BeerBaron is offline Senior Member

College students, what do you do for...

meals in between classes? I take a small cooler, throw some cold packs in, and usually take stuff that fits in tuperware like tuna, cottage cheese, a shake, and sometimes beef jerky and nuts. Just trying to get some ideas out there because there are a lot of college students on this board, so lets hear your meal plans for school days.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    most convienient way is to schedule classes in smaller time segments and more days. ex.. go 5 days a week with only one class a day, instead of twice a week for 8 hours. may not be possible in ur case, but that way u might have 2 hour class and eat right before then eat after, and u dont gotta spend time packing lunch and getting things together. i use to go to school twice a week for about 9 hours, that got really old after a while though, long day and never could pack enough food. new schedule is much easier.

I had a similar schedule last semester actually. I prefer to have my classes grouped though, school is a good 45 minute drive one way.

FROST is offline Associate Member
    I lose weight every semester because i cannot eat enough . Fact is i just cannot afford to eat as much as i should when i am in school. I dont have that much time to work etc.

Frost

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a duffel bag filled with tupperware containers... each one containing brown rice and tuna...

i take 4 or 5 of those.. cus im at school all day.. 5 days per week.

If i train at school i take a frozen PWO shake... By the time i finish training it's thawed.. but still cold.

This semester i'll hve my duffel bag AND a cooler... hopefully this'll aide me in adding that extra 30 lbs that i plan to have by May 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I have a duffel bag filled with tupperware containers... each one containing brown rice and tuna...

i take 4 or 5 of those.. cus im at school all day.. 5 days per week.

If i train at school i take a frozen PWO shake... By the time i finish training it's thawed.. but still cold.

This semester i'll hve my duffel bag AND a cooler... hopefully this'll aide me in adding that extra 30 lbs that i plan to have by May 1st
    Interesting idea with the frozen shake, I'll have to experiment with that one. You ever eat in class nark, or just in between? You must be taking a lot of credits to fully fill up 5 days, good for you.

Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member
    i mix brown rice and ground turkey flavored with taco seasoning and tabasco, 50 grams pro, 70 carbs,4 grams fat. i can even eat it cold. i usually do this for work ,i live on campus, and i have scheduled my workout and mealtime into my classes. does that mean i am obsessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmya73
    i mix brown rice and ground turkey flavored with taco seasoning and tabasco, 50 grams pro, 70 carbs,4 grams fat. i can even eat it cold. i usually do this for work ,i live on campus, and i have scheduled my workout and mealtime into my classes. does that mean i am obsessed?
    Damn, you're a real trooper eating that stuff cold. And no it doesn't mean your obsessed, it means you've got your priorities straight

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I have planned my classes around my meals but I do have to eat a couple between or right after class. I just take my chicken and brown rice and a bottle of oil with my and boom. Or I do the same with whey in a plastic bag.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I have planned my classes around my meals but I do have to eat a couple between or right after class. I just take my chicken and brown rice and a bottle of oil with my and boom. Or I do the same with whey in a plastic bag.
    haha i did that too. Now I have no overlapping classes like last semester (3 in a row). Last semester I didnt become paranoid about eating until I started cutting anyway.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    haha i did that too. Now I have no overlapping classes like last semester (3 in a row). Last semester I didnt become paranoid about eating until I started cutting anyway.
    its great cuz I go to sleep the same time and wake up at 8 every night although the meal times are a little diffrent it's way easier than last semester

chest6 is offline Banned
    yep but this semester i can go back to my room and eat every meal

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I bring a cooler with tuna and my Tbsp of F/F mayo. Along with that I bring a whey and natty peanut butter shake. Also, I carry my signature blue water jug. I have gotten sh*t about my blue water jug many times, but I don't mind. That sh*t holds a half gallon of water, and keeps it uber cold all day. Additionally, I have a meal before I leave to school.
    If I am training at school, I will bring a container with just my 50g of whey and 100g of dex. I add the water when I am about to drink the pwo.

I have two classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This makes it very convenient, b/c they are back to back, and 75 minutes long.

On a side note, I also bring toothpaste/brush. I can't have tuna breath, or peanut butter mouth for that matter.

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha i can see keyser brushin his teeth in the bathroom

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Great thread. Bump.
    Have a friend who is 16 and losing weight. She doesn't want to she just is. Not even working out. I told her to eat nuts in between classes. Hopefully, she'll have some cool teachers that let her eat nuts in classes. I'm going to email a link to this thread. Maybe it will help her out and give her some ideas. She sounds hyperglycymic or how ever you spell it. Could she bring a doctors note that would let her eat brown rice and tuna/ground turkey/chicken in class?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    haha i can see keyser brushin his teeth in the bathroom
    You know it.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i just eat my text books

lmao

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I take a bookbag with food.. LOL.. chicken and rice etc.. protein shakes, oatmeal

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I bought the biggest coffee thermos I could find at Meijer's, and I fill it up with cold cooked ground beef. And I just throw it in my bag and I guess kinda pour it into my mouth for my meals. Thermos holds probably close to 2 lbs of beef or so, enough to get 2 solid meals in.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I bought the biggest coffee thermos I could find at Meijer's, and I fill it up with cold cooked ground beef. And I just throw it in my bag and I guess kinda pour it into my mouth for my meals. Thermos holds probably close to 2 lbs of beef or so, enough to get 2 solid meals in.
    I don't know what I'd do if I saw someone pouring out meat from a thermo mug. Probably some combination of laughing and throwing up.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    trying to think of things myself. I usualy rely on whey shakes at uni. Il start brining tuna sallads now that cutting starts. We have microwaves everywhere at my uni so I can pretty much bring anything and heat it at a moments notice.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    luckly my schedual is amazing, and i do not have any classes that exceed over 2 hours between a 1 or 2 hour break in between so i dont need to worry about being away from my dorm room for more than 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian

very smart idea but sounds kind of gross. How do you clean that thermos properly??

I guess tuna shakes would work aswell at breaks. But I guess everyone would puke either at the sight of me drinking one or because of the tuna mustache it leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    because of the tuna mustache it leaves.
    Thats some funny imagery right there.

funny until you smell your upper lip

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I guess tuna shakes would work aswell at breaks. But I guess everyone would puke either at the sight of me drinking one or because of the tuna mustache it leaves.
    Hahahaha, I haven't had one of those in a while. I gotta jot that down now that I'm going to start cutting.

I take muscle milk with me instead of just weigh pro. Mainly because it has a little fat in it.

Thread Information