Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater

I Had One Of Those...

...life altering experiences last night at the gym. So i'm lifting at this Cardio plus in Iowa which is not my usual gym. I only use it because on work travel all week so I get 3 day passes. Anyways, I get there last night and there's this I hate to say it, but let's just keep it simple and put it in layman's terms, there's a "retard" there. There was only him and one other guy there so I knew this was going to suck for me. So I walk over to the dumbell rack about to start my back workout and before I could look his way, he's already come up to me ranting and yelling about nothing in particular. I'm thinking to myself oh shit, now i'll never get my workout in with this klown bugging me. He comes up and starts talking to me and I quickly bust out the IPOD, but it's too late. He starts asking me questions and I kindly respond back to them with brief one sentences. He keeps asking me if I have a gf and stares at my body. rofl. I'm getting a little wierded out here. I just knew that he just had to be gay or just a very lonely individual. I than ask him if he has a gf and he tells me yes. ::SIGH OF RELIEF:: He tells me they're getting married soon. However it still doesn't prove anything. He could be lying for all I know and with his eye movement it's becoming clear to me he is... I tell him i'll hit him up later and slip on my headphones back on. He than gives me the "thumbs up" and goes over to the bench press and starts busting out 100pnd barbell reps while i'm doing one arm bent over rows. I'm like finally he's gone!, but I knew he would come back over so I try to never make eye contact with him. IT DOESN"T MATTER. He keeps coming over and bothering me. This time as i'm talking with him, I'm like FAWKKK, my workout is already shot so I might as well talk with the kid and make him happy. Now as i'm talking with him I realize that he's a pretty interesting feller. He told me he was 22, is in college, loves puzzy and loves to play the drums. He's looking to start a band and offers me to join within 10 minutes. ha ha. I try and kept my workout going while also talking with him, but it was getting harder and harder. I would do a set and than talk to him again. It was annoying at first, but than I realized that this kid a good person. He kindly offers to fill up my water bottle and we bullshit about lots of different things, basketball, women, music, etc. I than ask him if he has alot of friends and he tells me, JUST U and my gf. I'm like really? He's like yea. I don't need anyone else. Hearing that really made me feel good!. His name was Seth btw. So for the remainder of my workout he keeps following me and we continue to bullshit although every time we would talk he would stare me down and continue asking me if I had a gf. rofllll What kind of wierded me out is when I asked him if he's ever been pulled over by a cop because he told me he drives a Mustang S****e ::cough cough bullshit:: and he told me yes and that the cops harassed him and gave him 5 tickets one time. He than told me he had a gun in his car and that he sells drugs without a permit. I'm like wtf in my head!!!!! So I asked him if the cops found it and he's like, "nope". I'm like what do you sell and he says cigarettes and marijuana. Than i asked him if he sold steroids and he told me yes. I'm like what kind of shit do you have and he says, cigarettes. ROFLLLL. I keep forgetting that i'm talking to a mentally challenged person. So on that note I told him I was going to go use the recumbent bike and he follows me. We both do a 20 minute workout and continue talking. The only thing I was afraid of is that he was going to follow me to my car or shoot me so I told him I would see him tommorow at this time. It was around 10:00 at night and no one else was in the gym. I'll tell you this though. For the 45 min that turned into 2 long hours of my workout, I can tell you that it was a life altering experience for me. He was a good bruh and I felt bad for the kid. But hey, i'm considered his only other friend now. I'll take this experience over any one night stand i've had. I've come to realize that it's not always good to judge a book by it's cover in which I have done alot in the past. Sorry for the

I don't know about meeting him tonight for another 2 hours of entertainment although it sounds tempting...
    Last edited by Smak; 12-21-2005 at 09:19 AM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Switch ur times

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Excellent story,

I find it hard to open up to people I don't know, so I end up blow them off.

After reading your post, I'm really going to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Excellent story,

I find it hard to open up to people I don't know, so I end up blow them off.

After reading your post, I'm really going to work on that.
    Thanks man. I'm the same way. When I workout I hate to be bugged, but this kid made me think differently. What's a few minutes of your time to make someone elses life a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Switch ur times
    I was only there late because I fell asleep after work. But all in honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing this kid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Thanks man. I'm the same way. When I workout I hate to be bugged, but this kid made me think differently. What's a few minutes of your time to make someone elses life a little better.

Exactly,

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff Smak, I had that same experience over the weekend but this kid wasn't selling drugs or cigarettes. I feel the same way with people like that, sometimes they talk our heads off because they just want to get stuff off of there chest but they have nobody to share it with. I just hate the people that lie and you know they are lying. I think the holiday spirit brings people together more. Good stuff bro.

good for you man, you made that guys day

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Good for you Smak... I bet you made that kids LIFE!! Just imagine the impact you could have had on him. People probly never give him the time of day, you should be proud brutha!!! (unfortunately, he probly will be looking foward to seeing you everyday!! hahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    Good for you Smak... I bet you made that kids LIFE!! Just imagine the impact you could have had on him. People probly never give him the time of day, you should be proud brutha!!! (unfortunately, he probly will be looking foward to seeing you everyday!! hahaha)

haha jp he was coo. He was very understandable also. He didn't mumble like alot of them i've ran into.

BTW
    HeavyHittuh

Exactly,
    ohh Bigen... you know damm well you were one of those kids when you were younger... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    good for you man, you made that guys day
    Yea, but he'll be waiting for me every night from here on out.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    damn smak least you found a new bro stalker I guess lol

ohh Bigen... you know damm well you were one of those kids when you were younger... hahaha
    damn that's messed up cuz.

jp

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    damn smak least you found a new bro stalker I guess lol
    Yea, i think i'm gonna give him your digits....

were hell, I still am......

were hell, I still am......
    awww.... I just wanna give you a big ol hug!! you fag!! hahahaha actually im not!!

Yea, i think i'm gonna give him your digits....

coo he's even more special then you smak

Poison Ivy is offline Banned
    Lol

dont tell me you turn gay after this... OMG!

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    That was very kind of you, homie. I have a cousin w/ Down's Syndrome and she loves to talk. She is very special to me.

I must say that I was somewhat moved by your story.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    so wait the kid actually was retarded/Down's Syndrome or just weird in general?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    so wait the kid actually was retarded/Down's Syndrome or just weird in general?
    He has down's syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    That was very kind of you, homie. I have a cousin w/ Down's Syndrome and she loves to talk. She is very special to me.

I must say that I was somewhat moved by your story.
    Sozey. Como estas este dia?

He had down's syndrome.
    good for you for talking to him you made is day.

where was his supervision? i mean thats a real good place for him to hurt himself or someone else.

i mean look how many normal ppl get hurt in the gym for doing retarded stuff .

Sozey. Como estas este dia?
    Bien, gracias. Soy pequeño pero masivo, con un tremendo chorizo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Bien, gracias. Soy pequeño pero masivo, con un tremendo chorizo.
    jajaja. Sozey es muy comico!!!!!

I was trying not to laugh, but this was funny.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good for you for talking to him you made is day.

where was his supervision? i mean thats a real good place for him to hurt himself or someone else.

See that's what I don't know. He was there by himself. He kept looking at the clock so he had to be waiting for someone. I asked him, but he told me he drove. I don't think he did. LOL.

i guess Iowa is a pretty crazy place

He has down's syndrome.
    I thought you meant just a little weriod I feel bad now

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    All I can think of is "Cable Guuuyyy..."

Last edited by Slow~Mo; 12-21-2005 at 05:42 PM.

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    What goes around comes around bro. One day a hand or ear will come your way. Should of sent Seth this way, we could of all been his friend. LOL

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I worked in the mental health field for years and i can tell you that in general they are not shy to ask questions of any manner so be ready for anything, he truly does not mean anything bad its just the fact that his social skills are not up to par due to probably Downs Syndrome.

I am sure he will most likely talk to you everytime he sees you as you are probably the only person to give him the time of the day..believe it or not you probably made his year...believe me he won't forget you...people with Downs have awesome memories for some reason.

You can always stop the conversation but you have to be more detailed with him unlike me or some other guy...you need to explain to him that you are working out and you will come talk to him if you get a chance of course while smiling and maybe a knuckle bust.lol

Try it and i am sure he will understand as long as you put in a way he can understand.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    I am touched. You go, Girlfriend! That retarded kid now has what every young man needs... a hero and a role model. You made him feel really good, and I bet you made yourself feel pretty okay, too.

Love
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    I am touched. You go, Girlfriend! That retarded kid now has what every young man needs... a hero and a role model. You made him feel really good, and I bet you made yourself feel pretty okay, too.

Love
    Anna
    ROFL What happened to Anna?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    funny that mate thats exactly wat i thought of you when i 1st met you.......
    Retard.......................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I always assume anna was either justin or dally - guess she disappeared with them

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    hmmm.. i dont think it really altered smaks life lol

Thread Information