Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

Suicide. anyone been touched by it?

Got to thinking about it lately when a kid that goes to the girls (my staff) school shot himself. He was like 17 and well liked, the girls were crying. I thought what a waste of life and the heartache he left. I've known alot of people that committed suicide.

A few years ago I wanted to almost every day (Girl of 2 1/2 years left, business was failing, etc.) I had a best friend that helped me see that I'm not the only one that had those feelings.
    Life has been good lately (still have the every day problems, but they just come and go w/ a smile and focus) I think of all the pain it would have caused and the things I would have missed.

Tried to OD 3 times on sleeping pills (got very jacked up the next day) and just wanted to pull the trigger. I try to help people see that nothing is that bad that can't be worked out. Life is good

Anyway just wanted to share that (and maybe help one person to see life) and hear about your experiences.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    A friend of mine who I used to work with and go out partying with here and there was found two weeks ago hanging from a tree in the park just down the road from his house, his mother ended up finding him, he left behind his girlfriend and his son (I believe he was 2 years old). Creepy shit man, you always hear about it but when it happens to someone you know it give you goosebumps.

p.s. I've got a tanning salon and a body jewelry store now that are doing well, I would have missed all of that because I was in my own little "shell" glad I broke out of that shit and moved on and seen the every day little joys

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Personally havent thought about it...

but i have been near ppl that i think have ...

Truth of the matter is you can't help people who don't want to be help but people who want to die r the ones who actually don't make the attempts but actually go thru with the suicides...

I had a good friend once who tried to kill himself.. he denied it.. but none of what he said happened added up.. can't really get into detail without getting complicated.. but basically sometimes all u can do is help someone put the pieces back together.. but in the end if someone can't help thenselves there is little you can do.

Cant say I ever wanted to commit suicide myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    A friend of mine who I used to work with and go out partying with here and there was found two weeks ago hanging from a tree in the park just down the road from his house, his mother ended up finding him, he left behind his girlfriend and his son (I believe he was 2 years old). Creepy shit man, you always hear about it but when it happens to someone you know it give you goosebumps.

That's one of the sad parts, if only they could break out of the shell and deal with things(it felt like the only way to end the pain)
    Then there is the guilt from those left behind (whether they could have prevented it)
    And what is up with kids wanting to commit sucide? I never once thought of it when I was a teen, only later (guess they are under pressure, job and school, damn that would be alot for a teen to handle plus the feelings of love and abuse )

I believe drug use/abuse can trigger these thoughts in peoples minds. Along with the feeling of not being wanted/loved by someone. Alot of people hate what they see when they look in the mirror. No one will ever know exactly what causes people to commit suicide except the people who've done it.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Been thinking about it since about 5-6th grade. Thought about how to do it. Found a gun, the whole nine. Then I heard about that guy who listend to Judas Priest and only managed to blow off his jaw. I wouldn't want to survive and be left like that. I'm not sure a hollow point would do it if a shot gun couldn't do the job.

yeah a teacher of mine 2 years back hung himself. hed met a women, and she had left her husband for this guy. he just turned 30, and they had gotten engaged 3 weeks previously.. everything was going for him and next thign hif fiance came home and found him hanging. was really sad

and last year i had to leave university and restart this year because my dad was thinking about it due to a messy divorce. was rly bad.

and yes i have thought about it, iv thought about it a lot. iv tried to overdose, iv sniffed aerosols, but now i realise i was a di(k so i rly cudnt do it. i tried to do it coz of my ex gf, she was a really nasty bitch.. told people i raped her etc and basically ruined the best years of my life (between age 16 and 18!!). during this time i didnt get to go out with my mates, coz she didnt approve of it.

i had no female friends, was told to delete all girls numbers from my fone and msn lists. she was just a nasty piece of work. and as psychotic as this sounds, iv thought of killing her, though that was when this was all happening, i just laugh at her now. shes an ugly wee bitch, total slut and im here looking completely different in the 3 years since we split, its brilliant!

but suicide is horrible, i dont understand why people do it coz it hurts so many around u. hope anyone here who has been affected is ok

I lost my father through suicide.It is the most selfish thing anyone can ever do.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    I lost my father through suicide.It is the most selfish thing anyone can ever do.
    was just gonna say the same thing large,very selfish.

As bad as it sounds, when you are in that frame of mind you just don't care about what it does to others or you think they will be better off w/o you.

What it leaves behind is alot of hurt people.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    One of my best friends killed himself when i was 15 it was just devastating not a letter or any reason why that we knew of just out of the blue and then one of my best friends dad killed himself when he was only six so he has never had a father and his dad played football at Colorado he's got old jerseys and stuff and I'm still sad every time we talk about his father cause I know he wishes he could show him what he's made of him self a succesfull business owner and Father of two and so on but damn anytime it happens it's just horrible.

I used to get upset about it,not anymore though,these days i feel more anger.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i used to think about doing it last year but i couldnt do that to my freinds and parents and i told my mom and got help

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

My brother done it on his birthday last year. I don't think its a selfish act at all. He tried and tried to get help, it didn't come and the pain got too much for him.

chest6 is offline Banned
    my friend committed suicide 2 1/2 years ago. Yall prolly heard of him..the one with the steroids blamed..HS baseball pitcher

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    my friend committed suicide 2 1/2 years ago. Yall prolly heard of him..the one with the steroids blamed..HS baseball pitcher
    Man...sorry about your loss. Must have been tough to have to hear about it in the papers all the time...

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yup, it was. I thought he was the last one that would do something like that, but life's full of surprises.

Shocking how many people have thought about doing it or has known someone who has. There has to be something wrong w/ the way things are. Maybe things will change for the better? Money and relationships seem to be the main problems. (I know it was for me )

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    2 friends who killed themselves.. 1 hung himself, the other stepped in front of a train. The first cuz he was failing out of Uni. and didnt want to tell his parents the second one did it because his girl left him...

At the height of my alcoholism, I considered very seriously, to the point of sitting alone with a gun. That night I walked through the front door of a detox center. Left 4 1/2 weeks later, and been happier every day since...
    Last edited by Evil Predator; 12-15-2005 at 08:00 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    2 friends who killed themselves.. 1 hung himself, the other stepped in front of a train. The first cuz he was failing out of Uni. and didnt want to tell his parents the second one did it because his girl left him...

At the height of my alcoholism, I considered very seriously, to the point of sitting alone with a gun. That night I walked through the front door of a detox center. Left 4 1/2 weeks later, and been happier every day since...
    glad to hear the second part of the story man, its definitely never worth it.

For me, it's a chemical imbalance. Getting on ADD meds in school early on probably woulda helped out a lot. I had a really tough time in school. People made fun of me all the time. I hated school with a passion. I don't even talk to any one I went to school with. When I see 'em now, I avoid them. Just brings back all the painful memories.
    I'm on effexor now. Doing better. Maybe I should seek counsling. But the few times I've been before didn't really seem to help. That was before the effexor though.

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member

Can I give you a hug?
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    For me, it's a chemical imbalance. Getting on ADD meds in school early on probably woulda helped out a lot. I had a really tough time in school. People made fun of me all the time. I hated school with a passion. I don't even talk to any one I went to school with. When I see 'em now, I avoid them. Just brings back all the painful memories.
    I'm on effexor now. Doing better. Maybe I should seek counsling. But the few times I've been before didn't really seem to help. That was before the effexor though.

Wow, me too, it's like I wrote it! I had the same problem. I take adderral now and wow every day is great! You start to see the good and wiz past the bad.
    Hope shit gets better for you, been were you are and it sucked.

I learned(after many nights with a gun in my mouth and against my head) that life is meant to be enjoyed.

Songs that helped not do it
    suicide solution (about not drinking yourself to death if they actually hear the words)
    Poison; something to believe in (thinking about how my best friend would have felt, it would have messed him up)
    Kix:don't close your eyes
    Soul asylumn: run away train

Sorry to ramble, but I hope my experiences and yours too will show that nothing is as bad as it seems

Best happy song: Tim McGraw live like you were dying ( I wrote many, many last notes and came very close soo many times that I know death was but a pull away. The things I would have never seen
    Last edited by goodcents; 12-16-2005 at 12:08 PM.

I'll have to DL those songs and make a CD.

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    Man I have to say I am sorry to hear all of your stories and glad to hear a lot of you got better. The only suicide I was around was a girl in my high school hung herself she lived in my neighborhood did'nt really know her but it was weird, and I felt horrible for her family. I remember that day clearly I saw her parents walking down the street just balling, it was pretty sad. I can only say I have never been their myself but their is always someone who loves you and their is no reason for it. Things will always get better, just keep your head up and fight through it

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet
    Can I give you a hug?
    Yeah!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I think suicide is the cowards way out, easy way out rather than having to face problems. Jmo

panasonicbike is offline Junior Member
    My friend killed himself when he was 17 because his girlfriend of 2 years dumped him. He was a skateboarder and about to go pro but then one night he hung himself from a tree in his yard. He soaked himself in gasoline lit himself on fire then jumped from the top of a tree with a rope around his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by panasonicbike
    My friend killed himself when he was 17 because his girlfriend of 2 years dumped him. He was a skateboarder and about to go pro but then one night he hung himself from a tree in his yard. He soaked himself in gasoline lit himself on fire then jumped from the top of a tree with a rope around his neck.
    Man now thats a kid that def didnt want to live

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by panasonicbike
    Now thats fuvked up!

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was in college, i came home from a party one night and was standing in front of my dorm window when I heard this huge crash and all of a sudden a body goes flying pass my window and slams into the ground. Apparently this guy caught his girlfriend in bed with some other guy earlier in the day, went out and got trashed and decided to jump through his 14th floor window and commit suicide. I was definitely freaked out for a while after that incident.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    last night my freind i used to go to middle and high school with hung him self he didnt leave a note or anythnig he was a realy great guy and very popular why do people do this stuff.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    now, i know this probaly isnt gonna go to well with some of you, but i figured i may as well at least share my view although it wont agree with some.

i personally, have no expierence with suicide anywhere around me. i personally think it is a joke, and those who do it. and especially those who talk about it at later times how they tried to kill themselves for the attention basically and so everyone will know they are crazy assholes, drives me nuts.

come on, everyone has stuff go wrong in their lives, we were created with more brain power than to let some bad luck overcome our lives and have it end all of it.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    come on, everyone has stuff go wrong in their lives, we were created with more brain power than to let some bad luck overcome our lives and have it end all of it.

I wont tell you guys what to think, but I can tell you this.. Its a much different view from the outside looking in.

I never told my family or friends about my night with the gun. None of them know why I went to rehab (besides me being a drunk). None of them know what I felt or how bad it was eating away at me. Theres somethings you cant tell those your close to, or at least it seems.

Depression can spiral out of control and lead to many other problems. Not everyone is in a place where they can "fix" their problems, and some problems never go away.

Stubborness is the biggest thing keeping me clean. I refuse to prove everyone right. I cleaned up and changed my life for good, and now im doing better than all of them.

Its easy to believe you dont deserve a second chance sometimes....

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    I think suicide is the cowards way out, easy way out rather than having to face problems. Jmo

And I think thats one of the most selfish and narrow minded view's on suicide out there.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    yea, i lost a first cousin who was my best fishing and bs buddy. he was a couple of years older then me. i looked up to him and respected him. we were coiming home from a fishing day, he told me he was gonna do it. he was having child custady problems, thought i had talked him out of it.......a week or so later, he did it. at first i was angry at my self for not telling anyone. then i was angry at him. its been 5 years now, and now i just miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    And I think thats one of the most selfish and narrow minded view's on suicide out there.
    I cant see how thats selfish, committing suicide when ur married with kids, now that is selfish.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I had 3 horrible years of depression that started the senior year of high school and continued until last january or so. Thought about suicide every day and cut myself a few times, but never had the balls to go through with it thank god.
    Lifting and juice keept me alive during those years. I turned it into a complete obsession and totaly burried myself in it. Closes I was to do it was when my back got ****ed, was in pain 24/7 and couldnt lift.

The cause of the depression was mostly because of my asshole dad and my social anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information