Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Nismo's Avatar
    Nismo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    916

    WTF does this shit mean???

    So whats up with slayng (<--not sure if I spelled it right) now-a-days?? Like what in the world does "Holla" mean?? Or crap like "Off da chain". Damn I'm only 21 years old but I feel like a freaking old man with todays lingo. Please someone tell me its not just me. The other day someone called my wife a "Dime", I don't know if he was calling her a whore or was he asking for change???

  2. #2
    scriptfactory's Avatar
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,490
    Are you serious? If so...

    "Holla" can mean "I'll holler" which basically means "I'll see you later."

    "Off da chain" is a reference to something wild or "out of control" like something that "broke off of it's chain". Usually means something fun.

    "Dime" is a reference to the number 10, which is in itself a reference to the "10 scale" that is usually used when rating the attractiveness of a woman. 1 being so ugly you can't even bag it and a 10 being very, very attractive. This is, of course, a very subjective rating. One man's dime is another man's nickel.


  3. #3
    PrairieDawg's Avatar
    PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,874
    what does skee skee skee mean? I hear that shit on chappelle show all the time but he wont say what it is. I guess im too damn white.

  4. #4
    Nismo's Avatar
    Nismo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    what does skee skee skee mean? I hear that shit on chappelle show all the time but he wont say what it is. I guess im too damn white.
    hahahaha I know that one. It means spouging all over the place. Kind like I skee skee skee on that chicks tits.

  5. #5
    Nismo's Avatar
    Nismo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Are you serious? If so...

    "Holla" can mean "I'll holler" which basically means "I'll see you later."

    "Off da chain" is a reference to something wild or "out of control" like something that "broke off of it's chain". Usually means something fun.

    "Dime" is a reference to the number 10, which is in itself a reference to the "10 scale" that is usually used when rating the attractiveness of a woman. 1 being so ugly you can't even bag it and a 10 being very, very attractive. This is, of course, a very subjective rating. One man's dime is another man's nickel.

    Where does this terminology come from??? Does it come from "Da Streets" or does some rapper guy make them up??? Kind like Fo'shizzle and booty-licouse

  6. #6
    Power40's Avatar
    Power40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    hahahaha I know that one. It means spouging all over the place. Kind like I skee skee skee on that chicks tits.
    Isn't it skeet? Like "I Skeeted in her throat."

  7. #7
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    ya man everyday i hear sumthin else and i just kinna go along w it like whatever man haha

  8. #8
    prealdeal's Avatar
    prealdeal is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    100
    u guys are killin me

  9. #9
    scriptfactory's Avatar
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    what does skee skee skee mean? I hear that shit on chappelle show all the time but he wont say what it is. I guess im too damn white.
    "Skeet" is slang for "the act of projectile ejaculation" usually associated with wild, random ejaculations on another person.

  10. #10
    scriptfactory's Avatar
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Where does this terminology come from??? Does it come from "Da Streets" or does some rapper guy make them up??? Kind like Fo'shizzle and booty-licouse
    These saying evolved from the streets, they are not the "-izzle" type, rapper invented sayings.

  11. #11
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    were is S.C he is good with all the slang shit.

  12. #12
    Mizfit's Avatar
    Mizfit is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    8,966
    street slang is specific to regions

  13. #13
    timvds's Avatar
    timvds is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    958
    wuddup man this thread is jacked up. what? you dont know a dime means a ten? as in 1-10 shes a dime? shit brah, holla!

  14. #14
    AnabolicAndre's Avatar
    AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pitt/New Jersey/No source
    Posts
    3,604
    I think it depends where your from, In pittsburg they say yinz, equivalent to y'all

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    were is S.C he is good with all the slang shit.
    No doubt, but all those sayings are archaic.

    ~SC~

  16. #16
    Nismo's Avatar
    Nismo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAndre
    I think it depends where your from, In pittsburg they say yinz, equivalent to y'all
    Well I have been from L.A. all my life. And I always hear this type of slang but I never knew why or where they originated from. Like who came up with the concept of "Holla"???? Was it that guy that sings "Holla back young'in woop woop" or was it that one white chick that sings "Holla Back Girl". Either way I think some of this lingo is really funny. Especially when you find old men saying "get out the way yo". Oh man!!!!!

  17. #17
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Well I have been from L.A. all my life. And I always hear this type of slang but I never knew why or where they originated from. Like who came up with the concept of "Holla"???? Was it that guy that sings "Holla back young'in woop woop" or was it that one white chick that sings "Holla Back Girl". Either way I think some of this lingo is really funny. Especially when you find old men saying "get out the way yo". Oh man!!!!!

    she saying im not a booty call, so dont call me i wont call u back, get it,

  18. #18
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    haha nismo

    Haven't you heard of the song "HollaBack Girl"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •