jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Is my finger broke?

i was working today and my coworker dropped a 5 piece of metal for me to catch and take somewhere. I caught it but immediatly my finger started hurting. It's my left ring finger and it was cut off when I was younger and it's a little weird looking.

It's slightly purple at the very first joint and swollen. it hurts when I move it but not that much ya know? I taped it up and that seemed to help a little and I applied ice. it hurts when I move the joint up and down with my other hand but not any huge stinging pain. it hurts pretty bad but I can still sleep well without really thinking about it. I don't have insurance so I don't want to go to the doc unless I have to and I can't really miss work because of bills and I do construction. I was also able to work out today doing dead lifts and pull ups it hurt but I still did it.

Jdog55

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    It also only hurts from a little bit behind the ending joint to the tip of the finger so about an inch.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i've been hurt like that when i caught a line drive. It was right in between the joints of my finer. Most likely its bruised but you should get it checked out anyway.

fully_paully is offline Associate Member
    i squashed my finger with bout 50kgs and the tip of my finger was sore i found out it was fractured it got betta in afew weeks not sore at all now

Thread Information