it was awesome..he said my range of motion was really off due to the fact that everything down there was so stiff, so i'm gonna be going to him 2 times a week for 8 weeks..see what happens

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Is prescribing any new exercises or stretches?
    If you train like most bodybuilders, I'd say your going to get big with reps and not one rep maxes. That's why your strength is sub-par. His strength/size equation is based on power lifters not bodybuilders.

Thread Information