Thread: Adhd

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

Adhd

I'm sure there are quite a few college students in here, so I was wondering how many of you suffer from ADHD/ADD? I ask because it's finals season again and I find that I'm having possibly the hardest time I've ever had studying, I just can't get myself to focus. The only things that help me slightly are stimulants like caffeine and ephedrine. Another question I have is how easy is it to go to a doc and have him diagnose you with ADHD? Can I just walk into a doctor's office and tell him my problem without him thinking that I'm trying to fuel some sort of habbit? This is probably the main reason I've never seen a doc about this, becuase I keep thinking they'll just be suspicious and say that I don't suffer from anything.

Guess there's nobody here with ADHD?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I have AAA???

Nah, for real, I was bumpin' your thread.

~SC~

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    although i dont thinki could be medically diagnosed with it im sure i have it to an extent because i have the same problems. my brother has add but has never taken anything for it. i would just go see a doc and since youre being honest about it they have nothing to specualte about.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I think I may have ADD. If you go to a doc please tell me what he says. I wonder what happens in classes if it is documented that you have ADD. They have to be fair or something...dont they?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    You would have to look at your state.. it's covered under the disability act in some in work legislation

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    You would have to look at your state.. it's covered under the disability act in some in work legislation
    What if you go to a private university? Does that matter?

What kind of doc should I go see, just a general practitioner? I don't really want to go to my family doctor since I've been going to him since I was 7 years old so I feel a little weird about going to him.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    What if you go to a private university? Does that matter?
    You would have to seek the guidance office and ask i suppose i just know its under the disability act... just like someone with a learning disability

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    What kind of doc should I go see, just a general practitioner? I don't really want to go to my family doctor since I've been going to him since I was 7 years old so I feel a little weird about going to him.
    U need a referal from a gp to a psychitrist i assume first..

Who will refer you to the right type of doctor..

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have add..I had to go to some psychitrist guy and I felt like I was "abnormal. Made me feel really weird and he was the one that prescribed medine. Ive used quite a few ADD medicines. My brother has ADHD and he just got a bunch of adderall. Adderall=miracle for studying for finals..if you havent tried it, I suggest you do. I heard it was catabolic, but what can one administration do to you anyway?

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I never tried any thing but riddlen. That didn't do it for me, so I grew up with out. It sucked balls. Now I'm a mechanic, but with my penmanship, I shoulda been a doctor.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    For someone who has ADHD or ADD.. rid**** or ADDerol can be a godsend.

For someone who doesnt have the disorder.. it can be quite the opposite.

These two drugs r quite addicting and recently have been talked about quite often.

Some GP's will prescribe the medication, but not on a regular basis and for the most part, u will have to be diagnoised by a psyctrist.

There is alot of debate now adays whether or not ADD/ADHd is really a disorder as to be honest everyone does experience tendencys where they may have some issues where they can't focus or get distracted. The thing is that someone who has ADD/ or ADHd this is a constant state and they can't even force themselves to gain focus even when thry try really hard. the best way to describe the mind of a person with ADD/ or ADHD is like a kitten with string or a shiny object - the kitten cant but help to chase the string or follow the shiny object, just like a person with ADD/ADHD can't but help to be distracted by external things.

Heres a few on line tests anyone can take to see if you feel you might fit

http://www.oneaddplace.com/add-test.php

http://add.about.com/cs/diagnosis/tp/sitesdiagnosis.htm

Doctors tend to be weary about prescribing rid**** and adderol to adults because of there addicting properties as well. - They r stimulant.s An alternative to them is straterra. (non-stimulant)

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    The drug "Adderal" was on the news, Dateline or something like that and they called this drug the "Academic Steroid ". I know a lot of poeple that go to college and take it and they say its great for studing late and stayin up late. Hope this help some, Good luck bro.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    The drug "Adderal" was on the news, Dateline or something like that and they called this drug the "Academic Steroid". I know a lot of poeple that go to college and take it and they say its great for studing late and stayin up late. Hope this help some, Good luck bro.
    It highly abused.. part of the problem

Spyder is offline Member
    I don't think i have ADD, atleast i hope not. But i do find it hard to keep focus sometimes, especially on something i am not interested in.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    I have ADD and love it - it keeps me on my toes!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    It's not always easy to tell whether someone has it or not.. there is a process and there are tests involved.

ADD and ADHD although similar are slightly different

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    I've come to the conclusion that either i have ADD or i'm one lazy motherfvcker. I mean if i'm interested in the subject matter i can concentrate and get into the studying, but if its something i have no interest in. i find it hard to absorb what i'm reading. But i dont want to be dependant on drugs, fvck that.

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    Sounds like Adderal is basically like coke or meth?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow~Mo
    Sounds like Adderal is basically like coke or meth?
    To those who preach against it.. it does have similar properties.. but.. no... because the mind of someone with ADD/ADHd works different.. therefore is affected differently by it

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yup, Ive taken a million tests and blah blah. Gone to a bunch of different psyciatrists I talk to and it makes me think I am crazy or something, but I had to talk to them to get prescribed. Theyd ask me hows schoo, have I beat up anyone lately blah blah. Made me feel really weird, so I quit going and stopped with the meds. Grades sucked ever since then, too.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Yup, Ive taken a million tests and blah blah. Gone to a bunch of different psyciatrists I talk to and it makes me think I am crazy or something, but I had to talk to them to get prescribed. Theyd ask me hows schoo, have I beat up anyone lately blah blah. Made me feel really weird, so I quit going and stopped with the meds. Grades sucked ever since then, too.
    You've seen the wrong doctors then

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's all my mom's fault. My dad wanted to keep trying different meds, but she didn't. My pyschatrist and my therapist said I really don't need it unless I was to go back to school. I have no idea what I would study if I could concentrate. I guess just business management so I could move up the ranks.

Thread Information