Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Tattoo care

  1. #1
    onehundredk's Avatar
    onehundredk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gym
    Posts
    673

    Tattoo care

    anyone kno after gettin a tattoo what to put on it...i kno A&D/lubaderm, but what about baby powder...?

  2. #2
    onehundredk's Avatar
    onehundredk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gym
    Posts
    673
    bump...come on guys

  3. #3
    I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    1,236
    i just use antiseptic cream, just dab it on your skin dont wipe it on, and try not to cover it up if you dont have to, you want it to air out.
    i got mine over 2 years ago so i cant recall how long to use the cream for

  4. #4
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    I think it's called b&E ointment.

    Ask your tattoo guy.

    Baby powder is out..you don't want you tattoo to dry out and flake prematurely.

  5. #5
    Hitman's Avatar
    Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OZ via NZ
    Posts
    1,032
    Try bepanthum cream smother it on and leave it if you need to cover it wrap it with lunch plastic wrap.

  6. #6
    xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    219
    If it were me I wouldnt use baby powder. You dont want it to dry out any sooner or any more then it has to. You want to keep it moist so it doesnt scab anymore then is necessary.

    I use a very thin layer of A&D(you still want your skin to be able to breath) twice a day(wash thouroughly before. I just use my hand as to not be too abrasive with a wash cloth or sponge) until the flaking of dead skin goes away. From there I move to Curel lotion. I will apply the lotion twice a day until it looks like normal skin again then I move to once a day.


    *edit---You may want to think twice about going to a tattoo artist who is not providing aftercare instructions. It is a very important part of how well your tattoo turns out.
    Last edited by xpijeonx; 12-10-2005 at 02:52 AM.

  7. #7
    craneboy's Avatar
    craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    nor*cal
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by xpijeonx
    If it were me I wouldnt use baby powder. You dont want it to dry out any sooner or any more then it has to. You want to keep it moist so it doesnt scab anymore then is necessary.

    I use a very thin layer of A&D(you still want your skin to be able to breath) twice a day(wash thouroughly before. I just use my hand as to not be too abrasive with a wash cloth or sponge) until the flaking of dead skin goes away. From there I move to Curel lotion. I will apply the lotion twice a day until it looks like normal skin again then I move to once a day.


    *edit---You may want to think twice about going to a tattoo artist who is not providing aftercare instructions. It is a very important part of how well your tattoo turns out.
    it applies the lotion to its skin or else it gets the hose again

  8. #8
    farrebarre's Avatar
    farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,407
    dont go swimming or be in the sun. cover it if ur going outside (if its sunny).

  9. #9
    mitch911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    856
    i just bought vitamin e caps and busted them open and spread it on a few times a day..key to fast and effective he****g is not iritating it by clothing and keeping it moist all the time..for me anyways

  10. #10
    Nismo's Avatar
    Nismo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by onehundredk
    anyone kno after gettin a tattoo what to put on it...i kno A&D/lubaderm, but what about baby powder...?
    Fvck that, dont use A&D that will help it fade away. Use cocoa butter on it and put it on at least 3 times a day. Make sure you keep it clean.

  11. #11
    cfiler's Avatar
    cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Training my ninja Degu
    Posts
    7,222
    I just used lubridurm for two or three weeks. You do want it to keep it moist for a while. Mine started to flake off prematurely, and now has lighter spots where the scab flaked off. It depends on how big the tatoo is. My secong one, I didn't do anything. Just let it scab up, then fall off. It looks fine, but it was quite abit smaller. The bigger the tatoo, the more carefull you need to be.

  12. #12
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,294
    I just got mine done 2 weeks ago, wash with dove liquid anti-bacterial soap, then apply A+D ointment, then dab with paper towel until shine goes away, only want it moist. Do this once in morning and once at night for 3 days.

  13. #13
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,294
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    I just used lubridurm for two or three weeks. You do want it to keep it moist for a while. Mine started to flake off prematurely, and now has lighter spots where the scab flaked off. It depends on how big the tatoo is. My secong one, I didn't do anything. Just let it scab up, then fall off. It looks fine, but it was quite abit smaller. The bigger the tatoo, the more carefull you need to be.
    The longer you keep it wet, the longer it takes to heal, you want a scab to dry up and heal, as would you a Tat.

  14. #14
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    14,172
    ...Most of the tat parlors around here recommend A+D or tatoo goo....Use a light, thin, coat......Wash tat gently, don't use a washcloth...
    ..and if they didn't provide instructions on caring for your tat, I definitely wouldn't give them my business again..

    AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  15. #15
    Nismo's Avatar
    Nismo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    The longer you keep it wet, the longer it takes to heal, you want a scab to dry up and heal, as would you a Tat.
    Nah man, if it gets too dry then all the paint will scab up, you have to keep that mofo nice and moist.
    It also depends where you get it. I have one on my back and that one came out perfect, didnt fade or flake. But the one on my arms are a bit more delicate cause your arm bend and change with every movement.

  16. #16
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Nah man, if it gets too dry then all the paint will scab up, you have to keep that mofo nice and moist.
    It also depends where you get it. I have one on my back and that one came out perfect, didnt fade or flake. But the one on my arms are a bit more delicate cause your arm bend and change with every movement.
    Obviously different tattoo parlours give different advice, but I would tend to agree with BigGuns101.

    The fastest any of my tattoo sessions healed is when I followed my tattoist's advice to the letter, which was:

    - Keep it covered until that evening.

    - *That evening remove the dressing and take a long soak in a hot bath. (If the dressing has stuck, get in the bath with it still on and it will float off.)

    - While in the bath gently wash the site with a mild unperfumed soap.

    - Get out of the bath and gently pad the site dry with a lint-free towell.

    - While the site is still moist apply a thin layer of whichever tattoo cream your guy recommends.

    - Allow the air to get to it for 24 hrs then return to *.


    The first time I got some work done I thought the idea of the baths was just to clean it so, as I don't like baths, I just showered instead. It took alot longer to heal than they said it would so next time I forced myself to have the long baths and it healed ALOT quicker.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •