Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524

    I need some motivation...

    It feels like I have been cheating so much lately with crappy foods, although i bust my ass in the gym 5-6 days a week, i throw it all the way at night and eat badly. and i always feel guilty putting me into a depressed mood and feeling like i'll never accomplish my goal with bodybuilding, someone help me out!!

  2. #2
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    You want me to be nice or mean? Really man, get your shit together. You just stated you know what you are doing wrong and then do it anyway, no pity for how undisiplined you are. Get it together, if you're going to put all that time and dedication in the gym then do it outside as well. Don't just go through the motions and talk the talk, live it/breathe it. No more excuses.

    How was that for motivational? That's my nice version btw.

  3. #3
    Zapp's Avatar
    Zapp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    994
    Like IB said. You know what you're doing is making you feel bad so don't do it. There's nothing we can do or say to make you stop eating bad. You have to make your mind up to do that yourself. It's all about self discipline. That's what seperates the real bodybuilders from the wanabe bb's.
    Last edited by Zapp; 12-25-2005 at 10:56 PM.

  4. #4
    kaptainkeezy04's Avatar
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    It feels like I have been cheating so much lately with crappy foods, although i bust my ass in the gym 5-6 days a week, i throw it all the way at night and eat badly. and i always feel guilty putting me into a depressed mood and feeling like i'll never accomplish my goal with bodybuilding, someone help me out!!

    oh god i dont know if im supposed to be nice here or be a d!ck about it...hmmmmm...man you just suck right now! first off you are what you eat agreed? secondly getting depressed over shit aint gonna do you any good unless you are a fan of that one thing called CORTISOL which will only help you lose muscle and put on some fat. i dunno man just no sympathy...you know exactly what to do and you arent doing it...why cant you eat healthy? there are people out there that cant even afford to eat and people dying everday in africa from starvation so you better not be looking for sympathy here.

  5. #5
    onehundredk's Avatar
    onehundredk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gym
    Posts
    673
    just like everyone said. mean or nice...its mean...cuz nice jolly isnt gonna get the picture to you...think of this for motavation....do i want to waste all that money not to get the best results...or results at all...if you kno before you eat a shitty meal. DONT, tell yourself, "yo dont put that shit in your mouth, youll **** yourself up"....thats what i do. haha

  6. #6
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    nah dude i want you guys to be mean this is just what i need, i've been good for a while, but the past few days have been a downward spiral for me... starting tomorrow, im gonna see how long i can go without cheating.

  7. #7
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    do you want to look like this? Asking for more fries?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need some motivation...-mcd_fat.jpg  

  8. #8
    Anabolios's Avatar
    Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,605
    what kind of bad eating are you referring to? not enough cals? too many sh!tty cals? mcdonalds and snickers bars?!

  9. #9
    fully_paully's Avatar
    fully_paully is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    230
    I think everytime u eat shitty food u should have someone that back hands u, fart in ur face then slaps ur penis as hard as they can with a metal ruler ?

  10. #10
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    I think you are trying to stay too strict. You have got to let yourself cheat every once in a while. It is the constant bingeing that will get you. I eat clean Mon-Fri and then cheat a bit on the weekend, nothing drastic but if I feel I need something sweet I will eat it. Do what it takes to stay on track, a cheat day is a must unless you're dieting for a comp.

  11. #11
    fully_paully's Avatar
    fully_paully is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    230
    with me....because of eating good foods all the time like no lollies or fast food etc... wen it comes to eating food thats junk my body rejects it and i usally get sick like get a head ache,, i get light headed and end up gettin really tired. thats how my body is anyways its good in a way cause it stops me from eating shit food

  12. #12
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by fully_paully
    i get light headed

    We know, we've read your threads.

  13. #13
    Anna Bollick's Avatar
    Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Rampart, Girlfriend!
    Posts
    629
    Okay, if you don't add an inch to your chest and a half to your biceps this year, I will come screw you until you squeal like a whole chorus of pigs being slaughtered. NOW do you feel motivated?

    Love
    Anna

  14. #14
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    It feels like I have been cheating so much lately with crappy foods, although i bust my ass in the gym 5-6 days a week, i throw it all the way at night and eat badly. and i always feel guilty putting me into a depressed mood and feeling like i'll never accomplish my goal with bodybuilding, someone help me out!!

    Keep cheatin and Ima Fvck you up

  15. #15
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    what kind of bad eating are you referring to? not enough cals? too many sh!tty cals? mcdonalds and snickers bars?!
    like, maybe some cookies lying around my roomates buy or like, something stupid little fat-person snack food. i dont touch fast food junk or candy like that

  16. #16
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I had a prob. with this when I finished shows and began to do shoots, take pics for my site, etc. When I have a definitive date for a show or an event in which I KNOW I have to look my best, then the "night eating" is not a problem for me because I zone out. My personality changes so much that I am not fun to be around, but I have to change or else I'm eating and being the "normal" Chris, not the product "SwoleCat" that I want to produce.

    Even up to recently, I can diet extremely easy all day, eat only what I need and drink water like mad, etc., and it's no issue at all. Seems that once the sun goes down, something else happens. I'll go to sleep, then wake up to pee and the next thing you know I'm on my 2nd bowl of Peanut Butter Cookie Crisp or some whack shit like that.

    It leads to depression because it's a cycle. You say, "I'm gonna start tomorrow for real beacuse I can't do this shit anymore", and you feel better kind of. Then, you screw up again, make a new start date, and do it again. You continually do this over and over to the point where you aren't getting fat (because you are on point all day w/diet and exercise) but you aren't getting cut either (because you are then gorging at night nullifying all of the hard work you have done that day).

    For me, it's similar to anorexia as far as the mental thing and it being depressing goes. If I can only eat what I need to and not cheat at night, it feels great!!!! When I cheat and gorge and say "I'll do double cardio tomorrow to make up for this", I start to question my dedication and if I can do this anymore.

    The ONLY thing that helps me, is having a DEFINITIVE goal. There has to be a date set in which I know a lot of other people will be seeing me, and I have to know exactly what that date is. If I don't, and I just cutting to get lean and I don't have an exact date of when I need to be ripped, then I fall of w/out a doubt because you really don't have anyone else to impress, and you also don't have to impress yourself because you KNOW how you look when you are ripped.

    So, I've tried to book/make actual dates so that I have a definitive goal. W/out a goal to reach for, there are just too many exits on that highway to rippedness.

    ~SC~

  17. #17
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I had a prob. with this when I finished shows and began to do shoots, take pics for my site, etc. When I have a definitive date for a show or an event in which I KNOW I have to look my best, then the "night eating" is not a problem for me because I zone out. My personality changes so much that I am not fun to be around, but I have to change or else I'm eating and being the "normal" Chris, not the product "SwoleCat" that I want to produce.

    Even up to recently, I can diet extremely easy all day, eat only what I need and drink water like mad, etc., and it's no issue at all. Seems that once the sun goes down, something else happens. I'll go to sleep, then wake up to pee and the next thing you know I'm on my 2nd bowl of Peanut Butter Cookie Crisp or some whack shit like that.

    It leads to depression because it's a cycle. You say, "I'm gonna start tomorrow for real beacuse I can't do this shit anymore", and you feel better kind of. Then, you screw up again, make a new start date, and do it again. You continually do this over and over to the point where you aren't getting fat (because you are on point all day w/diet and exercise) but you aren't getting cut either (because you are then gorging at night nullifying all of the hard work you have done that day).

    For me, it's similar to anorexia as far as the mental thing and it being depressing goes. If I can only eat what I need to and not cheat at night, it feels great!!!! When I cheat and gorge and say "I'll do double cardio tomorrow to make up for this", I start to question my dedication and if I can do this anymore.

    The ONLY thing that helps me, is having a DEFINITIVE goal. There has to be a date set in which I know a lot of other people will be seeing me, and I have to know exactly what that date is. If I don't, and I just cutting to get lean and I don't have an exact date of when I need to be ripped, then I fall of w/out a doubt because you really don't have anyone else to impress, and you also don't have to impress yourself because you KNOW how you look when you are ripped.

    So, I've tried to book/make actual dates so that I have a definitive goal. W/out a goal to reach for, there are just too many exits on that highway to rippedness.

    ~SC~

    good post

  18. #18
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    Okay, if you don't add an inch to your chest and a half to your biceps this year, I will come screw you until you squeal like a whole chorus of pigs being slaughtered. NOW do you feel motivated?

    Love
    Anna
    Now THAT is motivating!

    Good examples SC.

  19. #19
    Booz's Avatar
    Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    E London,no SOURCES given
    Posts
    14,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    Okay, if you don't add an inch to your chest and a half to your biceps this year, I will come screw you until you squeal like a whole chorus of pigs being slaughtered. NOW do you feel motivated?

    Love
    Anna
    LMAO!!
    only you could say that!!!

  20. #20
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    oh man that is some crazy motivation right there.

  21. #21
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    great post Swole Cat. my goal by the end of summer, which will be Aug 25th for me, for long term is to have under 12% bodyfat and bench 275. and my short term goal, at the end of January is to not cheat!!
    i'll have the ultimate test when i get back to college and have to go to the Res Cafe everyday and see all that fatty foods calling my name, but i'll resist.

    and it nots like this is an everyday occurance guys give me some credit!! it's only been like, a week, and it's mainly because of the holiday's and the bad mood i've been in because of them!

  22. #22
    cfiler's Avatar
    cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Training my ninja Degu
    Posts
    7,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    Okay, if you don't add an inch to your chest and a half to your biceps this year, I will come screw you until you squeal like a whole chorus of pigs being slaughtered. NOW do you feel motivated?

    Love
    Anna

    Oreo cookies at night $1.50
    Bag of chips at night $1.00
    Being motivated to bust your ass in the gym,
    due to the threat of man-love. Priceless

    Somethings money can buy, for everything else there is Anna.

  23. #23
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    For some reason Anna's picture and a chorus of pigs go together in a weird way.

    ~SC~

  24. #24
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    damn great post swole..good examples. I am very similar..at night that PB tempts me wayyyy too much and I consistently will go more than 2 tablespoons..I really shouldn't be touching it at all.

  25. #25
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    Fat ppl crack me up. Gotta love em.

  26. #26
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Fat ppl crack me up. Gotta love em.
    well im gonna change that!!

  27. #27
    kaptainkeezy04's Avatar
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    and my short term goal, at the end of January is to not cheat!!
    truly aint nothing wrong with a cheat day once a week or once every 2 weeks in your case.

  28. #28
    Machdiesel's Avatar
    Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,108
    I eat because im unhapp.....
    And im unhappy because i eat......
    lol i have the same shit, sounds SO OBVIOUS!! but just dont buy shitty foods. i LOVE ICE CREAM, and if its in the freazer, im gonna eat it, no doubt, **** the motivation, **** all that, when its staring you in the face its that much harder. ALso i notice if i pre cook meals its easier, cause instead of being like god damm i gotta cook, then clean the mess i made, then eat, blah blah blah im mor elikely to just eat a bowl of ceareal cause its easier. just make it AS EASY AS POSSIBLE on urself

  29. #29
    TantruM is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    do you want to look like this? Asking for more fries?

    these kids parents should be put in jail

  30. #30
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    Quote Originally Posted by TantruM
    these kids parents should be put in jail
    I totally agree.

  31. #31
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    i think im gonna go with a lower carb diet for the month of January... does anyone have decent meal plans for a low carb diet....

  32. #32
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    There are so many recipes and such on the net, it's nuts.

    Just type "low carb meal ideas" into Google.

    ~SC~

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •