steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

dateing your best friend ???

alright guys one of my best friends is a girl i have known her since i was about 12 im now 22, we went to HS togather all that BS been through alot togather she has helped me in many was and i the same for her, we lived in the same neighborhood while growing up and all that stuff you basiclly know what im trying to say right, ??? well after HS i moved off and so did she we still keep in touch via email, phone, then she gotta job in California, LA area, she has only been there a few month and hates it she wants to come back to TX and move to the city were i live, that great right, well the thing is she is kinda hinting to me hiw she feels always saying things like " what if this had happend " and i know her mother very well and see her often because her mom live nextdoor to my aunt, and her mother always tells me " Laura really looks up to you she thinks your cute, yada yada yada, you get it right?? well i kinda feel the same way about her to i really dont know how to go about this i feel it would be so F'n weird plus i slept with her cousin along time ago but still i slept her cousin, has anyone ever dated your best friend ?? if so how did you go about hooking up, im mean guys i have know this girl for 10 years it just feels so weird to me for me and her to have a relationship like this

Hard Head is offline Member
    Dude, You can't do any better than that. I'd say you were stupid if you didn't get together with this girl. The happiest man alive is the one who marries his best friend, you remember that.

Oh yeah, hurry the fcuk up before someone else snatches her away from you and you spend the next 10 years kicking yourself for not doing something about it 1 day sooner.

Call her NOW!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Dude, You can't do any better than that. I'd say you were stupid if you didn't get together with this girl. The happiest man alive is the one who marries his best friend, you remember that.

Oh yeah, hurry the fcuk up before someone else snatches her away from you and you spend the next 10 years kicking yourself for not doing something about it 1 day sooner.

Call her NOW!
    my mas always said the best relationships are the ones that start as friendships

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    close the laptop and get on the phone and go grab that coochie. like everybody else said the best ones are your friends first. and if she gets away you will be always saying to yourself, "what if" and me personally i hate the what if's...

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Bro i would give it a shoot. if you are real good friend just set some ground rules. Also if it dont work out you can still be close

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Go for it man. I knwo its easier said than done, I have been there myself. Its like you are such good friends it hard to picture it benig a relationship where you sleep together blah blah, it just seems odd at first. But you know eachother so well that your relationship will have even stronger bonds and you will be extremely happy man. You know for a fact if you go for it she will not say no, I GUARANTEE IT (from what you have told us and my own experience). DO IT, like everyone else said you never wanna think what if. Because you will be kicking ur own ass later if she ends up with another guy and ur there listening to her talk about him.

-Bino

all you guys a are right but she's not moving back to TX for a few more months so what do i do call her and poor it out to over the phone???? she is gonna try to come visit me in January do i wait till then to tell her how i feel about her??? i really dont wanna F this up she is a great girl i just confused on how to go about this??? O and you guys dont think its a big deal about me sleeping with her cousin ??

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I did not read the other posts, but I figure the longer you know a person the better. Even more so when it comes to women and dating.

Never so NO to poon, EVER!

If she moves back and you guys are good together for a good amount of time, then take it from there.

Masturbation causes blindness

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    i was best friends with this girl, we had really fun going out partying n stuff n talking shit all day long, and stuff started happening, she told me she liked me and ive always fancied her in some way so we started dating and it was cool n all, but after like 2 months we had all these problems n shit so we broke up and tried to remain friends, but that didnt work so now i havnt heard from her since last year. sometimes it feels kinda empty without her..

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    do i do call her and poor it out to over the phone???? she is gonna try to come visit me in January do i wait till then to tell her how i feel about her???

one thing ive learned is that important stuff like that should always be done face to face

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    one thing ive learned is that important stuff like that should always be done face to face
    true.

likewize is offline Junior Member
    Just be careful...I just watched a good friend of mine date her best friend (a guy). It lasted 4 days, they broke up, and they hate each other...Have not talked since...But, they didn't know each other for 10 years, it was more like 3-4...If the friendship has carried on for this long, you guys may just be meant for each other...

well thanks guys looks like i got some thinking to do, i will wait till i see her in person to tell her how i feel about her if i can sum up the courage to do it..

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Im telling you man, its wierd...

Know this, you have to go all the way and take the woman you love, or dont do it at all. Once you have sex, your relationship with her is changed, and its never going to be the way it was again. I wasnt willing to go all the way and wrecked an amazing friendship for one night of drunken sex... Just to fuel my young, inflated ego at the time.

I think it can be great if your sure. But be sure your sure

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Take it slow, but take it, if it is offered. Try to figure out if it is just a "buddy-fvck" type thing, or if she feels romantically toward you and vice versa. Remember, respect her feelings, no matter what. That's what you do, with your friends, right?

It sounds like there is a lot of potential there, if you both see eye to eye on what type of relationship is supposed to evolve from this. If it just isn't in the cards, you CAN remain friends if you both keep your cool and your perspective.

Love
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    Take it slow, but take it, if it is offered. Try to figure out if it is just a "buddy-fvck" type thing, or if she feels romantically toward you and vice versa. Remember, respect her feelings, no matter what. That's what you do, with your friends, right?

It sounds like there is a lot of potential there, if you both see eye to eye on what type of relationship is supposed to evolve from this. If it just isn't in the cards, you CAN remain friends if you both keep your cool and your perspective.

Love
    Anna

Thanks Anna makes sense the way you put it, and thanks to evryone else as well....im going to wait till i see her in January to bring this up to her. So i'll let ya'll know what happens.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    make your move or wait your turn

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick

Dude, after you cross that friend line, its all or nothing. DO NOT kid yourself...

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    My sister's husband started out as her best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    My sister's husband started out as her best friend.

how long were they friends for??

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey man I've been there....i'll say this if you're into her in a "romantic" level then go for it. If you just wanna get with her then dont do it. Sex will F*ck up any good friendship, it's just akward after you do it if your not serious. So if you guys are willing to be seroius then take it slow because if you seleep together and something goes bad right away, you might not be friends again....it took me a long time to salvage that friendship but its all good now jmo

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator

Dude, after you cross that friend line, its all or nothing. DO NOT kid yourself...
    I'm not kidding. Been there, done that. I have a straight as an arrow male friend who wanted to see what "it" was like. We are still friends. In fact, he let me stay in his house in Westwego after Katrina, while he spent most nights at the firehouse. I have at least two female friends that I have slipped the gut-wrench to, and we are, if anything, better friends than ever. Sure, there is a very good chance that you can never be friends again, but it depends on the two people involved and their level of maturity.

Love
    Anna

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i had an affair with my best friend. to make a long story short. i left my wife and family for her. and after about a year together, i couldnt stand my best friend anymore........now its been since feb we are apart and i havent spoken with her on a friendship bases, only when we got bussiness. miss her...hell no......... but miss my best friend.......hey it might work out with you good luck

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    my mas always said the best relationships are the ones that start as friendships
    Coundn't agree more.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    for what it's worth.....

I went out with this girl for 1 year and 8 months..... i was 14/15 years old..... and thought i was in love. Who at that age knows what love really is? right.....? We got way too serious at such a young age..... she was my 1st... i was hers.....

she decided to leave me..... i was shattered.... I begged her not too.... and all she said was "If we are meant to be..... we'll find eachother again" Neither of us dated anyone for a good year or so..... it wasn't easy for her to do. Over the next 5 years we remained really good friends. we talked about anything and everything. we hung out just as friends.... we even talked about other relationship problems and such.

all the while i still loved her..... it was sooo hard telling her to stay with some guy who i didn't like...... also.... over the 5 years..... things kept bringing us back together..... kinda like fate was hinting we should get back. The problem was.... we didn't listen.

On september 24th 2005 she became my finacee..... Something had brought us back together again.... this time we listened. After dating for a while..... i knew she was THE ONE......

happiness is being married to your best friend..... remember that!
    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

decadbal is offline Banned
    have u seen her naked....

its pretty nice ill tell ya if u pm me

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    have u seen her naked....

its pretty nice ill tell ya if u pm me

yeah iv seen her naked a few times it really no big deal i guess for some it may seem strang but for me its not, and like i said guys/girls im gonna wait till i see her in January to talk about this face to face

decadbal is offline Banned
    but seriosly.... remember right now, at your age, a high percentage of relationships wont work out for you, so is she worth possibly losing, bc u cant step backwards from dating to friends.... thats very rare.. good luck with whatever u want mang

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    for what it's worth.....

I went out with this girl for 1 year and 8 months..... i was 14/15 years old..... and thought i was in love. Who at that age knows what love really is? right.....? We got way too serious at such a young age..... she was my 1st... i was hers.....

she decided to leave me..... i was shattered.... I begged her not too.... and all she said was "If we are meant to be..... we'll find eachother again" Neither of us dated anyone for a good year or so..... it wasn't easy for her to do. Over the next 5 years we remained really good friends. we talked about anything and everything. we hung out just as friends.... we even talked about other relationship problems and such.

all the while i still loved her..... it was sooo hard telling her to stay with some guy who i didn't like...... also.... over the 5 years..... things kept bringing us back together..... kinda like fate was hinting we should get back. The problem was.... we didn't listen.

On september 24th 2005 she became my finacee..... Something had brought us back together again.... this time we listened. After dating for a while..... i knew she was THE ONE......

happiness is being married to your best friend..... remember that!
    ~Haz~
    thats so deep

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    but seriosly.... remember right now, at your age, a high percentage of relationships wont work out for you, so is she worth possibly losing, bc u cant step backwards from dating to friends.... thats very rare.. good luck with whatever u want mang

why do you say that a high % of relationships do not work out for people at my age ?

Thread Information