tranzit is offline Senior Member

Thinking about buying this car what do you think bros?

Ok i had a 2000 mustang GT when my wife and i met.. had 20k or so worth of work done to it. Sold that to get a truck but i have found i am not a truck guy and want to get a new mustang. BUT.. the mustang i am going to get dosent come out for another almost a year. so im thinking about buying this BMW tell me what you think

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	59963

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a really nice BMW. I'd take that over the stang, any day.

i'm not picking it over the stang. I am waiting for the stang to come out. The stang will only be driven on nice days.. mabey 30 days out of the year. so this would be my daily driver. the stang is my fun car.

I'm just not a truck guy. we have an expedition also the wife drives that big gas guzzleing bastard. so we have a big vehicle already. i want a car again.

I'd def go w/ that beamer. Only downside is, have some $$ for repairs, they arent cheap on a high line car like that, but cars like that tend to be more reliable and other than usual wear and tear nothing ever really goes wrong on them.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    i'm not picking it over the stang. I am waiting for the stang to come out. The stang will only be driven on nice days.. mabey 30 days out of the year. so this would be my daily driver. the stang is my fun car.
    Sweet. I can't wait until I have the luxury of having two cars.

I'm not rich. The mustang is for fun and should prove to be an ok investment.. i mean it wont be worth what i pay for it for 20 years but ill have it and thats what matters. The BMW just had all the services done on it. and has a ton of extra's has aero package, NAV, exhaust, chip and all kins of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I'd def go w/ that beamer. Only downside is, have some $$ for repairs, they arent cheap on a high line car like that, but cars like that tend to be more reliable and other than usual wear and tear nothing ever really goes wrong on them.
    yeh man i was worried about that at first but i have been looking around and found two really good shops that work on BMW and merc, i have never owned a BMW before though so i am still deciding if i want to do that. I was also looking into a Lexus GS460 but i dont know about that either.. i like the BMW better.

yeh man i was worried about that at first but i have been looking around and found two really good shops that work on BMW and merc, i have never owned a BMW before though so i am still deciding if i want to do that. I was also looking into a Lexus GS460 but i dont know about that either.. i like the BMW better.

I like Acura myself, I got a 3.2 TL. You cant go wrong with an Acura, I'd consider those too.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    haha youre buying a new beamer for a daily driver to hold you over til you get your new stang, and you previously had a 2000 gt with 20 grand put into it but yet you say youre not rich . Anyway, what did you have done to the gt that put you back 20 G's? Rocket engine?

Actually, now that I think of it, I'd use the Mustang as my daily driver and the beamer as my toy, that beamer is seriously a bad looking ride in that pic.

The stang is a 2007 shelby GT 500 that i am going to buy at the end of this year. it will be a classic and a collectors item. So i cant DD it.

As far as what i did to the stang, 3500 in wheels and tires, 12k in engine work, 4k stereo, the rest in susp, exhaust big brakes, ect..

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I had a BMW, and while it handled great and was very stylish, it lacked the overall power I wanted. You can get a great deal of power out of them, but for serious $$$. They are good cars and I think you would be happy with it, especially once you have the Mustang for variety.

heres a bad picture of the old stang, it looks orange but it was red with an orange tint.

and a picture of the mustang i am buying. well not this exact one but you know what i mean.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	59966[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about buying this car what do you think bros?-stang.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    I had a BMW, and while it handled great and was very stylish, it lacked the overall power I wanted. You can get a great deal of power out of them, but for serious $$$. They are good cars and I think you would be happy with it, especially once you have the Mustang for variety.

True that , gotta go w/ the M3 for that real power

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    heres a bad picture of the old stang, it looks orange but it was red with an orange tint.

and a picture of the mustang i am buying. well not this exact one but you know what i mean.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	59966[/ATTACH]
    I find the 2000 style stang to be kind of greasy, im not a ford man but that shelby is an amazing car......your a lucky man.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't get that BMW, I llike the newer front ends. For what you spend on that, you should wait and be patient. I've seen 02, 03, and 04 7 series are under 40 now with a transferable 100,000 mile warranty bumper to bumper.

Good luck on that GT500. Chances are you won't get a first run production model. If you do, plan on paying at least 20k over the MSRP of just under 50,000...

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    I wouldn't get that BMW, I llike the newer front ends. For what you spend on that, you should wait and be patient. I've seen 02, 03, and 04 7 series are under 40 now with a transferable 100,000 mile warranty bumper to bumper.

Good luck on that GT500. Chances are you won't get a first run production model. If you do, plan on paying at least 20k over the MSRP of just under 50,000...

good luck
    they are making 5k in 2006-7 and at least 5k more in 2008. i am not worried about it. Ill let the idiots pay 20k over invoice for 6 months then ill get one for 5k over.

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    id much rather roll in the bimmer..but what i would do is sell the old stang and keep the bimmer and the new stang..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Car looks sharp. I'd go for it. Should be fun to drive.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats not an m3.
    What is that an 325-328?

If its an 323 or less then trash it.
    I also like the CLK 430. or CLK55 AMG

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Thats a older BMW, its not that pimp.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Its you guys with your multiple car ownership and inefficient american gas guzzlers that are making the US the worst greenhouse gas contributor. I they your govt should put your fuel tax up to 70% of the total price like here in the UK and also tax SUVs.

The BMW is nice, but a 3 series is a bit cheap compared to the higher models. A 5 series is a bit too executive maybe, a 6 series too expensive and a 7 series is just a river barge...now if it was a 330ci or M3 then it would be a good car.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    they are making 5k in 2006-7 and at least 5k more in 2008. i am not worried about it. Ill let the idiots pay 20k over invoice for 6 months then ill get one for 5k over.
    I thought the same way, when i called my dealership they said i was number 60 on the list for the 07' cobra, they said when production begins they will call down the list, and whoever has the down payment available - that is who they will take orders from. So instead of buying that BMW, i'd save the cheese for when they do call, unless you got a bigger money tree then the majority of the guys on internet... If you don't go that route, you'll end up paying 60,000+ on ebay for it. But from what it looks like, it will be marked up just like the 00' R model was way over the stated 40g's, because of its low production numbers. Dealers set the price at whatever they want unfortunately, and yes bozos pay it.

good luck though, they are beautiful.. nice red one by the way i'm a huge mustang freak too

BMW is definitely a subject I'm familiar with. I've got a 1998 E36 M3 4 door, and my bro has a 2001 E39 M5.

Honestly, the E46 is a cool car, but if you get one, make sure it's an M3. You can pick up an 01 M3 for less than $30K, now. If you don't want to spend that much, I'd definitely suggest a 95-99 M3. They aren't as fast as a modified Mustang, they only do the quarter in 14.0, but the handling on the car is simply amazing. Just drive one and you'll see why it beat out even Ferrari's and Porsche's in 1998 test drives.

Maintenance isn't bad at all on these cars. Just make sure you don't take it to the dealership. If you've got any more Q's, let me know.

Nismo is offline Member
    Screw all that, if your serious about getting a new ride you should get a Cadillac STS. They are stylish and run great, if you want something with a bit more luxury then get a Infinity G35. Screw the Mustang, leave that for the high school kids and mid life crises old men

There were 300 Cobra R's made in 2000 they were seling for 80k and that care is a track car. this car is not a cobra R production numbers are 5000 units in 06/07 2000 dumb asses will spend 60k 1000 will spend 50k that leaves me fighting over the last 2000 of them. and by the time the trickle down effect has started the 08's will be coming out making it that much easyer and cheaper to snag an 08. Alot of the people on those lists are just that.. on a list they dont have the money and wont have the money to buy this car. so the people you see talking this up about how they are gonna get this and they are on a list and whatever else are mostly just full of shit.
    I have purchased two mustangs , an explorer and an expedition from this dealership. Im not on any list but ill bet i get one before 2008 =)

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    I thought the same way, when i called my dealership they said i was number 60 on the list for the 07' cobra, they said when production begins they will call down the list, and whoever has the down payment available - that is who they will take orders from. So instead of buying that BMW, i'd save the cheese for when they do call, unless you got a bigger money tree then the majority of the guys on internet... If you don't go that route, you'll end up paying 60,000+ on ebay for it. But from what it looks like, it will be marked up just like the 00' R model was way over the stated 40g's, because of its low production numbers. Dealers set the price at whatever they want unfortunately, and yes bozos pay it.

good luck though, they are beautiful.. nice red one by the way i'm a huge mustang freak too

Hmm future classic collectors car... car thats value cuts in half as soon as i drive it off the lot? hmm i think ill stick with the shelby =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Screw all that, if your serious about getting a new ride you should get a Cadillac STS. They are stylish and run great, if you want something with a bit more luxury then get a Infinity G35. Screw the Mustang, leave that for the high school kids and mid life crises old men

Nismo is offline Member
    Hmm future classic collectors car... car thats value cuts in half as soon as i drive it off the lot? hmm i think ill stick with the shelby =)
    Oh shit, your talking about old school cars. Fvck that, in that case get the shelby bro, I thought you were talking about new cars. Get a Chager, those things have massive balls

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Its you guys with your multiple car ownership and inefficient american gas guzzlers that are making the US the worst greenhouse gas contributor. I they your govt should put your fuel tax up to 70% of the total price like here in the UK and also tax SUVs.

The BMW is nice, but a 3 series is a bit cheap compared to the higher models. A 5 series is a bit too executive maybe, a 6 series too expensive and a 7 series is just a river barge...now if it was a 330ci or M3 then it would be a good car.

thats why we dont live in your country.

and the 3 series is about where i want to be. a car "unless a collectors car" is the worst investment you can make. I am smarter then that ill stick with the used BMW 3 series.

I am talking about a 2007 cobra shelby GT. future classic. it isnt one yet.. it also isnt out yet.

Nismo is offline Member
    In that case you got me???? The only car that I know of that is starting to get any value is the Nissan 240 sx and thats only cause drifting is big. Either then that I have no clue on what car is going to be a Future Classic

this one will be trust me =)

here is more info on that BMW

2000 BMW 328CI SPORT COUPE in Steel Blue Metallic "BMW Sport" and "Aerodynamic package", Black leather interior, 5-speed Manual shift transmission, 18" Sport-Steel BMW wheels, Xenon "HID" headlights, Wood interior trim pkg. plus aluminum pedals, M Series white light package and shift knob, Fog lights, "M" rear decklid spoiler, Sport Bucket Seats w/ Dual 8-way Power and Driver's seat memory...Custom exhaust, K&N Intake, Dinan performace chip, professional lowered, privacy glass, Xm Satalite Radio Receiver w/ 6 Disc Changer, IMMACULATE condition-

here is a little bit about the shelby

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/featu...?release=20294

Flexor is offline Banned
    this one will be trust me =)

here is more info on that BMW

2000 BMW 328CI SPORT COUPE in Steel Blue Metallic "BMW Sport" and "Aerodynamic package", Black leather interior, 5-speed Manual shift transmission, 18" Sport-Steel BMW wheels, Xenon "HID" headlights, Wood interior trim pkg. plus aluminum pedals, M Series white light package and shift knob, Fog lights, "M" rear decklid spoiler, Sport Bucket Seats w/ Dual 8-way Power and Driver's seat memory...Custom exhaust, K&N Intake, Dinan performace chip, professional lowered, privacy glass, Xm Satalite Radio Receiver w/ 6 Disc Changer, IMMACULATE condition-
    That has got some kit on it, 18" alloys wow. I really like all those mods, nice car after all.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    328, is not bad.
    Who was the previous owner, for some reason I get a bad feeling on the car.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not rich. The mustang is for fun and should prove to be an ok investment.. i mean it wont be worth what i pay for it for 20 years but ill have it and thats what matters. The BMW just had all the services done on it. and has a ton of extra's has aero package, NAV, exhaust, chip and all kins of stuff.
    those are really nice especially if you can get them in standard and they are quick and perfect for in and out of lanes

Thread Information