PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

whats with male massage therapists?

Am I the only one uncomfortable with having a dude give me a massage? It seems like there's an abundance of male massage therapists in my city. I don't want to sound like an ass or a perv and be like "no I want a female to do it." I mean they should strickly book you with the opposite sex. This should be common sence! I'm not a homo phobe but really, how many guys could really be comfortable be rubbed down by some guy named Pedro?

I haven't found a massage therapist that I want to stick with yet so whenever I make an appointment with a new parlor I ask who I'm booked with, if its a chicks name I show up, if not you wont be seeing me, unisex name chances are unlikely. I have a bad back from work and back day and squats aggrivates it some (yes I use proper form but when it's already f'd from work proper form doesnt help a whole lot) so its not recreational, I have to go if I want to be able to go to work.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    meh they usually hit the deep tissue better due to the increased strength.. Nothing gay about it at all

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    your paying for it so F them just say youd prefer a female therapist when you book the appointment

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nothing wrong with feeling that way. I feel more comforatable with a female giving me a massage also. If I am paying for a service i want the female gender to be performing the service IMO.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    meh they usually hit the deep tissue better due to the increased strength.. Nothing gay about it at all
    this coming from the "forum fluff boy" lol.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd rather the female fo sho

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i felt weird about gettin a guy too, but like needsmorestrength said, they can work the muscle tissure alot harder. this guy beat the shit outa my muscles was amaziing.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant mentally relax knowing a guy is giving me a massage.
    Cant let the mind wonder off, conscious relax, and have a semi-OBE, almost orgasmic with a hot babe.

HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member
    Nothing gay about it, unless you're getting happy endings.

I'm in the same boat, I'd rather have some old hag named Olga giving me a message then a dude.

Damn, no matter how I say it, it's going to sound gay so here...I'd love to find a girl with strong enough hands, but I've only found guys to go strong enough.

Seriously, I usually book guys. I'm laying down, nobody talks, it's all good. But if he makes a move on me, I'll kick his ass.

Icon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    Am I the only one uncomfortable with having a dude give me a massage? It seems like there's an abundance of male massage therapists in my city. I don't want to sound like an ass or a perv and be like "no I want a female to do it." I mean they should strickly book you with the opposite sex. This should be common sence! I'm not a homo phobe but really, how many guys could really be comfortable be rubbed down by some guy named Pedro?

I haven't found a massage therapist that I want to stick with yet so whenever I make an appointment with a new parlor I ask who I'm booked with, if its a chicks name I show up, if not you wont be seeing me, unisex name chances are unlikely. I have a bad back from work and back day and squats aggrivates it some (yes I use proper form but when it's already f'd from work proper form doesnt help a whole lot) so its not recreational, I have to go if I want to be able to go to work.

Bro, you're not being an ass by requesting a female. It's very understandable and common from what I understand. I use a CMT once every couple of weeks and I too shop around. Each place I call I always request a female therapist and they NEVER have had a problem with accomodating me. If they even hesistate, just call another place.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I dont care as long as the massage is good wether its male/female/TS/TV

chest6 is offline Banned
    I still have a free massage from awhile ago..this reminded me..gotta request a female for sure

Will they mess with you at all(massages) Make you sore or anything?? I dont want my workouts messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Icon
    Bro, you're not being an ass by requesting a female. It's very understandable and common from what I understand. I use a CMT once every couple of weeks and I too shop around. Each place I call I always request a female therapist and they NEVER have had a problem with accomodating me. If they even hesistate, just call another place.
    yea thats kind of what I thought! but it seems 70% of the time they're trying to book me with guys, it kind of made me wonder if its common for a dude to working on other guys all the time. I find it uncomfortable myself. I have a buddy who's going to school to be a massage therapist and he gets upset when I talk about how I don't like guys doing it. I really wasn't sure if it was a touchy subject in the massuse community, lol.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just make sure that you don't ask for the "Happy Ending......

When I get a massage I want a man to do it whenever possible. I'm there for my muscles, not my dick. I'm not going to pay some chick 40 or 50 bucks and walk out of there feeling like she didnt do shit. Guys just have stronger hands when it comes to it. I dont give a flying **** if he's straight, gay, cross dressing, whatever. As long as he's not putting a move on me and just sticking to the massage it's all good.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Guys just have stronger hands when it comes to it.
    I have found that true excluding one woman I went to in Florida. I did feel weird once, having cramps in my low back and glutes, as I specifically asked him to massage the sacram/glutes.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I really wasn't sure if it was a touchy subject in the massuse community, lol.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Am I the only one uncomfortable with having a dude give me a massage?
    Yes

I'm not a homo phobe
    Sounds like you are.

how many guys could really be comfortable be rubbed down by some guy named Pedro?
    Doesn't bother me.

Who cares. As long as the guy is not trying to massage your prostate it really shouldn't matter.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    When I get a massage I want a man to do it whenever possible. I'm there for my muscles, not my dick. I'm not going to pay some chick 40 or 50 bucks and walk out of there feeling like she didnt do shit. Guys just have stronger hands when it comes to it.
    Same here. I prefer a guy to do it, they're stronger.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Same here. I prefer a guy to do it, they're stronger.
    I've actaully always hated to admit this but, yes so do I. The times I have had a guy its always been a much better massage. Now a days, I got my guy and I give him a call when I need to book an appointment. I'm certain he's not gay and I'm certain that I'm not so nothing at all is gay what so ever. Just business.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Who cares. As long as the guy is not trying to massage your prostate it really shouldn't matter.
    Tell the truth... LMAO

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    It is only gay if you think it's gay. Get a man. He won't do anything sexual unless you sprout a woodie or smile too much. (Then, he will probably expect a tip) But besides the fact that a man will usually do a better job on a muscular client due to his greater weight and strength compared to a woman, it also will help you work out this homophobia thing and get it out of your system.

Love
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    It is only gay if you think it's gay. Get a man. He won't do anything sexual unless you sprout a woodie or smile too much. (Then, he will probably expect a tip) But besides the fact that a man will usually do a better job on a muscular client due to his greater weight and strength compared to a woman, it also will help you work out this homophobia thing and get it out of your system.

Love
    Anna

As long as he doesnt look like your avatar I'm cool w/ it

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member

Yes
    If you look at the posts above yours you'll see that I'm not.

Sounds like you are.
    No just not comfortable with it unless its a guy I've known for more than the 5 second walk leading to the room.

Doesn't bother me.
    That's you, not me.

No just not comfortable with it unless its a guy I've known for more than the 5 second walk leading to the room.
    What does it matter how longs you've known him? If he sits you down and you two have small talk, does that make you feel better? How do you think he feels? The guy touches people for a living. Most are fat out of shape and disgusting. He's probably more repulsed than you are.

When you go for a physical, and they touch your balls do you request a female doctor? What in hell will you do when you're in your late 30s and you have to get a prostate exam. Will you request a female doctor?

Why does a guy touching you non sexually makes you so uncomfortable? Is it because in your head you're making something out of it? Are you afraid you'll get wood? What are you afraid of?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Its not sex, its a massage.

How do you think he feels? The guy touches people for a living. Most are fat out of shape and disgusting. He's probably more repulsed than you are.
    He knew what he was getting into when he applied for school. I doubt they think twice about it otherwise they wouldnt be doing it. Why you gotta rip? I don't need someone to tell me what I should and shouldn't be okay with.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't care what anyone says...I wouldn't let a guy give me a massage.
    Period.

Thread Information