Do u think Pro sports should be ashamed for advertising alcohol?

Discuss......

chest6 is offline Banned
    nope...men like sports..men like beer..combine the 2?

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I think alchohol should be illegal. Don't get me wrong, I like a drink as much as the next guy but, with all the shit thats illegal, I think alchohol should be too. as well as cigarettes. It would save some lives and maybe increase the health of citizens.
    Last edited by guest589745; 12-24-2005 at 04:01 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I think alchohol should be illegal. Don't get me wrong, I like a drink as much as the next guy but, with all the shit thats illegal, I think alchohol should be too. as well as cigarettes. It would save some lives and maybe incease the health of citizens.
    yupp..too much $$ involved. If steroids were that popular, they would be legal too.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yupp..too much $$ involved. If steroids were that popular, they would be legal too.

yea, exactly. Makes no sense.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yea the two go hand in hand, kinda like working out and diet

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    the only reason i would find that it would be bad, is that kids would see it and wanna drink. if a child starts to drink at a early age they are alot higher risk of alcoholism. but personlly i think its up to the parents to not let them drink and monitar them...

Captainutrition is offline Associate Member
    I think it is WRONG to an athelte and have anything to do with alchol, ecspecially advertisment.

Captainutrition is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainutrition
    I think it is WRONG to an athelte and have anything to do with alchol, ecspecially advertisment.
    Let me re-word that.

I think it is wrong to be an athlete and be a spokesman for alchol.................but as for having advertisment for alchol during a sporting event is fine. Most guys/gals who are watching those events are out of shape and are has-been athletes anyways.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Larry the Cable guy has a awesome bit about what Nascar would be like, if beer companies stopped sponcering.

What sounds better Bush series or Platex 500?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's a business. Pro sports being televised through the advertising of alcohol to all of the fat/drunk bastards who tune in to watch those events.

I don't see them switching to tampons soon, no.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    the only reason i would find that it would be bad, is that kids would see it and wanna drink. if a child starts to drink at a early age they are alot higher risk of alcoholism. but personlly i think its up to the parents to not let them drink and monitar them...
    yup ur right, all my friends that started drinking at 13 are now fvckin alcoholics

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    It brings alot of cash to the sports so I think it`s ok. In norway it`s not legal though. Not alcohol or cigs.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup ur right, all my friends that started drinking at 13 are now fvckin alcoholics
    Ive been drinking since i was 13 and i have months off from drinking all the time, it all depends on how impressionable you are and if you have an addictive personality. I can take or leave anything, other get addicted to everything, I dont think advertisements really affect anything, If youve got the addictive personality, you will end up an alcoholic whether you have your first drink at 13 or 30 and whether you have seen adverts for drink or not, just my 2 cents.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    It's buisness. If I had the money, I'm sure I could sponser a team with what ever product I wanted, as long as the product is legal.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont se any problem with it. I would rather ban fast food comercials if I had to ban something.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    Ive been drinking since i was 13 and i have months off from drinking all the time, it all depends on how impressionable you are and if you have an addictive personality. I can take or leave anything, other get addicted to everything, I dont think advertisements really affect anything, If youve got the addictive personality, you will end up an alcoholic whether you have your first drink at 13 or 30 and whether you have seen adverts for drink or not, just my 2 cents.
    i agree with u on saying that it depends on how addictive a persons personality is. cause i started drinkin in 6th grade smoked weed the same time and smoked butts. now i dont blaze rarely drink and smoke about 1 cig a week. but im just sayin that if a person is younger 13-16 and starts drinkin the likleyhood of becoming an acloholic is alot higher. i also dont agree with saying advertisments dont effect anything, if they didnt they wouldnt put millions of dollars into it..

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    i agree with u on saying that it depends on how addictive a persons personality is. cause i started drinkin in 6th grade smoked weed the same time and smoked butts. now i dont blaze rarely drink and smoke about 1 cig a week. but im just sayin that if a person is younger 13-16 and starts drinkin the likleyhood of becoming an acloholic is alot higher. i also dont agree with saying advertisments dont effect anything, if they didnt they wouldnt put millions of dollars into it..
    Yer that was a poor way of putting it on my part, basically i meant i dont think advertising will affect whether you become addicted to something or not, obvs itll increase the likelihood of you buying their products.

Thread Information