LoggedOut is offline Junior Member

traveling in europe

Alright, ive got a question.......
    ,so I am flyin in to Amsterdam Jan 20,, oh yea.....
    plan on seing, amsterdam, germany, prague, switzerland, france, and i fly out of spain 34 days later....baam.
    I am looking at 2 different eurorail passes.

- 1st off im 24, so i still qualify for the "youth pass" go figure...

- so my question is they offer the "youth" flexi program 15 travel days in 60 days with 2ND CLASS travel for $594

- i see they offer the eurorail pass flexi wich gives ya 15 days of travel in 60 days with FIRST CLASS travel for $914

those of you with superior math skills will note thats quite a big difference in price for what appears to be very similar plans... i guess im wondering what the big diff between 1st and 2nd class travel is,, will i end up more than paying the difference once im over there, is the cheaper youth pass going to inhibit my moving at will so ta speak?,,,any info would be dope.... thx

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    You are going to northern Europe in December? Why not wait until May or June? I love Antwerp in the spring and early summer, when the girls walking the Mier break out the miniskirts! Or Esbjerg, with all the young ladies in tight shorts pumping away up and down the hills on their bicycles. But this time of year is cold, Girl!

If you don't mind roughing it, traveling in slightly more luxury than Greyhound, go with the 2nd class. If you like nicer seats that you can actually sleep fairly well in, nicer cars with nicer views, less crowded, etc, go first class all the way, Girlfriend! It is worth it. Especially if you will be making all-day or overnight runs from place to place. Look... it's $420 difference, like $29/day difference split in 15 days of actual travel. Is a bit of extra comfort worth that, or not? Your money, your ass, your call.

OTOH you will very likely meet a younger, more bohemian ("poor", in other words LOL!) crowd in the 2nd class cars. More neo-hippie types, college chicks, (or college boys, whatever blows your skirt up) that sort of thing.

Love
    Anna

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    You are going to northern Europe in December? Why not wait until May or June? Anna

agreed

and why isnt london on your list?
    not that i blame you

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by LoggedOut
    Alright, ive got a question.......
    ,so I am flyin in to Amsterdam Jan 20,, oh yea.....
    plan on seing, amsterdam, germany, prague, switzerland, france, and i fly out of spain 34 days later....baam.
    I am looking at 2 different eurorail passes.

- 1st off im 24, so i still qualify for the "youth pass" go figure...

- so my question is they offer the "youth" flexi program 15 travel days in 60 days with 2ND CLASS travel for $594

- i see they offer the eurorail pass flexi wich gives ya 15 days of travel in 60 days with FIRST CLASS travel for $914

those of you with superior math skills will note thats quite a big difference in price for what appears to be very similar plans... i guess im wondering what the big diff between 1st and 2nd class travel is,, will i end up more than paying the difference once im over there, is the cheaper youth pass going to inhibit my moving at will so ta speak?,,,any info would be dope.... thx
    The Europass was a complete waste of money when I went to Europe this past summer. I paid around $400 for it and used it twice I think. I think on every train we took we had to pay an additional amount on top of the pass and most of the time the trains weren't part of the Eurail. It was pretty useless man and it was good for 5 countries. However I was only on the Western side of Europe. It might be more of use in the countries you mentioned.

Thread Information