I've ****ing had it w/ Golds gym!!!!!!!!!

Cant really go anyplace else b/ I'm locked in this contract, but this place just sucks. I'm so ****ing tired of these 130lb pencil neck dipshits walking up to me and telling me I cant drop the db's or slam the weights. Now, just to clear it up for you fellas, I'm not one of these guys who grunts and slams shit around to say"hey everyone ,look at me" When I'm slamming shit it's b/ its serious weight, and letting it down easy as pie risks injury. Like a deadlift, bent over row, squats,etc. Well tonight I had a shoulder workout. I was using the 110 lb. db's on some seated military presses. Not huge,huge weight, but alot more than anybody there does for shoulders usually. It wasnt like I was dropping them from the top of the movement, I droppd them from a seated waist level to the floor, which is ****ing padded anyways for this!!!!! Of course they are going to make some noise, they are 110's!!!!! So this dipshit comes walking over, here we go. I'm usually very cooperative w/ them, but tonight I had just had enough. "Hey fella" he says. I say "What!!!" he say's "Can u please refrain from slamming the weights down?" I let out a pissed off sigh and reply "What kind of weight do you use on this exercise?" he tells me that he knows where I'm coming from but it's company policy and all this horse shit. I said to him "This place has become a joke, it's become nothing but pansy catered to people who dont even want to work out in the first place." I've just had it w/ this ****ing place. I had to almost pull my buddy off a guy one night, the guy told him he couldnt grunt. My freind does not grunt loud, and it just so happened he was hack squatting a shitload of weight, and this guy is trying to go pro w/in the next year or two. **** Golds, I'm tempted to pay for 2 memberships at the same time just so I can get out of that place.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    i know thats ghey and all......but weights cost around 1.49/lb.....so one broken 110lb would cost them bout $160...lot more than your worth to them(in the short run) just try to drop it at an angle that shows the least sound..

but seriously though, golds is pretty pansy

Nismo is offline Member
    That freaking sucks. I don't know whats up with some Gold's gym around the U.S. but in SoCal only heavy hitters go there. Of course if your a twig you can get a membership but you will be out of place, but ever since I moved to NC it seems that every snot nose kid goes to Gold's Gym and swear there hot shit. I know what you mean man, just stick it out untill your contract is over then find a independent gym to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    i know thats ghey and all......but weights cost around 1.49/lb.....so one broken 110lb would cost them bout $160...lot more than your worth to them(in the short run) just try to drop it at an angle that shows the least sound..

They're not that fragile, and the Golds around here charges a bullshit gym improvement fee to everybody once evey 6 months or something, only thing I ever see are more TV's

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow that sucks. we throw the weights around at our gym lol

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    ...just stick it out until your contract is over then find a independent gym to go to.
    Agreed. Especially if your buddy wants to go pro.
    You need to find one of those hole in the wall sweat and blood places.

Good Luck Bro

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    <~~~~~~left Golds a while back, there emplyees suck, and there rates suck

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha some guy brought me pads to put under the weights when I did deadlifts and bent over rows. He would be like "sir, please do not slam the weights". Im like "hey..whens the last time you did bent over rows with 335 for 8 jackass?. Now i spread my chalk all over the plac

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    haha some guy brought me pads to put under the weights when I did deadlifts and bent over rows. He would be like "sir, please do not slam the weights". Im like "hey..whens the last time you did bent over rows with 335 for 8 jackass?. Now i spread my chalk all over the plac

Wow, 335/8 is very impressive for bent over rows

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    335? I only do four plates, and I thought I was heavy duty!

But yeah, get out of there. Complain to THE manager, not a lackey. Tell him you are totally dissatisfied and that it is their fault, since you have every expectation of being able to train as heavy as you want. If that doesn't work, complain to their corporate headquarters. Maybe you can get a partial refund. Then buy your own equipment. You can start out easy, just a simple flat bench, olympic dumbbell handles, and some loose plates. With straps, you can still do fairly heavy squats and deads and stuff. 6 25ers fit pretty well on a handle, and the handles are 15 lbs including solid collars. That is enough for all but the hardcorest guys, if you use any kind of decent form at all. Then maybe buy hex dumbbells in the sizes you use the most, like for curls or french press or laterals or arnolds. When you have more bucks, get a power cage, and olympic bar, and a few 45 pound plates, and you have your gym. It never wears out. If you just pay $50/month to your old gym, in a year's time you have paid for a lot of iron. If something happens and you can't or won't train anymore, you can sell the plates, handles, and bar for not much less than you paid for them. Or pass it all on to a grandkid.

Training at home allows you to train naked. It allows you to train on benches where only your own sweat and spit have been. It allows you to even answer a post or an email between sets. It allows you to train whenever you want, without worrying about opening hours at the gym. No looky-loos or chatterboxes to disturb you. No hostile staff to harass you for frightening the sissies. Lots of good reasons to train at home.

Love
    Anna

335? I only do four plates, and I thought I was heavy duty!

But yeah, get out of there. Complain to THE manager, not a lackey. Tell him you are totally dissatisfied and that it is their fault, since you have every expectation of being able to train as heavy as you want. If that doesn't work, complain to their corporate headquarters. Maybe you can get a partial refund. Then buy your own equipment. You can start out easy, just a simple flat bench, olympic dumbbell handles, and some loose plates. With straps, you can still do fairly heavy squats and deads and stuff. 6 25ers fit pretty well on a handle, and the handles are 15 lbs including solid collars. That is enough for all but the hardcorest guys, if you use any kind of decent form at all. Then maybe buy hex dumbbells in the sizes you use the most, like for curls or french press or laterals or arnolds. When you have more bucks, get a power cage, and olympic bar, and a few 45 pound plates, and you have your gym. It never wears out. If you just pay $50/month to your old gym, in a year's time you have paid for a lot of iron. If something happens and you can't or won't train anymore, you can sell the plates, handles, and bar for not much less than you paid for them. Or pass it all on to a grandkid.

Training at home allows you to train naked. It allows you to train on benches where only your own sweat and spit have been. It allows you to even answer a post or an email between sets. It allows you to train whenever you want, without worrying about opening hours at the gym. No looky-loos or chatterboxes to disturb you. No hostile staff to harass you for frightening the sissies. Lots of good reasons to train at home.

Love
    Anna

prealdeal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909

dude I would hate 2 have u shop 4 me where I'm sitting from dum bells are like .50 cent a pound but thats besides the point he drop from the sitting spot and he did say 110s you should have told him to pick them and try setting them down with out making any noise !!!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Wow, 335/8 is very impressive for bent over rows
    thanks man, but your back still looks 200 times better than mine

onehundredk is offline Member
    haha i go to golds too, when i first became a member it was kinda crappy owndership...now 4-5 months later new ownership and the place has gotten really bad. even the previous EMPLOYEES agree...i slam weight down too, im not that big, but when im doing 115lbs dumbells for bench, last rep, you cant just set em back down, end up with sprained wrists, thatd be a good lawsuit..they say you cant slam the weights, and give you a hardtime, so you dont, sprain your wrist, and sue em for not putting 2" padding under the benches for "dumbell insurance" i cant wait to go back to 24hr...
    Last edited by onehundredk; 12-23-2005 at 03:18 AM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup im at 24 hour for the time being..like 3 more weeks

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6

thats pretty good

my best is 345lbs for 4 reps - form was a little sloppy
    and trust me i grunt like a bastard when i use that sort of weight and NO One gives a shit

i dropped a 330lbs barbell on the floor the other day - i got stuck on my last rep of squats and had to drop it. actually i did get a complaint from that but the manager thought it was funny

the whole gym stopped what they were doin and looked at me, had to be done though

HULKBOY is offline Member
    OMG i just left the gym (GOLDS) and i have to say im gettin fed up w/them too.. today this dumb shit small ass (new) employee came up to me and was like im ****in pissed yall need to learn to rack the plates when your done and was like cussin me out an stuff... well im a nice guy and am very mild tempered but this ass clown made me lose it and i was like hold the phone here hoss (i called him that cause he was so small and it made me laugh to call him that) but i was like wo there hoss i just got here and this is my first set so obviously i couldnt have made that mess. then i said why dont you go take a cold shower too get rid of your powertrip hard on..also the guy who i was workin out with works there in the evenings and he was the one that made the mess before i got there... well being that he is in his 50s and has seniority over the little prick he set that boy sraight..needless to say i dont think that shit head will be havin a job there anymore..stupid shit shoulda known who works at the place before he goes cussin members out when its his job to clean that shit in the first place......

timvds is offline Member
    I pay 22 bucks. No fringes or anything, but it definately gets the job done.
    Last edited by timvds; 12-23-2005 at 02:54 PM.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    I would have told him to go **** himself in the ass with a pitchfork.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    I love my gym, all weights and cardio, best shit in the state 22 a month open 24 hours a day mon-fri till 9 sat and 6 sun. No basketball court with master p dropping his gat, no stinky ass swiming pool and wrinkled up old ****ers walking around naked in the locker room with their ballsacks dragging on the floor.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Cant really go anyplace else b/ I'm locked in this contract, but this place just sucks. I'm so ****ing tired of these 130lb pencil neck dipshits walking up to me and telling me I cant drop the db's or slam the weights. Now, just to clear it up for you fellas, I'm not one of these guys who grunts and slams shit around to say"hey everyone ,look at me" When I'm slamming shit it's b/ its serious weight, and letting it down easy as pie risks injury. Like a deadlift, bent over row, squats,etc. Well tonight I had a shoulder workout. I was using the 110 lb. db's on some seated military presses. Not huge,huge weight, but alot more than anybody there does for shoulders usually. It wasnt like I was dropping them from the top of the movement, I droppd them from a seated waist level to the floor, which is ****ing padded anyways for this!!!!! Of course they are going to make some noise, they are 110's!!!!! So this dipshit comes walking over, here we go. I'm usually very cooperative w/ them, but tonight I had just had enough. "Hey fella" he says. I say "What!!!" he say's "Can u please refrain from slamming the weights down?" I let out a pissed off sigh and reply "What kind of weight do you use on this exercise?" he tells me that he knows where I'm coming from but it's company policy and all this horse shit. I said to him "This place has become a joke, it's become nothing but pansy catered to people who dont even want to work out in the first place." I've just had it w/ this ****ing place. I had to almost pull my buddy off a guy one night, the guy told him he couldnt grunt. My freind does not grunt loud, and it just so happened he was hack squatting a shitload of weight, and this guy is trying to go pro w/in the next year or two. **** Golds, I'm tempted to pay for 2 memberships at the same time just so I can get out of that place.
    rofl. that's ghey. What are you suppose to do when you're doing 110 db seated presses, lay them down really gentle? hahahahah

Nex time tell him to **** off and call him pencil dick.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Stacked, do as I do.

Get 3 memberships at 3 diff gyms. Than you can use them all for different purposes. I use one as my cardio place to pick up chicks, the other as a hardcore gym to get my workouts in and drop fukin weights as I please, and the other cuz I take some classes there and it's free plus I meet college girlies
    Last edited by Smak; 12-23-2005 at 04:12 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The Gold's I go to is cool.

We throw shit around there like it's domestic violence.

~SC~

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

We throw shit around there like it's domestic violence.

~SC~
    @ SC's hilarious similes.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    I sure would love to find an independently owned gym around here in Austin that isn't too crowded..

checked everywhere and seems like I am stuck with one of the 10 sucky gold's around here...

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    There's a bunch of sissy ass bitches running the Golds where I train. A$$ HOLES!!!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ****ing golds sux dog nuts. ive been going there for a couple years now. i think theyve had 4 different managment teams. sometimes the lights dont work in one area, ac is broken, radio is stuck on some mix station, water fountains dont have cold water. aside from that they have got a ton of new machines which i love. they repainted everything it greatly improves the look but the trainers are still dooshbags.

decadbal is offline Banned
    110lb DBs... bro u need to come here and workout with me, other than me, i havnt seen anyone use those.. come on... move

chest6 is offline Banned
    Man..Id never put down the 110s gently and fvckin pull something. Those things are getting dropped/.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Tell them you have a heart condition and your doctor says you can work out anymore they will let you out of your contract because they dont want to mess with a possible condition that is as serious as that.

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    the golds were i live is all big roid head dudes so...dropping wieghts is the only way to go.. if u dont have to drop that weight than u just dont belong at golds.....

i was working out at another gym other than golds and there was a girl getting trained right beside.. and since i was there alone i was kinda listening to her conversation with the trainer... and shes said to the trainer that she wanted do the rest of her workout in the seperate training area for the pt's.. the trainer asked why and she said because she doesnt how there are so many big bodybuilder guys in the gym.she felt uncomfortable to workout...wtf man its a f****in gym,, thats what its for, to get big...damn that pissed me off...but i dont think that her complaints are gonna go fare just because the head pt is the biggest roid head ive seen in while...lol.. damn little people

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Tell them you have a heart condition and your doctor says you can work out anymore they will let you out of your contract because they dont want to mess with a possible condition that is as serious as that.
    that would make them shutup..the possible lawsuit

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    I bought everything I need over time and now have a complete gym in my basement including a tanning bed. I and my 15 yr old son use it everyday. Nobody coming up and asking stupid questions, no waiting for shit, open 24hrs, no spandex. Most of my equipment I got pretty cheap from people who buy top of the line shit and then sell it a year later.

I don't drop them, usually. Bring your elbows in to your sides, straighten them slightly to put the welght over your hipbones, and sit up. The dummies sort of lever themsoelves into a position end-down on your quads. From that point, just let then go down beside your hips as you stand up from the bench. I have done some rather large-ish dumbbells that way. Try it with something small first, say half of that weight, and work up. You will get the hang of it in no time.

Probably half the gyms I am banned from is because of dumping weights. This is pretty common. The one gym where I could not possibly ever be banned, well, I do try not to wear out my welcome, even there. I train at home, mostly, and I have some special pads made out of three layers of gym mat and two layers of carpet, in case I just lose it and have to dump iron. (The neighbors downstairs can be real poindexters about plaster falling into their food at the dining table and stuff)

Love
    Anna

Love
    Anna

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    gold's is OK. i just hate it when guys use the curling rack for squats

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    man i have had the same problems. i got in a fight with a golds trainer for deadlifting off the floor, i had on 500lbs abd did it for five, guy said it was too much weight, i was bending the bar and making too much noise, and i was grunting, and also, chalk wasn't allowed, so i said o.k., guy turned around, walked away , i did another set, said something to me again, i said ok, last set i am done. but i lied and did another one exept this time on thelast rep i droped the weight from my waste so it bounced off the floor. now this made alot of noise. theguycame back screaming at me and i told him to **** off, i did this every deadlift workout form there on out and told those fck's they could throw me out whenever they wanted to, but i was going to lift the same, stand your ground, and if they do throw you out, trust me they are doing you a favor, those gyms suck!
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 12-27-2005 at 05:16 PM.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    LOL, i feel your pain. my Physical Therapy clinic was in a commercial gym so sometimes i had to work out there. it was kind of fun sometimes - the other places i train were pretty hardcore, so i felt like some kind of hercules/godzilla/king kong among the pencilnecks at the commercial gym. walking up to every silly machine they had, putting the pin to the bottom, and moving the entire stack, just to try to get a workout do they make those machines in "Man Size"? how would the real monsters even get a pump?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    LOL, i feel your pain. my Physical Therapy clinic was in a commercial gym so sometimes i had to work out there. it was kind of fun sometimes - the other places i train were pretty hardcore, so i felt like some kind of hercules/godzilla/king kong among the pencilnecks at the commercial gym. walking up to every silly machine they had, putting the pin to the bottom, and moving the entire stack, just to try to get a workout do they make those machines in "Man Size"? how would the real monsters even get a pump?
    i used to have a chiro clinic in a gymlike that, i lifted in there like an animal and got such dirty looks from the patrons, but the owners were really cool with me nd didn't care, by the time i left that place, i had a following of people who never new to lift any other way besides the comercial gym way,made me feel good that i showed a few others the ropes on how you can lift

Well, I think that the more experienced guys who are out to get really big just dont wanna **** with wasting energy setting shit down in a gentle manner. It's got nothing to do with trying to be a badass, we just need all the strength we can get for the lift ,not "placing them down." I can see it being a little obscene dropping a 110db from the top of a shoulder press to the ground, but from 6 inches above the floor, thats ****ing ridiculous to get on someones shit b/ of it.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I would go from 0-pissed off if some dick gave me shit over something like that.

Thats ridiculous.

Thread Information