EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Question How has education changed your opinion of steroids?

I think most of us are initially taught to believe that anything illegal is bad, but how has learning about steroids changed your opinion of them?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I never thought badly of steroids , but the more I learn about them and how to use them wisely the less I think that the media hype & government making them illegal makes sense.

I believe they are Schedule III drugs in the USA--the same as Methamphetimine. I have seen meth totally destroy people--I can't say the same for steroids. Equating them in the eyes of the law is just ridiculous.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajax
    [B]I never thought badly of steroids , but the more I learn about them and how to use them wisely

I completely agree with this statement. I honestly believe that you can use steroids safely with little or no sides as long as you do not abuse them, and take many preventative measures.

These preventatives would include prostate, liver, kidney, hair, gyno, and testicular.

This may sound like a lot to some, but in my opinion its better to be safe than sorry, and it outways the negative sideeffects.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Previously I thought it was the worst thing possible to use, I bought medias bullshit. Here in sweden the medias makes it look worse then heroine, cocain and all the other drugs.

But now I realise that it is safe to use responsibly.

nyteen27 is offline Junior Member
    Its true AR helped me to learn alot about AS.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Before i would have never even thought of doing them, i was even afraid of needles, i even started the thread"Can i just do an all oral cycle?" boy did i ever regret that. Now i have learned the safe way of doing them aqurate doses what to take when coming of and so on. Now i feel more educated about them and with the help of my AR brothers and sisters i'm waiting for my cycle to arrive i even have clomid and nolva before i even have the AS, hows that for planning?
    Thanks to everyone on this board the best one on the net by far.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Before I got into bb, I never really understood AS. I followed the uneducated opinion of AS being really damaging and illegal. Since joining AS and bb, I have a completely different view.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Education and wisdom can change anyones opinions just that some people choose to believe in the media hype rather than take a little time to research what they believe is so bad for them.

I have never viewed AAS in a negative light simply for the fact that I knew countries like Russia gave their population D-bol when people were mal-nurished.

As for sides all drugs have sides even asprin which is OTC so I viewed steroids as no different.To me they are in the same league as alcohol and ciggies.

Being on AR has helped me learn more without a doubt but it has never changed my view on them.They are safe to use if you do not abuse them.

Lil D is offline Junior Member
    Education has made me smarter about steriods in general, how to create cycles, and which work better together. If you are a dumbass steriods will be dangerous but if you do your homework then they are safe.

LABoy is offline New Member
    The criminilization of steroid possesion by the US and other foreign goverments, and the sensationalization of steroid usage by the media has contributed to the negative views that the majority of the uneducated population holds.
    My opinions of steroids have always been neutral. I believe that what you put into your body is your own business. In order for me to acheive my personal physical goals I have made the decision, after much research to use AAS. I find that it is easier to share the opnions of the masses than it is to have an educated opinion of your own.

Shoot high
    LAB

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Well I never had a real bad opinion of AS.... I have come to understand them alot better through AR.

I have tried Meth, Ice, Datura, Herion, Cocaine, Weed, E's, Acid, Nexus... mmm I think that is about it. AND I AGREE gear has nothing on them. Gear never used to be a big deal to obtain or possess in Australia. But in recent years... due to law changes it has become harder to obtain...and a lot more $$$ expensive... Australian gear is just not viable to buy compared to OS prices... you just have to have the balls to bring it in. Which most don't.

It is sad that not so many share such a sound opinion of gear.

MEdia... and the goverment They have a lot more to answer for than they would like to admit.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    People by instinct fear that which they do not understand and/or know anything about. Thus most fear steroids because they do not know exactly what they are and how they are used.

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    I used to have the typical, narrow minded opinion of steroids until Pete got me to start reading about them here at AR just over a year ago. I have to admit, I was nervous when he first mentioned about doing a cycle, but after doing a lot of research and talking with some of the guys (mostly Mike) I was ok with it. I've actually recently finished my first ever cycle of Anavar and I'm planning on starting 10 weeks of primo in a couple of weeks. I feel safer putting steroids in my body than if I were to smoke cigarettes (which I've never done). You just have to know what you're doing and be safe. Plus, I'm not harming anyone else in the process. You can't say that about smoking!!
    It's supposed to be hard! If it was easy, everyone would do it! It's the "hard" that makes it great!

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by Bert
    I used to have the typical, narrow minded opinion of steroids until Pete got me to start reading about them here at AR just over a year ago. I have to admit, I was nervous when he first mentioned about doing a cycle, but after doing a lot of research and talking with some of the guys (mostly Mike) I was ok with it. I've actually recently finished my first ever cycle of Anavar and I'm planning on starting 10 weeks of primo in a couple of weeks. I feel safer putting steroids in my body than if I were to smoke cigarettes (which I've never done). You just have to know what you're doing and be safe. Plus, I'm not harming anyone else in the process. You can't say that about smoking!!
    Wish teh public had such a sound view of steriods !

Younger is offline Junior Member
    I bought into all the hype television and jr high coaches fed me about steroids . Of course at that age it was probably good for coaches to create the most grousome image of a.s. use and side effects to discourage young ones from using them. 3rd yr of weight training and diet started asking around gym to see who was using. Was amazed at the # of cleancut, professionals etc... who were staying chiseled with drugs. Started reading up and well,that was that.

IT HAS TAUGHT ME TO 'DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE'

.......all the people that are not in the 'known' are kinda easy to believe..but now that im in the 'known' and know the truth im basically all for it...gear use not abuse..... P.S. stay tuned for the coverage and review of the 1st SAMMY HAGAR/ DAVID LEE ROTH show...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Before I was just like everyone else who didn't know jack about AS. I believed it was very bad. Teachers and friends made it sound like it was the worst thing in the world. The main thing people think and fear is that in men, steroids will cause the penis to become smaller in size, and to make you just look too big and hidious. And that in women, it will make them all sound like men and make their whole body look more like a man.

But now, that I've learned a lot of info, that shit sounds soooo ridiculous. And now a days, when I over hear people saying shit like that, I just laugh out loud to myself and walk away. It really sounds funny when you hear someone else saying things like that, and your standing there thinking my God how wrong this person is, and he/she has no idea! Especially when they are older people who say the shit.

Thread Information