Thread: please help

roger24 is offline Banned

Angry please help

ok, im having some trouble with my computer, whenever i click to go onto the internet a box comes up that says, windows installer, preparing to install. that box stays there for about 5 min, and you cant close it, or minimize it. then after the 5 min, my homepage comes up and everything is normal. i dont understand why it is doing this, do any of you have any ideas, whats going on here, and how can i get that box to go away.

onehundredk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    ok, im having some trouble with my computer, whenever i click to go onto the internet a box comes up that says, windows installer, preparing to install. that box stays there for about 5 min, and you cant close it, or minimize it. then after the 5 min, my homepage comes up and everything is normal. i dont understand why it is doing this, do any of you have any ideas, whats going on here, and how can i get that box to go away.

hm is this internet explorer...next time your up, download firefox and use that insted of internet explorer to see if that helps...it should...or if you really want to keep internet explorer...next time your up and fully going, go to their site and download it....save it to your computer...dont install yet...then uninstall the internet explorer you have now, go to control panel, add or remove programs, and remove internet explorer...then go to where you saved your new internetexplorer.exe and download it...this should put a new slate on your computer...if this does not work...id consider gettin it fixed by geek squad at bestbuy or something like that...its possible you have a virus, and its going to get worse. good luck. hope i helped/

Thread Information