Thread: Flonase

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

Flonase

I havent been able to smell for the past 6 or so months, so I went to the doctor and he gave me flonase (fluticasone propionate aqueous nasal spray). This is one of a group of medicines known as corticosteroids (steroids ). Corticosteroids are hormones produced naturally by the adrenal glands that have many important functions, including control of infalammatory responces.

There are two main groups of corticosteroids. Glucocorticoids, which are essential to carbohydrate, fat, and protien metabolism, and the bodys response to stress, and mineralocorticoids which control the balance of water and salt in the body.

fluticasone propionate falls under Glucocorticoid, but when inhaled through the nostrils very little is absorbed any where else in the body. Do you think it we were able to get our body to absorb this drug it would be beneficial for muscle building????

It doesnt really matter either way, I just found this interesting.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    No muscle building attributes would come from a corticosteroid.

Nasal corticosteroids are very effective against allergies and sinus problems if you are compliant with the doc's orders. If you don't administer everyday, then you won't get much from them. I think the time to maximum benefit for flonase is around 1 week. That is 1 week of using it everyday before the patient sees the maximum benefits. Skip 1 day, screw up the process.

Hope you get your smelling capabilities back!

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 12-09-2005 at 12:10 PM.

BigBrother is offline New Member
    My Ex uses the stuff for over 5 years. Didn't do a thing for her except help with her allergies and she lifts.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    corticosteroids are basically the opposite of anabolic steroids , to oversimplify. In theory, enough could cause you to lose muscle (and fat, to a lesser degree) but the doses you are using won't have any effect whatsoever on muscle. Basically, this is a non issue.

Love
    Anna

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    corticosteroids are basically the opposite of anabolic steroids , to oversimplify. In theory, enough could cause you to lose muscle (and fat, to a lesser degree) but the doses you are using won't have any effect whatsoever on muscle. Basically, this is a non issue.

Love
    Anna
    thank you, i was about to say....

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, I wasnt hoping to get anything out of it, was just curious about the issue, and ttgb I hope i get my smell back too b/c I cant really taste anything either.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Taste is 90% smell. That's why generations of kids have held their noses when they take medicine.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im allergic to everything...Flonase works pretty well I have like 10 bottles laying around..havent used them in forever. Also have allegra, cigulair and like 10 other prescription pills..pain in the ass I know

Thread Information