Better/easier in your 20's or 30's

Has anyone found that when your in you 30's it is easier to build quality muscle than in your 20's.........any thoughts?

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    I'm currently 35 years old and have been lifting since I was 10 and have made the most significant gains of my life in the past few years. However, I never did a cycle until I was 32, so that may be more of the reason than anything else. Although, I do believe that as I got into my 30's, I developed more muscle maturity and greater density than I ever could have in my 20's. I think when you are in your 20's, you have a naturally higher metabolism so it is easier to build lean muscle without gaining fat, but with the right diet and enough rest, there is no reason you can't continue to build quality lean muscle mass well into you 30's and beyond.

bump

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    XL, i built alot of mass and size in my 20's but must admit in my 30's my muscles seemed to mature alot and i looked alot better, now i dont know if thats age or experience's with gear or just being consistant over the years, in this game it takes years to build quaility muscle, being consistant with all aspects with bodybuilding and you will reach your goals....but at what price !!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    XL, i built alot of mass and size in my 20's but must admit in my 30's my muscles seemed to mature alot and i looked alot better, now i dont know if thats age or experience's with gear or just being consistant over the years, in this game it takes years to build quaility muscle, being consistant with all aspects with bodybuilding and you will reach your goals....but at what price !!
    At what price?? Thats the question,does years of cycling on and off eventually catch up with you,forcing you into HRT at a premature age?

Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    At what price?? Thats the question,does years of cycling on and off eventually catch up with you,forcing you into HRT at a premature age?
    in alot of cases ive seen YES, but who cares when your big hey!!

in alot of cases ive seen YES, but who cares when your big hey!!
    Its all well and good being big but if you cant get it up then is it worth it?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Ah, good thread and I hope some of the younger guys take something from this good thread.

Right, I tell young guys in the gym (teen's and 20's) that using steroids too young WON'T build the same kind of dense, mature muscle fibre that you see guys in their 30's and 40's who have done the hardcore years lifting iron.

I don't care what anyone says, diet, cycles etc in your younger days only go to towards building that look you'll only get in your 30's which will last for year's and year's to come. How often have you seen guys who've been through the years of hardcore lifting take week's, months or even a year off from the gym and they never look like their much more than a workout away!.

I'm 39 now, and without doubt my best years in the gym have been the last ten.

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member

What???? Your in your 30's? I would have never guessed!
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet
    What???? Your in your 30's? I would have never guessed!
    ehhhh?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Has anyone found that when your in you 30's it is easier to build quality muscle than in your 20's.........any thoughts?
    Very good thread. I notice a lot of younger guys on the board post as if life stops when you turn 30. I've made the best gains of my life in my 30s and I'm still growing.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    making good gains in my 30's. but damn i hurt

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Damnitall! I'm 29 and still trying to overcome injuries to my shoulders. I think it's just bad genes though. My dad has 'em, I have 'em, and my brothers have 'em. Had I known, I woulda been doing PT for my rotator cuffs to build them up when I started lifting at 13 YO.
    I also wouldn't of stopped lifting after high school. No one told me 18-25 was the best years to bulk up natty.

Guys I think this is a very important thread, I'm inclined to move it into the workout forum but I'm going to leave it here for better viewing. But I'll ask one thing, lets keep this one on topic. Alot of peope here could learn from this.

I think its important not to mess yourself up im your teens and twenties with excessive ammounts af aas chasing something only years of hard work can achieve.........patience and consistancy is the key to success.
    Last edited by Xtralarg; 12-16-2005 at 02:35 PM.

I think its important not to mess yourself up im your teens and twenties with excessive ammounts af aas chasing someting only years of hard work can achieve.........patience and consistancy is the key to success.

And THATS exactly the message I hope the younger guys get out of this thread.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i'm 29 and i think i look better now than i did when i was 20. Reason being i have a better appreciation and im willing to take my time doing the exercises and not rush thru.

Sloppy weight training is not a sustitute for quality

tempbrit is offline Member
    38 Years old and stonger and leaner than I have ever been in my life. I would not have been successful running gear in my 20's. I did not have to eat good to look great, eventually it caught up to me and I eventually had to learn to eat. The discipline I have now with both diet and training is the reason why my gains during cycle are so good. The discipline was not there during my 20's.

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    I think its important not to mess yourself up im your teens and twenties with excessive ammounts af aas chasing something only years of hard work can achieve.........patience and consistancy is the key to success.
    ditto that..

and I would say clean food would help up the teststrone level . real food has a lot more than i expected, it turns my body nicely to where i want it to be..

food, " very clean food " all year around, would change a lot of things in the body and the brain i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS
    ditto that..

and I would say clean food would help up the teststrone level . real food has a lot more than i expected, it turns my body nicely to where i want it to be..

food, " very clean food " all year around, would change a lot of things in the body and the brain i guess.

I agree.....many overlook the importance of a good clean diet.......IMO its up there with everyting else if not above...........so many guys think aas are the key and overlook diet when in fact if they payed more attention to it they would see amazing results.I have.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    the older i have got the more i have learned about this game,correct way to eat,train sleep and ofcoarse the best use of roid use!i think we have all made mistakes in the past and we learn by them,this is the same with the younger users.hopefully with the help of this board we can help others to acheive wat we are now at a younger age!!sorry im babblin!!
    i feel that i am makin better gains now rather than when i was younger basically coz i know how to do things the right way now and i did not when i first started out!

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    the older i have got the more i have learned about this game,correct way to eat,train sleep and ofcoarse the best use of roid use!i think we have all made mistakes in the past and we learn by them,this is the same with the younger users.hopefully with the help of this board we can help others to acheive wat we are now at a younger age!!sorry im babblin!!
    i feel that i am makin better gains now rather than when i was younger basically coz i know how to do things the right way now and i did not when i first started out!
    Thanks for the input mate

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    we are all still learnin mate even at our age!although your just a youngan aint ya!!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    bump
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

ehhhh?
    Shes talking about your avvy
    Last edited by Xtralarg; 12-17-2005 at 03:11 AM.

Zapp is offline Banned
    I got started late in the game of competition bodybuilding at the age of 36. Never know what might have been if I took it more seriously in my 20's. I just lifted for a while and always stopped for some reason or another. (injuries, personal reasons etc.) I wouldn't say it was easier to gain muscle in my 30's than in my 20's, but I think I'm doing a pretty good job. It helps being here on AR getting new ideas, and gaining more knowledge from other bro's that have experience in certain workout routines and the use of certain kinds of gear.

Thread Information