Thread: Sleep Patterns

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Sleep Patterns

Ok, here's my story. This time of year I find myself working weird hours, all day and most of the evening. I've started sleeping for 3-4 hours when I get home from work (6pm) and then working more afterwards. I then get another 4 hours of sleep before I go to work in the morning.

Anyone have an educated opinion on this? Part of me says that 7-8 hours combined is alright, but another part says that it should be all at once.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I could be wrong but isn't REM sleep when your muscles recoup? Also isn't REM sleep achieve after 4 hours of sleep? That's what I've read anyway. So if all that is true then you need to get your sleep all at one time.

Yeah, thats what I thought. I only have a few more weeks to go at this pace. Thanks RON!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Ya there is I believe 3 levels of REM...1, 2, and finally what you are trying to get to 3. Most athletic people probably can not stay in 3 for too long, because if anyone who bodybuild's or powerlifts, or anything athletic drinks adequate amounts of water. . .you will find yourself waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, sometimes multiple times.
    My advice is try your best to get it all at once, but if you can only do it like that, than by all means, do what you can to get your hours in. I shoot for 9 a night, most of the time I get 8 or less. . .plus right now I'm sick and just started clomid so sleeping is a bitch. Tired all day, Wired all night. Sucks.

Whatever you do X, just try to get some z's.

zzzzz....

Thread Information