Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Promotion at work (wtf?)

So there was an e-mail sent out around 11/7 (if i remember correctly?) and it was for a Supervisor position, i immediately contact HR and get the application and then later get my resume together and turn it into a woman in HR.

Here goes:

This woman was to give my app and resume to another HR lady and i awaited an interview, well Thanksgiving goes by and no word and then two days ago i get an e-mail that says "Congrats to "John Doe" as he has been selected as the new Supervisor bla bla bla...

So i am ok with this but wondering why i was not talked to or interviewed so i e-mailed HR and was told "Sorry, i will look into the reason why you were not contacted"....so a couple days go by and today i still have no word and then i am up on the floor mentoring employee's and the original girl from HR whom i dropped my app & resume asked to speak with me...

She looked scared as if i was going to KO her or something, she says "I am so sorry, your app & resume is still on my desk"..meaning she never turned it in.

This is not acceptable in anyway shape or form, i honestly am the right candidate for the job and my stats prove that, this other guy has attendance issues as well as some other things....

What pisses me off is that i was not even considered due to negligence, i am gonna have a meeting with HR and let them know i am not gonna let this stand.

Has this happened to anyone else, what did you do etc.. i am sure there are laws etc.. for this kind of thing...i talked to some other supervisors (they were hoping i got it) and they were speechless and also stated how the selection that was made was not a good one...but thats another story...this is ridiculous IMO. I have a degree and have had supervisor exp etc...that promotion was mine for the taking.

It really hurts especially with this time of year as i it would have allowed me to treat my family to a better XMAS.

I don't know what to think, i am mad and sad at the same time...i am ready to sit down with HR right now and let them know this is unacceptable.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    This suck big time bro. The fact that you did not even get an interview was due to neglegence on her part.

The only shitty thing is that the guy who got ur job cant be sacked on these grounds otherwise he can claim unfair dismissal.

You should have KOd the Hr lady

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    This suck big time bro. The fact that you did not even get an interview was due to neglegence on her part.

The only shitty thing is that the guy who got ur job cant be sacked on these grounds otherwise he can claim unfair dismissal.

You should have KOd the Hr lady

I am wondering what can be done? I understand that they cannot just tell the other guy "Sorry, we are neglegent idiots and we have take the promotion from you". I just can't let this one go, anything else..sure why not but this...NO!

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I would want them to at least let you know if you would have got the job if you were been considered. But if they said yes that would mean that they would have to give you a pay rise so don tthink they will do that.

I dont know how the laws in your country work but over here in that situation I would expect a full review and a pay rise to match the position applied for as a gesture of good will

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I would be livid, you definitely have to follow this through.

However my best guess is that they will say that what happened was completely unnacceptable and that they have disciplined the girl who screwed it up and that all they could do was consider all the applications that were in before the deadline and unfortunately yours was not and then stress again that they also find the situation unacceptable and the girl responsible has been dealt with accordingly.

I would be surprised if they reversed the decision, but you have to follow it up. Don't march in shouting the odds and demonstrate why you don't deserve a promotion. Go in calm but meaning business, lay out the situation and let them know that you think it is completely unnacceptable, then ask them what they are prepared to do to make good.

Good luck bro, let us know how you do!

I am at work now and i sent an e-mail to the HR lady explaing to her that the other HR girl came to me and told me what happened and that i heard she wanted to speak with me, i told her "I am looking forward to discussing this matter further"....

I will be professional about it, it just boils down to this being unacceptable and that i wanna know what is going to be done about this.

Schwarz is offline Member
    I'd get urself down to a lawyer before your HR meeting to know what your rights are. You should sue them for all they've got!!! And as punishment that HR lady should have to take it from every guy in the office...that'll teach her to hand in papers!!!

Thread Information