Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Arrow Anyone play a musical Instrament

I play the guitar getting ready to start a band with some guys from work, waiting for one to get off his ass and get a drum set. I want to start a band that is heavy, and mellow, really into stuff like deftones, tool, linkin park, hed pe, soundgarden, limp dipstick, korn, you get it. I dig that new song by linkin park and the executioner's. Heavy rifs with sick base lines, and a dj....sick.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I play the drums......well I used to anyway. I used to play a lot of Metalica and other metal stuff

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I play with....oops. Not appropriate for the board.

XsinshineX is offline Junior Member
    I play drums. Got a Tama rockstar custom. I play in a southern rock band.

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Piano and violin - no I'm not applying for the job
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    If it has strings and frets I could probably play it, but I play guitar and banjo more than anything, was trying to learn the fiddle but sold it for banjo. next thing I'm going to learn is the mandolin, then dobro. I play alot of country, bluegrass, but have played anything from pink floyd to metallica to pantera. I like all kinds of music, Current project is Fur Elise by Beethoven ( sp ) on guitar.

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    I'd like to hear that
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

I'm working on it, I've got the lead part of it down pretty good, it's when you get to meoldy that I get stuck, plus it's played far down on the fret board ( around the 12th-15th fret) so barring and picking gets kinda tricky, I haven't got the whole tune down yet, but will soon, I hope.

Hey Mrs. T is there any tricky tuning to the fiddle, When I had mine I had it tuned, E A D G. I got that off of some beginner video. Was wondering if you could tune it to a open G like a banjo.

guess I shouldv'e clarified myself a little better E being the first string and then A then D then G being the thickest in dia?
    Last edited by DC24; 05-16-2002 at 09:14 AM.

Sema is offline Associate Member
    being a DJ , does that count ?

murph is offline Member
    I play the guitar aswell all different styles, I mostly focus on classical lately and yes Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, and Schubert etc.etc. but if needed, I can pick up an electric guitar, and rip out some AC/DC, Metalica, and stuff like that too,......

While we are on a subject of music, does anybody have any good guitar tab sites other than OLGA??????????

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Hey, iwtbs, what is "hed pe"...is that a new band?? The other bands you listed all rock, so I would like to check this band out...more info.???

Oh ya, I play guitar. I have a Fender Strat USA and a Peavey Phantom (Piece of shit)....benn playin' for about 9-10 yrs now, but not recently

I have a late model ESP telecaster and a 1969 Sears and Roebuck Silverstone accoustic and a 90's model Gibson accoustic/ electric, then a 30 yr old Star Banjo, that I bought off of my boss, He bought it with Green Stamps when he was a kid. I'm looking in to getting a Paul Reed Smith accoustic and a Les Paul electric, but don't have the cash for that yet.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Just picked up guitar about a year ago. Loving it. I love all types of music...but I'm learning all the solo songs Jimi Page put out with Led Zeppelin. Braun Yaur, White Summer/Black Mountain Side. Alice in Chains tunes, I freagin love Pink Floyd.

I am seriously interested in classical now that yall mention it. I think I look for some tabs of that nature. Beethoven was a wicked spirit.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    http://www.guitartabs.cc/home.php

i play guitar. if you are looking for a site with thousands of tabs and chords to all types of songs, this site is free and awesome.

Thanks BigKev. It'll come in handy.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    its a great site. you just click on the letter of the alphabet that starts the name of the band you looking for, like, "A" for alice in chains, ans every group with the letter A as the starting letter of there name comes up. its classic rock, latino, country, hard rock, soul, etc.... i love the place.

you will have to register. but it is totally free.

Originally posted by Big Rush
    Hey, iwtbs, what is "hed pe"...is that a new band?? The other bands you listed all rock, so I would like to check this band out...more info.???

Oh ya, I play guitar. I have a Fender Strat USA and a Peavey Phantom (Piece of shit)....benn playin' for about 9-10 yrs now, but not recently
    Hed Pe is a local Orange county band that f$#king rocks. "Hey bartender hit me with a double" - they are signed under the same label as Tool. The girl I'm seeing's brother lives with the singer, check em out bro if you like the one's I listed above then you'll dig them.

Wow - alot of people play the guitar, I wish I could afford a drum set, cause I love playing them.

Hey soild2 don't know if you tried or not but, might be able to find some good deals in newspaper's or like a trading post type paper for some drums. I know where I live at we have a thing called the thrity nickel and guys are always selling instruments pretty cheap. Have seen 9 pc Pearl sets being sold for like 500. Might wanna try something like that.Just a suggestion

Dizzy is offline Banned

Re: Anyone play a musical Instrament

Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    Heavy rifs with sick base lines, and a dj....sick.
    Straight up solid. You aint neva lied. You like Soulfly bro?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2

Hed Pe is a local Orange county band that f$#king rocks. "Hey bartender hit me with a double" - they are signed under the same label as Tool. The girl I'm seeing's brother lives with the singer, check em out bro if you like the one's I listed above then you'll dig them.

Wow - alot of people play the guitar, I wish I could afford a drum set, cause I love playing them.
    Bro, I have that song downloaded! Is that how you spell the name..??? It's spelled "Head P.E." on my hardrive? BTW, that song rocks!

Yeah it does, that whole CD is killer. I think it's spelled hed pe, cause I always thought that was wierd but mabey I'm wrong?

Uncle_Buck is offline Junior Member
    Being a DJ, I play the turntables if that counts. Would like to take up the keyboards and drums when I get the chance.

Originally posted by Uncle_Buck
    Being a DJ, I play the turntables if that counts. Would like to take up the keyboards and drums when I get the chance.
    that counts bro that's hard it's take's knowing rythm and beat's and to add lib to them is just like playing the guitar and jammin with a base and drum player. Wish you were around my hood, I'm looking to find a dj to add to the band.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Ive played guitar (pronounced gee-tur), bass, harmonica, vocal, and have tried a little drums and piano. Mainly just doodle on guitar now. Ive played pretty much everything from country to metal to indie to pop to folk to classical. Not bad for somebody that is self taught.

btw my instruments now are a '78 Gibson Les Paul Custom, '96 Paul Reed Smith Custom, '99 Gibson Blues King Electro (Acoustic), and POS epiphone acoustic dreadnaught. When I get the money I want an axe built for me. GO to www.edromanguitars.com and look at the quicksilver.

btw (again) edroman is a kick ass site for anything guitar related

Nice guitars jeff. You like Indie rock huh? Ever heard of built to spill? Any one ever ever heard of Elliot Smith- good mellow tunes, actually alot of his songs are in the movie good will hunting.

Thread Information