Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Dont you just hate it when...(rant)

When your one of the people who have to tolerate christmass every year and even though you do your christmass shopping real early to get it out of the way your still forced to make a few last minute buys.

Like yesterday for example I was out getting a few more things for my mam, and i walk into this shop and they had christmass music piped threw the speakers. Dam it was loud. I mean cum on..is there any need for it? i think not.

Next i head out onto the main street area and we have window scenes and displays and again, they had the music blasting out.

Needless to say i felt like hanging myself b the end of the trip

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i know how u feel about all the hype for x-mas........what gets me is those bell ringers infont of stores asking you to make a donation to salvation army.......

I no wat u mean captain, i mean havnt they got anything better to do in their lifes? it makes you just wanna take a long run up and fly kik them in the head.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I no wat u mean captain, i mean havnt they got anything better to do in their lifes? it makes you just wanna take a long run up and fly kik them in the head.
    Yeah! Helping others - the bastards!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I always wondered, instead of standing in front of the store ringing that damn bell for 8 hours, why not just get a job and give their paycheck to salvation army. That way they could donate the money without annoying people.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    I always wondered, instead of standing in front of the store ringing that damn bell for 8 hours, why not just get a job and give their paycheck to salvation army. That way they could donate the money without annoying people.

I can't really see them collecting for 8 hours, I think they just do 2 or 3 hours each and in that time collect alot more money than they could earn in 2 or 3 hours, especially round christmas.
    It's crazy the money that people can get collecting in the street, there was a guy who was busted in London a few years ago for illegal begging (not the same thing I know) turned out he was a professional beggar, had a nice 3 bedroom house in the suburbs with a nice car on the drive, the cheeky bastard was pulling down £30,000 a year street begging!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I never really thought about it, but I guess the money would add up pretty quickly in a busy area.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    I never really thought about it, but I guess the money would add up pretty quickly in a busy area.
    In a suitable position (i.e. where people have to pass you) outside a busy shop a charity collector would have to get at least 2 or 3 £s or $s a minute.

its not the fact that they collect for charity, thats cool. Its the way they rattle the tin at you. and its not like the whole of the money raised goes to charity anyway.

its not the fact that they collect for charity, thats cool. Its the way they rattle the tin at you. and its not like the whole of the money raised goes to charity anyway.
    Rattling the tin is actually illegal now in the UK.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    they do my head in!!i mean i know most of em are legit and for a good cause but the fu*kers are outside the football stadium week in week out and it just pisses me off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    they do my head in!!i mean i know most of em are legit and for a good cause but the fu*kers are outside the football stadium week in week out and it just pisses me off!!!
    Do they get in the way when you're trying to carve someone up with ya stanley ya hooligan!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    When your one of the people who have to tolerate christmass every year and even though you do your christmass shopping real early to get it out of the way your still forced to make a few last minute buys.

Like yesterday for example I was out getting a few more things for my mam, and i walk into this shop and they had christmass music piped threw the speakers. Dam it was loud. I mean cum on..is there any need for it? i think not.

Next i head out onto the main street area and we have window scenes and displays and again, they had the music blasting out.

Needless to say i felt like hanging myself b the end of the trip
    Was it this song the shops were playing?
    http://media.skoopy.com/audio/aud_0038.mp3
    Last edited by MASTER; 12-12-2005 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Rattling the tin is actually illegal now in the UK.
    yes that is what makes it worse, but i dont think they dig the idea of me pointing it out.lol

decadbal is offline Banned
    i personally dont celebrate xmas... i will start next year bc i will have a baby then, and an actual reason to. i dont really like anything about it, and i havnt celebrated since i grad HS.. but however, i dont complain or make a problem about it, bc i dont think general society should change everything for the minority.. which is what i am on this.. so i just ignore it.. i really really hate it when 5 ppl expect 500 ppl to deal with what they want, instead of the 5 de****g with the 500 ppls expectations.. america is going to complete shit bc of this... and i will take no part... and dam you for making me whine about it..dam you sir...dam you to the depths of hell and beyond...

PS... have christmas cheer

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i personally dont celebrate xmas... i will start next year bc i will have a baby then, and an actual reason to. i dont really like anything about it, and i havnt celebrated since i grad HS.. but however, i dont complain or make a problem about it, bc i dont think general society should change everything for the minority.. which is what i am on this.. so i just ignore it.. i really really hate it when 5 ppl expect 500 ppl to deal with what they want, instead of the 5 de****g with the 500 ppls expectations.. america is going to complete shit bc of this... and i will take no part... and dam you for making me whine about it..dam you sir...dam you to the depths of hell and beyond...
    i agree with you there a little. as long as its not in my face all the time (which it is right now)than its cool, and as long as my son has a good day than thats what i want. Other than that i dont normaly wanna know.

Thread Information