OSTIE is offline Senior Member

Can the police do this???

So I pull up to a 24hr mcdonalds in milwaukee near my house to hit up the drive through.... it was around 1am and I was just getting outta work.... As Im about to grab my food a fckin sheriff moves the employee outta the way and says I have to blow into the breathlyzer(sp?)...

WTF is that??? Can they really make someone do that? I didnt throw to much of a fit because I had just gotten out of work, but there have been times where ive hit up that mcdonalds after the bar on the weekends... Im not condoning drinking and driving, but a .08 BAC can be reached by some people after a measley 2 beers...
    Last edited by OSTIE; 12-08-2005 at 02:08 PM.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ive never heard of cops doing that. what was their reasoning for doing it?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i don't see why thay would do that

but drink driving kill's people

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    ive never heard of cops doing that. what was their reasoning for doing it?
    I didnt push the issue too much, because I didnt feel like pissin off some sheriff on a powertrip.... I just wanted to get home and go to sleep... I believe he did say somethin like there have been reports of customers going through the drive-thru extremely intoxicated or some BS... I didnt know that justified them being able to hand out breathlyzers though???

chest6 is offline Banned
    I don't think they can do that. Hey, im sure you couldve drove away if you were drunk. He would have to run out of the store and hop in his car, which im sure isnt right by the door.

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    but drink driving kill's people

I agree on this... I dont even drive on the weekends anymore, but it still gets under my skin that they can pull sh*t like this...

HULKBOY is offline Member
    at the whataburger by my house they got a cop that gives you your food and i think if you act any way intoxicated your screwed cause hes got a buddy right around the corner waiting to write up some DWI's its ****ed up if you ask me...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    I didnt push the issue too much, because I didnt feel like pissin off some sheriff on a powertrip.... I just wanted to get home and go to sleep... I believe he did say somethin like there have been reports of customers going through the drive-thru extremely intoxicated or some BS... I didnt know that justified them being able to hand out breathlyzers though???
    you could be at the top of mt.everest... as long as your in a car, with keys, they can give you one.. They would have to have mcdonalds permission to do it though!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HULKBOY
    at the whataburger by my house they got a cop that gives you your food and i think if you act any way intoxicated your screwed cause hes got a buddy right around the corner waiting to write up some DWI's its ****ed up if you ask me...
    ahhh that sucks

the good guy is offline Junior Member
    whataburger mcdonalds what are you guys eating

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Cheat Meals!

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    So I pull up to a 24hr mcdonalds in milwaukee near my house to hit up the drive through.... it was around 1am and I was just getting outta work.... As Im about to grab my food a fckin sheriff moves the employee outta the way and says I have to blow into the breathlyzer(sp?)...

WTF is that??? Can they really make someone do that? I didnt throw to much of a fit because I had just gotten out of work, but there have been times where ive hit up that mcdonalds after the bar on the weekends... Im not condoning drinking and driving, but a .08 BAC can be reached by some people after a measley 2 beers...
    WTF! i wouldnt have blown into shit. I hear you that you just wanted to get home but that cop was way out of line. I guess they were running short on their DUI arrests for the month so they are really trying to make up for it. Or maybe the station offered up Christmas bonuses to the pigs who bring in the most DUI's. I hate cops like that.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    In England a police officer has to catch you in your car whilst under the influence. Now i dont condone drink driving by any means but listen to this.

My brother is a real ass lately and he drove his car from bar to bar one night, got chased by a police car who knew he was DUI but he got a good distance between him and the police car, jumped out, started walking and hid his keys.

Policeman could not do jack cos he has to be caught inthe act.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member

I got pulled over right after i went through a McD's and didn't get to even eat my food, went straight to jail. I was pissed, and hungry as hell. Did you get to finish your food?.............LMAO

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    In England a police officer has to catch you in your car whilst under the influence. Now i dont condone drink driving by any means but listen to this.

My brother is a real ass lately and he drove his car from bar to bar one night, got chased by a police car who knew he was DUI but he got a good distance between him and the police car, jumped out, started walking and hid his keys.

Now thats more like it.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    Now thats more like it.
    yeah, only problem is that if the police see where you hid your car they only have to check if it is still warm, and if it is, ur in jail for the night. Luckily for my brother, he knows every hiding place there is.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the main thing here is this, a police officer cant use someones home, or a business to establish patroling tech for criminal activity. thats why they cant hide in your driveway and so on, they def cant go into a major biz and do that kinda crap... it would be thrown out of court if he had gotten you, but now, a cop can demand a BAC or breathalizer for any reason, at any time, and if u refuse...DUI..

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    wtf? Never heard of this. My ex was drunk as hell, ran a red light, totalled her car and another car and got out on $100 bail and then they gave her that back when she went to court. Reason: she was not behind the wheel when the cops pulled up. A nurse at the hospital called and she was arguing w/ the cops when I showed up. Very stressful! I would have went the fvck off on McDonalds for that shit and boycotted them (their food sucks anyway!)

firenwire is offline Junior Member
    They can ask you to do anything. But it if you get in trouble for refusing that matters.

firenwire is offline Junior Member
    I remember a time, walking down the street with my friend. Cops pulled up and said you wanna empty your pockets on the hood of my car? He did, lets just say he spent the night in jail. In court, the judge said it was legal, he didn't issue an order, just asked a question.

If my friend would of said, no...then they would of had to produce a reason to search him.

Just my .02

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    sounds like a buisness for the states to make money

onehundredk is offline Member
    theyre the PO LICE they do whatever the fck they want.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dawg ive always wanted to have a cop car turn on the sirens behind me tryin to pull me over and then i just roll through mcdonald's drive through and start ordering food with his ass still behind me.

Nismo is offline Member
    Best you can do is just go on with you day. I was once accused of taking a bag of chips from some kid at my high school when I was 16. I told the cops that I never any bag of chips, well guess what I got arressted for "Robbery". Of course it was dismissed by the DA but still. Cops just have to do shit like that cause they used to get there ass kicked at school. Without there uniforms, cops like that are lil bitches

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    f!ck cops "asking" or "encouraging" you to do anything. Ask for the presence of your lawyer before doing anything. Cops are never your friends. They will/have taken innocent people to jail. A night in jail doesn't equal a conviction. Let them have their way with you and then it is your word against theirs in court...then they win. Don't ever make their job easier for them.

peace,

ttgb

...and...it is not against the law to drink responsibly and drive.

peace,

ttgb

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by the good guy
    whataburger mcdonalds what are you guys eating
    Exactly, couldn't pay me to eat that slop.

Nismo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Exactly, couldn't pay me to eat that slop.
    Did you see "Supersize me"??? That guy almost died of a heart attack cause of McDonalds.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    They can do it almost anywhere in the U.S., Girlfriend. It has generally stood up well in court, usually because it is in the interest of public safety. Best bet is simply don't have those two beers if you have to drive yourself home.

That's one nice thing about living here in the French Quarter. I literally have a hundred bars within walking distance. I NEVER drink and drive these days. In fact, I seldom drive at all, since every other thing as well is within walking distance. Nelly, my dear old '63 Nova, must get pretty bored sitting out there for days at a time, her vivacious 350 V8 getting cold and creaky. Maybe it is getting time for another road trip. (gotta hook that heater hose back up, I guess!)

Love
    Anna

Love
    Anna

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    WOW!!! Now, I will go to a Burger King for my cheat meal

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That's McF*cked!

~SC~

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That's McF*cked!

~SC~
    hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont see why they cant really. i mean, how is that different than setting up road checks on new years eve (which they do every year in ohio (or did, havnt been there in a while on new years)) to check people for drink/driving.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    cop duznt have reasonable suspicion to stop you and administer any kind of field sobriety test. Even if he does, you can turn it down and don't have to take it. All he can do is ask for your consent, since you haven't done anything and he has no reason to have you detained, you can literally tell him to f*ck off and he can't do anything about it........any more questions, just ask bro!

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Bad advice, badcamaro. If he smells alcohol, that is more than enough probable cause. Also, there is the "best interest of public safety" thingie. Refuse to take a breathalyzer or other field sobriety test, and you will probably go to jail, unless you have pics of me cornholing the cop or some equally persuasive means of keeping out of jail. Serious. Say he says you were weaving in and out of your lane.
    "WAS NOT!"
    "WAS TOO!"
    "WAS NOT!"
    "WAS TOO!"
    Guess who the judge will believe? Unless you have pics of me and the judge, or similar material that could damage his reputation. Or you are a heavy campaign contributor or duck hunting buddy.

Again, the best thing you can do is simply not drink if you will be driving, and always cooperate with the nice policeman, dear. It works for me!

Love
    Anna

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I think The Man is trying to get too much power... trying to get their heads in your front door to do what they want... And I thnk The Man is going to start pissing folks off soon with that 'we can do this for no reason' shit.
    Grip of money comes from my paycheck to be used against us by infrining on our rights...

Any of you hear about that new law or someshit where if a cop asks you your name, and you don't tell him, he can arrest you for no cooperating with a police investigation? I think the 5th ammendment is a nice. I'm all for the constitution.. I firmly believe in the right to bare arms and everything that keeps power in the people's hands...

This just really upsets me that you were breathalized because he says so. I respect law enforcement, but I don't like what happened to you anymore than you do. I don't think he can even test you without a cause for suspicion. And even if he says "yeah we have had reports" is something of the passed which doens't pertain to you.

That just irritates me mainly because good americans are herassed.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually guys long story short...u can argue about right and wrong but in the end cops can do whatever they want...power of the pen. And yes if a cop stops you and "asks" you to take a sobriety test which most of the time isnt really a question they almost demand it to kinda of trick u into saying ok out of fear. You can tell them no, BUT there is a thing call probable cause and all that cop has to say is that he saw you cross a white line 1000ft back and ur F*cked, thats probable cause. and lets say he doesnt have probable cause he can detain you until he actually has legal conscent from a judge to administer a breathalizer, if he feels like being a total dick....My dads a P.I. and i've seen this sh*t all my life where people argue what cops can and cant do but i've seen some corupt stuff happen and in the end, they can do whatever they want. It's just nice to have friends in higher places in the end, kinda even the game up later on

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King

Bro my dad got arrested because he went to his car to get his phone out and was over the limit, the ignition wasnt on or anything. Also a guy i know was drunk laying on his bonnet and he got arrested too!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    Bad advice, badcamaro. If he smells alcohol, that is more than enough probable cause. Also, there is the "best interest of public safety" thingie. Refuse to take a breathalyzer or other field sobriety test, and you will probably go to jail, unless you have pics of me cornholing the cop or some equally persuasive means of keeping out of jail. Serious. Say he says you were weaving in and out of your lane.
    "WAS NOT!"
    "WAS TOO!"
    "WAS NOT!"
    "WAS TOO!"
    Guess who the judge will believe? Unless you have pics of me and the judge, or similar material that could damage his reputation. Or you are a heavy campaign contributor or duck hunting buddy.

Again, the best thing you can do is simply not drink if you will be driving, and always cooperate with the nice policeman, dear. It works for me!

Love
    Anna

NEVER cooperate with a policeman by doing what they ask. Bottom line is you are probably going to jail either way. Why would you want to provide evidence that would help support the cop in court?

Any type of questioning is at that point considered an investigation. Would you let them question you without the presence of your attorney? You (the person being investigated) don't know all of the laws. The cop does. Request the presence of your attorney for all investigative questions.

Doesn't matter if they have probable cause or not...don't cooperate and provide incriminating evidence against yourself.

Going to jail isn't that big of a deal. Getting an easy conviction against yourself is. Just because you are arrested doesn't mean you will be convicted by a jury of your peers. After enough people get off for these bullshit arrests, law enforcement will eventually quit infringing.

And, for goodness sake, it is not against the law to drink responsibly and drive. The media, MADD, and law enforcement have infringed on our rights so bad about drinking and driving that most of us are too scared to stand up for ourselves.

peace,

ttgb

Thread Information