Giantz11 is offline Respected Member

Ladies/Fella's, need a bit of help here....

So I'm in the midst of branching out and starting a new business venture. This time is a restaurant. Basically we feel the area is very much in need of a Sports Bar/Steakhouse type restaurant where people can go hang out, watch games and have a nice meal as well. One level of the place will be entirely a bar and the other level the dining portion. Anyways I'd love if some of you could share with me what you would love to see in this "type" of place....Any and all ideas are very much appreciated!

Nismo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    So I'm in the midst of branching out and starting a new business venture. This time is a restaurant. Basically we feel the area is very much in need of a Sports Bar/Steakhouse type restaurant where people can go hang out, watch games and have a nice meal as well. One level of the place will be entirely a bar and the other level the dining portion. Anyways I'd love if some of you could share with me what you would love to see in this "type" of place....Any and all ideas are very much appreciated!
    I am actually majoring in Business & Business Adminastration and I have also looked into that type of business. IMO you really need to look at the area in where you are going to place this establishment.

Make sure its in a high traffic area and no where near a school what so ever.
    One theme that I always liked and your more then willing to take it if you please. Have the waitress's dress in referee outfits but a bit more skimmpy with short shorts and tight striped shirts.

All and all I think it a great idea and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    I am actually majoring in Business & Business Adminastration and I have also looked into that type of business. IMO you really need to look at the area in where you are going to place this establishment.

Make sure its in a high traffic area and no where near a school what so ever.
    One theme that I always liked and your more then willing to take it if you please. Have the waitress's dress in referee outfits but a bit more skimmpy with short shorts and tight striped shirts.

All and all I think it a great idea and good luck!
    That's all pretty much is check, gret location, in a city....

We thought of the Referee thing, but the restaurant portion we want to have families etc...However we still are thinking of that for bartenders and so on in the bar area.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

lap dancers

I wish.....

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Free Beer......

Maybe set the tables up with NFL / college team logos

Let me know when the Free Beer idea has been implemented....

Nismo is offline Member
    Well if you think about it Hooters is also a family resturant. I mean as servers you want to get attractive people. No one ever wants a fugly person serving there food. You might also want pool tables and billards. But try and keep it clean and not cheesy like some places. You might also want to have your prices a bit higher then normal, if not then all the town drunks will go into your resturant and thats the last thing you want. Cheap drinks+food= Cheap customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Well if you think about it Hooters is also a family resturant. I mean as servers you want to get attractive people. No one ever wants a fugly person serving there food. You might also want pool tables and billards. But try and keep it clean and not cheesy like some places. You might also want to have your prices a bit higher then normal, if not then all the town drunks will go into your resturant and thats the last thing you want. Cheap drinks+food= Cheap customers.

Exactly my man....The food will be priced int he moderate range. We're not talking about a cheap place, but a nice place that's not $100 a head for a steak dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Free Beer......

Maybe set the tables up with NFL / college team logos

Let me know when the Free Beer idea has been implemented....
    Free,

For you ,sure. Let me know if you're ever in CT and the beer will flow like wine and the women will flock like the Salmon of Capastrano.

I like the table Idea.

Nismo is offline Member
    Cool beans dude. It seems like you have a great thing going for yourself. There is this place in Socal by where I used to live called Tequilla Hoppers and it was a bit pricey, but no matter the price it was packed every night. Just make the atmosphere great and have a great staff and nothing will go wrong. Good Luck Giantz

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    flat screens

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    flat screens

Done and Done..... A lot too

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you do a business plan? Did you do a SWOT analysis?
    These will answer your questions. Define you target market, market and you tactics to capture them. I fyou are going ask for a loan, these are things you will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Did you do a business plan? Did you do a SWOT analysis?
    These will answer your questions. Define you target market, market and you tactics to capture them. I fyou are going ask for a loan, these are things you will have to do.
    No need for a loan brotha. Got a business plan etc....Just would like some of your suggestions as to what you would like to see in this type of place.

Aside from free beers...........

chest6 is offline Banned
    Make sure to not combine fats and carbs in your meals, and also to have pwo shakes available for all the guys that just got done workin out

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Make sure to not combine fats and carbs in your meals, and also to have pwo shakes available for all the guys that just got done workin out
    I will also make sure that out steaks come loaded with hormones!

chest6 is offline Banned
    I will also make sure that out steaks come loaded with hormones!
    I'll be the first to taste test

Maybe televisions in the bathroom or at least speakers so you can keep up with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Maybe televisions in the bathroom or at least speakers so you can keep up with the game.

Hell yes....This is a must. A la ESPN Zone.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    pool tables, maybe some foosball, and some dart boards

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    whats the benefit of having a split level place. how about a one floor building just a have a split btwn them?

i really dont like a 2-in1 place. its either a sports bar or a nice dining rest. just my .02

whats the name of it?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    will you take walk-in customers, reservations, or both?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    A small area for the kiddies to occupy themselves so the parents aren't climbing the walls.
    Maybe some free video games to play, coloring table - which you could put your restaurant info on so they take it home with them after they color it.

Also have booths with higher walls where you can seat families with children so that they are not bugging the people around them. You could also put adjustable lighting at these booths cause sure as I'm writing this - the kids are gonna drop things.

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    whats the benefit of having a split level place. how about a one floor building just a have a split btwn them?

i really dont like a 2-in1 place. its either a sports bar or a nice dining rest. just my .02

whats the name of it?

Good point, it not going to be real fine dining so to speak. It'll all be sports, just there will be an upstairs for seating.

So I guess sports bar might be the wrong word. Sports Restaurant would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    will you take walk-in customers, reservations, or both?
    Not sure yet, still thinking

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Giantz - what kind of clientele are you trying to attract? After work Business crowd? College kids? Beer drinkin grizzly men? This would help to know in order to give you ideas.

Also what is the atmosphere like so far? Casual? Loungy? High End?

Is it in a big metropolitan city, or more small town?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    No need for a loan brotha. Got a business plan etc....Just would like some of your suggestions as to what you would like to see in this type of place.

Aside from free beers...........

Well you should be able to determine via your business plan what your market wants. Who is your market that you going to attract.

For example if its young educated professionals......then you know a sleazy bar aint gonna work.
    If its a young adult and female friendly...you know hooters isnt gonna work.

Dont ask us what your resto/bar needs, ask you futur customers.
    YOU know your clients via your market search then YOU should know what they will like. If not go find out.........from THEM, there the ones paying bills.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Giantz - what kind of clientele are you trying to attract? After work Business crowd? College kids? Beer drinkin grizzly men? This would help to know in order to give you ideas.

Also what is the atmosphere like so far? Casual? Loungy? High End?

Is it in a big metropolitan city, or more small town?
    City bout 40min outside of NYC, Stamford ,CT. Pop of about 125,000 and 500,000 people in and out. One group that will be targeted for sure is lunch time business crowd. Not many college's in the area that's out. Its mainly young professionals for nightlight life as well as family's etc....I worked in an Irish Pub a whilw ago that pulled this off great. Dinner was served from say 5-10pm and after 10 is when the bar started to pick up. It will most def be casual with drink specials for sporting events on the weekends and should have an overall fun atmosphere. Shooting for like and ESPN Zone type feel for those that have been there.

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Ok, I wouldnt split up the eating and the bar, upstairs/downstairs. If you want to seperate some areas I would keep upstairs for things like pool tables, foozebal tables darts, etc, several bars course and not just flat screens but the BIG screens so people can see from all angles.

Downstairs I would sort of split it up, part of downstairs would be straight bar area, and areas with more comfy chairs, lounge chairs, sofas etc, a 2 way fireplace would be awesome. This could be for people who are waiting for a table or for those just popping in for a drink. The rest would be booths and tables for people there to eat.

Decor should be casual and sporty but not TOO sporty, def sport memorobilia, flat screens, etc but make the furniture a bit nicer, not benches and shitt.

A patio for the summer would rock!!!!

I can totally picture it in my head, I'm trying to think of a place I can compare it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Ok, I wouldnt split up the eating and the bar, upstairs/downstairs. If you want to seperate some areas I would keep upstairs for things like pool tables, foozebal tables darts, etc, several bars course and not just flat screens but the BIG screens so people can see from all angles.

Downstairs I would sort of split it up, part of downstairs would be straight bar area, and areas with more comfy chairs, lounge chairs, sofas etc, a 2 way fireplace would be awesome. This could be for people who are waiting for a table or for those just popping in for a drink. The rest would be booths and tables for people there to eat.

Decor should be casual and sporty but not TOO sporty, def sport memorobilia, flat screens, etc but make the furniture a bit nicer, not benches and shitt.

A patio for the summer would rock!!!!

I can totally picture it in my head, I'm trying to think of a place I can compare it too.

Sexy I love you this is great. I am thinking the exact same thing. Both seating and hang outs in both places. There will be big screens for sure, not just plasmas! As of right now there is a lounge area with nice couches and a fireplace so that will stay. And here's the best part, there is an outdoor bar area with seating in the front as well as the back and there is also a rooftop that will be under way which will make a great night life spot. And I'm with you about the decor it will be mainly nice memorabilla and we are toying with the idea that what is displayed will be for sale.

Thanks for the ideas!

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Where in CT bro...let us know when its up and running for sure..oh and i like the idea of making the bar or the round tables around it out of slate..what they use for chalk board and leave some chalk lying around..its fun

You ever been to RosyTomorrows over in Danbury?

Pretty cool place, if you haven't been there, you should check it out.

http://www.rosytomorrows.com/

Thread Information