Flexor is offline Banned

Who thinks Christmas gets more crappy every year?

Every year its even worse IMO

Family you don't wanna see, the real bitch of having to buy presents, and receive ones you want to see burn in hell. Christmas is now just about public consumption of goods to try to increase growth so the govt meets its annual targets...

We only just put our tree up yesterday

Still, happy christmas!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I look at it as the birthday of Jesus and time to spend w/family and celebrating good times and another productive year.

The presents and token shit like that is only a small part of what it's about. Yeah, it does suck if you have a big family though.

~SC~

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I look at it as the birthday of Jesus and time to spend w/family

~SC~
    Likewise. The true meaning of Christmas has been lost in society, but as individuals we can all celebrate it our own way with a different emphasis...

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    never mate specially when you got kids!!all that matters is the look on their faces when they are openin their prezzies,i suppose when you get older its not so much for you but its for the children!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    never mate specially when you got kids!!all that matters is the look on their faces when they are openin their prezzies,i suppose when you get older its not so much for you but its for the children!!
    yeh i agree

Christmas was great being a kid, and I guess now I will look forward to when I have kids so I can enjoy christmas in a different way, then I will get back into the spirit of it...

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Likewise. The true meaning of Christmas has been lost in society, but as individuals we can all celebrate it our own way with a different emphasis...
    Uh, do you know the "true meaning" of Christmas. First of all, we don't know what day Christ was born but I'm willing to bet it wasn't at the end of December since he was born in a barn.

Second, around the year 354 some Catholic mofo decided to turn a pagan holiday called the Saturnalia, or "the Saturnian debauch", into Christmas. You see, on this day they had a feast, gave each other presents and had an bi-sexual orgy. The church just got rid of the orgy and Christians gradually added other pagan customs like the Christmas tree and other crap.

I would like to assume that Christians, and I am one, could choose a better day to celebrate his birth and not go against the teachings in the Bible by adopting pagan customs! I mean, really.

Bah humbug. I hate holidays... but have a merry fvcking Christmas.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I think it gets better every year!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife and I do not buy each other gifts for Christmas. We do buy a few things for our daughter but since she is almost 16 she just gets a few gift cards so she can go get her own stuff. If I want something I just go buy it anytime of the year why wait to get things on a holiday.

Christmas to us means the celebration of Christ not the giving of worthless gifts, spending money on people we don't see or want to see all year, moaning about long lines and how much everything costs. If you go to the mall, wal-mart or anywhere during the holiday people are miserable and they moan and complain about everything yet they charge up their CC's trying to out do everyone else.

Enjoy the Christmas holiday with family and friends. Take time to truly Cherish what you have and the important things in life.

I say Merry Christmas to each of you and I hope that 2006 brings you all great things for all.

Oldman

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Uh, do you know the "true meaning" of Christmas. First of all, we don't know what day Christ was born but I'm willing to bet it wasn't at the end of December since he was born in a barn.

Second, around the year 354 some Catholic mofo decided to turn a pagan holiday called the Saturnalia, or "the Saturnian debauch", into Christmas. You see, on this day they had a feast, gave each other presents and had an bi-sexual orgy. The church just got rid of the orgy and Christians gradually added other pagan customs like the Christmas tree and other crap.

I would like to assume that Christians, and I am one, could choose a better day to celebrate his birth and not go against the teachings in the Bible by adopting pagan customs! I mean, really.

Bah humbug. I hate holidays... but have a merry fvcking Christmas.
    I knew all that, yeh Jesus was meant to have been born three months later on our calender, or something like that. Bloody pagan festival, that goes for church on sundays too. SUNday, because the pagans worshipped the sun...

But anyway that is all the past, it doesn't really matter when we celebrate. What I hate is all the stupid presents and consumerite junk that has nothing to do with anything...

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    My wife and I do not buy each other gifts for Christmas. We do buy a few things for our daughter but since she is almost 16 she just gets a few gift cards so she can go get her own stuff. If I want something I just go buy it anytime of the year why wait to get things on a holiday.

Christmas to us means the celebration of Christ not the giving of worthless gifts, spending money on people we don't see or want to see all year, moaning about long lines and how much everything costs. If you go to the mall, wal-mart or anywhere during the holiday people are miserable and they moan and complain about everything yet they charge up their CC's trying to out do everyone else.

Enjoy the Christmas holiday with family and friends. Take time to truly Cherish what you have and the important things in life.

I say Merry Christmas to each of you and I hope that 2006 brings you all great things for all.

Oldman
    Awesome post, oldman!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman

Oldman
    Spoken by a man who clearly knows what its all about!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Awesome post, oldman!
    I 2nd that

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    We all know that Christmas isn't about giving gifts, its about celebrating the birth of our saviour ...Santa.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    We all know that Christmas isn't about giving gifts, its about celebrating the birth of our saviour ...Santa.
    Santa is the devil incarnate

Thread Information