Fish is offline Junior Member

Best Conference in Div.I football?

Best-SEC
    Underrated-Big 12
    Overrated-Pac-10

All in my most humble opinion of course.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    SEC, they never win anything because the competition is too tough though. Miami may be the best team in the nation, but if they had to play Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, and of course LSU every year, although they are individually better than all these teams, they would not go undefeated. Just my take on it, Big 12 and Big 10 are also serious conferences though. The ACC is not (sorry Canes )

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Fish the Pac 10 overratted. Dude, I'm not flaming you, but WTF is that? I think the Pac 10 is the most underrated conference there is. We had a shitty couple of seasons, but look at howmany of the teams are in the tTop 25 year after year.

Of course this is JMO. And once again bro I am not flaming you. Just have to disagree with you.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    SEC is the toughest and until we get a playoff system we'll never get a chance to send 4 teams to the playoffs.

Fish is offline Junior Member
    Butch, If we all agree this board would not be too fun. I think the media gives the Pac-10 alittle too much credit. Hear me out here. I know you just leaped from your seat. They (Pac-10) and the western media is always crying about no respect thus the rest of the country "gives" it to them.("gives" meaning actually giving not earning) I'm not flaming the Pac -10 or you. JMO

Natural you are right. However, Keith Jackson is a dumbass! Never liked that guy. MAybe because he is a Bruin fan. But I do agree with you that the torch has been passed on. But yet, our fire has not been put out totally yet.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Pac 10 ain't bad but nothing to brag about. I think they get a bad rap cuz
    1, writers on the east coast don't stay up to watch the late games so they don't really rate the teams fairly
    2, strength of schedule is questionable

Nice observation Vegas. I never thought of it that way. The writers not staying up to watch the West Coast games.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Really, top to bottom (well maybe second from bottom.... vandy dont count) SEC is the toughest. You can lose on any given day. No other major conference can say that. Look at last year. The SEC champs LSU, lost 3 times and beat the BIg10 champion pretty good (UIUC). Two things show how good they are:

1) Spurrier (and other SEC coaches) actually wanted (want) a playoff. They feel it would be to thier advantage. Oppose this to Nebraska, Miami, Fla St. who want status quo cause they always usually thier conferencences and have a shot at the champioship

2) When Fla St was shopping for a conference they didnt choose the SEC cause it was too strong in all sportsm and the ACC was weak in football and strong in bball. Fla st is a football school and doesnt really care about bball

Thread Information