Nismo is offline Member

Pre-natail vitamans

I'm not sure if I spelled the title correctly but oh well. Anyway, my wife has pre-natail vitamins cause she is pregnant. I was reading the lable on that mofo and it seems to be a very good multi-vitamin!!!! I mean have you read the lable on these things??? They are packed with everything! My question is-is it safe for guys to take them??? There wasnt anything out of the ordinary about these vitamins that say that they are harmful to a guy so I'm assuming there okay right? Or will I grow some knockers

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I doubt they would do any harm to you. You can buy them OTC in any drug store now.

I got some because I'm trying to grow my hair and it's amazing how fast my hair is growing.

Congrats on the baby
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    They do make your hair grow fast.

Pre-natal.

~SC~

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i was told to take them before too even when not preggies

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Just hide them from your man...that kind of stuff can frighten us

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Its hard to say without knowing what brand you are referring to... or what the actual ingredients are - but they, more than likely, have a high level of essential fatty acids (been know to help with the neural development) which are deffinitly a good addition to your diet... fuk, Barry Sears thinks he can cure cancer with right balance of EFA's

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    No, they won't harm you. Prenatal vitamins are designed to help women achieve optimal vitamin and mineral support pre-pregnancy and during the course of a pregnancy. Women often experience a deficit in minerals, especially iron and folic acid during pregnancy. These supps help bridge that gap.

One other addition is the amount of DHA, an omega 3 fatty acid, which is crucial for the baby's brain, nerve, and eye tissue development. If you are considering taking one of these otc supps, just do a comparison from what you are currently taking and see where the amounts and differences stand. Either way, it won't cause any harm. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy. Remind her that a carefully planned nutrition and excercise regimine will greatly improve her chances of a healthy pregnancy and ease during delivery.

Doc M

Nismo is offline Member
    Thanks everyone for your input. The baby's due date is actually today believe it or not, but nothing has happened so we're just waiting around untill she pops!!! Thanks again!!!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Take her for some walks....or.... play with her nipples. I seem to remember being told by my doctor about the nipple thing stimulating natural pitocin which causes contractions. Walks are good too to get things going.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

darmadoc is offline Member
    I would bet there is more iron than you need. Studies have shown that men don't need as much iron as women (for obvious reasons) and have a higher mortality rate when taking too much. Might want to check on that.

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    So have I.. they make you hair and nails grow fast and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    I would bet there is more iron than you need. Studies have shown that men don't need as much iron as women (for obvious reasons) and have a higher mortality rate when taking too much. Might want to check on that.
    Yeah... cuz we eat a lot more in genral and tend to eat more iron-rich foods... that is a concern for a man taking a female's prenatal... minerals can accumulate to unhealthy amounts in the body - if not used..

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Take her for some walks....or.... play with her nipples. I seem to remember being told by my doctor about the nipple thing stimulating natural pitocin which causes contractions. Walks are good too to get things going.
    hot...

I take them, they are Pre Natals by Twin Lab. My chest hair began growing faster on them, alot faster, but **** it, thats why we shave it. Other than that it's good shit.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yeah... cuz we eat a lot more in genral and tend to eat more iron-rich foods... that is a concern for a man taking a female's prenatal... minerals can accumulate to unhealthy amounts in the body - if not used..
    I think darma doc meant that women bleed about every 28 days when not pregnant and are there for always in a defecit in iron. When pregnant, they need the iron for forming blood in the fetus.

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc

The RDA for women is more than 2x recommed for men. When it was calculated in 1968(no revision since) by the US they used women on her peroid.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    I think darma doc meant that women bleed about every 28 days when not pregnant and are there for always in a defecit in iron. When pregnant, they need the iron for forming blood in the fetus.
    Yeah - they bleed and they consume far less red meats, typically. Men don't menstrate and they typically eat more iron-rich foods, like red meats... so a man supplementing with too much iron can easily reach toxic levels...

Thread Information