Odin is offline Member

Over training dumb asses

I get so dam sick of these little bastards in the gym doing set after set, and only 45 seconds between them. Then they tell me that I don't train that hard cause I only do 8 working set's per workout at MOST, not to mention 4 minutes between sets. Take a look at my workout and tell me if you think this looks lazy to your eyes.

Incline bench
    135x20 warmup 4 minutes
    185x12 warmup 4 minutes
    225x6 warmup 4 minutes
    295x2 warmup 5minutes
    365x5 Working set, 7 minutes brake

Inlince fly's
    80's x8 4 minutes
    80's x6 4, minutes

French press
    145x8 4 minutes
    145x6 4 mintess

tricept pulldowns
    stack for whatever 4minutes
    stack for whatever 24 hours bitch hehe

DONE! their you got it 7 working set's, and lot's of time inbetween. I don't know about you guys but I get trashed quickly and breath heavy for a lot time after big set's but then again it could be the d-bol and tren . Any other lazy bastards that lift like me out their. Hell I have so much free time in the gym I know the name of every girl before I leave, and I get hell from my friends for it, but I am also a lot bigger, leaner, and stronger than they are too? So who else here trains like this, and just walks around and bs's inbetween set's??

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Bro the weights your pushing are probably more than anyone who's critiscizing you, so tell them to shuve it and keep doing what works best for you. Two of my buddies are the same way, spend about 2 hours in the gym per session. Me and my other buddies all break their balls, we call them their training the Gym Marathon...They must do at least 20 sets per body part, with bad form at that...Do your thing dude, and turn a deaf ear to those who talk shit..

Flexor is offline Banned
    Dude, its illegal to post workouts here, this is the lounge

Don't worry bout those sh1ts, your strength is impressive and it shows you have got there through dedication and high effort. In short, fukem

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    Fvck 'em, we are all different. Invite them to workout with you one day, I bet they shut up after that.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    hey whatever works for you man, i personally prefer around 16-20 sets per bodypart because thats when i feel most full. but if you can bang it out in 8, more power to you

maxmz is offline Junior Member
    Just let them talk brother! as long as it's working for you, F*** them!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    I get so dam sick of these little bastards in the gym doing set after set, and only 45 seconds between them. Then they tell me that I don't train that hard cause I only do 8 working set's per workout at MOST, not to mention 4 minutes between sets. Take a look at my workout and tell me if you think this looks lazy to your eyes.

Incline bench
    135x20 warmup 4 minutes
    185x12 warmup 4 minutes
    225x6 warmup 4 minutes
    295x2 warmup 5minutes

Inlince fly's
    80's x8 4 minutes
    80's x6 4, minutes

French press
    145x8 4 minutes
    145x6 4 mintess

tricept pulldowns

DONE! their you got it 7 working set's, and lot's of time inbetween. I don't know about you guys but I get trashed quickly and breath heavy for a lot time after big set's but then again it could be the d-bol and tren. Any other lazy bastards that lift like me out their. Hell I have so much free time in the gym I know the name of every girl before I leave, and I get hell from my friends for it, but I am also a lot bigger, leaner, and stronger than they are too? So who else here trains like this, and just walks around and bs's inbetween set's??

Your workout seems fine for a girl, don't listen to those guys at the gym

Kidding Bro.. does it work for you? are you working hard? well then screw them.. You can't let others get you down.. heck even less when you are pushing decent weights.

Oldman

tretch187 is offline Associate Member

Incline bench
    135x20 warmup 4 minutes
    185x12 warmup 4 minutes
    225x6 warmup 4 minutes
    295x2 warmup 5minutes

Inlince fly's
    80's x8 4 minutes
    80's x6 4, minutes

French press
    145x8 4 minutes
    145x6 4 mintess

tricept pulldowns

DONE! their you got it 7 working set's, and lot's of time inbetween. I don't know about you guys but I get trashed quickly and breath heavy for a lot time after big set's but then again it could be the d-bol and tren. Any other lazy bastards that lift like me out their. Hell I have so much free time in the gym I know the name of every girl before I leave, and I get hell from my friends for it, but I am also a lot bigger, leaner, and stronger than they are too? So who else here trains like this, and just walks around and bs's inbetween set's??
    I bet your legs are huge.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    I bet your legs are huge.
    that is just wrong.. hahahaha

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You'd be surprised how abbreviated mine is right now... but I am progressing and currently calculating what gives each muscle group its best power output...

But 4 mikes are quite long RI's...

Smedman101 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bazerk
    Fvck 'em, we are all different. Invite them to workout with you one day, I bet they shut up after that.
    I agree!

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    bro..i asm just about to make a post in the workout forum..i always train the way you do pretty much, with oong resting periods..been doin the same for 5 years..yesterday i hit chest with 30 second break periods and 2 mins between switching exercises..well today my chest feels like it did when i first started working out..my chest was sore 8 hours after working it...i think it's best to workout both ways and switch it up after a while

Odin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    bro..i asm just about to make a post in the workout forum..i always train the way you do pretty much, with oong resting periods..been doin the same for 5 years..yesterday i hit chest with 30 second break periods and 2 mins between switching exercises..well today my chest feels like it did when i first started working out..my chest was sore 8 hours after working it...i think it's best to workout both ways and switch it up after a while
    I agree it is good switching it up, but being on prop/tren /d-bol is not a really good time to do it. I am litterly gasping for air 3 minutes after the set. Also I have been going up 10 pounds a week every week in my lifts, so once I start to tapper off then I might switch to shorter peroids, of course switching my compounds to EQ, Var, and prop. Also after the big set's my muscles just burn like hell for 3 minutes or so. Plus the pump's I get are so big that I am unable to perform until things settle down a little. Sh*t just really get's tight. I carb load every day before the gym, take 60mg of d-bol, then drink 3/4 of a gallon of water 30 minutes before going in. It makes me feel strong and I get big pump's but between the water rention and the intesity I just cannot do low rest, or a lot of working sets. I would say it would be almost impossable at this point, unless I used really light weight in which I feel would be conter productive to be gain quality mass.

mesomorph is offline Associate Member
    I agree it is good switching it up, but being on prop/tren/d-bol is not a really good time to do it. I am litterly gasping for air 3 minutes after the set. Also I have been going up 10 pounds a week every week in my lifts, so once I start to tapper off then I might switch to shorter peroids, of course switching my compounds to EQ, Var, and prop. Also after the big set's my muscles just burn like hell for 3 minutes or so. Plus the pump's I get are so big that I am unable to perform until things settle down a little. Sh*t just really get's tight. I carb load every day before the gym, take 60mg of d-bol, then drink 3/4 of a gallon of water 30 minutes before going in. It makes me feel strong and I get big pump's but between the water rention and the intesity I just cannot do low rest, or a lot of working sets. I would say it would be almost impossable at this point, unless I used really light weight in which I feel would be conter productive to be gain quality mass.
    Wow dude! making me jelious! I train as you do also. And my favorite cycles are prop/tren or prop/dbol . Tried finishing with Eq/winny, but that didn'd do shit for me. Anyhow here is a typical chest day for me, all rests are 2 minutes (don't laugh at the weights):

Flat bench:
    95 for 12
    135 for 4
    175 for 3
    205 for 1

workout sets:
    225 for 5 x 3 sets

Dips:
    2 sets of 5 with 40 strapped on

Flyes:
    1 set of 8 with 35lbs

Skull Crushers:
    2 sets of 5 with 105

By the end of a cycle I am up about 5 lbs benching over where my last one ended. If I do more sets than that I stagnate or go backwards.
    Last edited by mesomorph; 12-29-2005 at 06:24 PM.

Odin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mesomorph
    Wow dude! making me jelious! I train as you do also. And my favorite cycles are prop/tren or prop/dbol . Tried finishing with Eq/winny, but that didn'd do shit for me. Anyhow here is a typical chest day for me, all rests are 2 minutes (don't laugh at the weights):

Flat bench:
    95 for 12
    135 for 4
    175 for 3
    205 for 1

workout sets:
    225 for 5 x 3 sets

Dips:

Flyes:
    1 set of 8 with 35lbs

Skull Crushers:
    2 sets of 5 with 105

By the end of a cycle I am up about 5 lbs benching over where my last one ended. If I do more sets than that I stagnate or go backwards.
    Well, I'm sorry to say this but you must be doing somthing wrong or getting bunk gear. I personally think Trenbolone is an advanced drug and a person should easliy be able to bench 300 pounds before trying somthing this potent. Also I would like to see the intesity you might be lifting at.

Well, I'm sorry to say this but you must be doing somthing wrong or getting bunk gear. I personally think Trenbolone is an advanced drug and a person should easliy be able to bench 300 pounds before trying somthing this potent. Also I would like to see the intesity you might be lifting at.
    I'll just chucle at your reply & move on. I am suprised that you can be so quickly critical of someone who has discovered that he makes the best gains on the same style of workouts.

just to clue you in on how bad some folks genetics are, Before Using anything, after 10 years of steady lifing, I was benching 140 lbs for 10, that was my best workout ever.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    I'll just chucle at your reply & move on. I am suprised that you can be so quickly critical of someone who has discovered that he makes the best gains on the same style of workouts.

just to clue you in on how bad some folks genetics are, Before Using anything, after 10 years of steady lifing, I was benching 140 lbs for 10, that was my best workout ever.

i'm with odin on this one..your training or something is off, i might be strong for years i've been training but that is at the other end of the spectrum..i would stay away from gear with those lifts bro, and look into what else might be off before using chemicals o try and enhance those lifts

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    i'm with odin on this one..your training or something is off, i might be strong for years i've been training but that is at the other end of the spectrum..i would stay away from gear with those lifts bro, and look into what else might be off before using chemicals o try and enhance those lifts
    Agreed. He was/is training assbackwards...

I give that a 99% chance of being correct

kman is offline Anabolic Member

Flat bench:
    95 for 12
    135 for 4
    175 for 3
    205 for 1

workout sets:
    225 for 5 x 3 sets

Dips:

Flyes:
    1 set of 8 with 35lbs

Skull Crushers:
    2 sets of 5 with 105

I see nothing wrong with what you are doing, and agree with you. Just cause someone can't bench 300 pounds does not mean they can't use A.S. I mean everyone has there own goals, for me chest is a not an important muscle, and need the flexibility for sports, but I can bench 300, I just choose not to. Many people when they get older wish they did not go as heavy as they did when they were young and pay for it with some nasty injuries. So To each there own.

Odin is offline Member

Ok, this is what I would do if I were you then, do a prop/tren /d-bol cycle. Start with your final set at 225x6 and for your F*ckin sake add 10 pounds a week until you can do at least 295X6 before you end the cycle. Take 100mg of tren ED and 100mg prop everday, and take 40mg dbol with grapefruit juice 1 hour before going in. Then suck down 1/2 gallon a water 20 minutes before going in. I'm glad I offend you, time to get your ass going, cause them numbers are sorry. You'll thank me when your down. Also do this on every bodypart. I think the drive is more important the the juice. Like the second week when your force yourself to do 235x6 that's both gonna be draining mentally and phyically on you, cause when you wake up that morning you know that sh*t gonna be in your hands and 6 reps is the goal, and you don't want to fail. That's my point on over training fools too. The reason they do so many sets is they never push themselves that hard on the sets they do. Any for all you people who say Flex mag say reps this and that and this pro said this, well F*ck you cause every pro bodybuilder can bench over 500 pounds and we all know it.

Odin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    I see nothing wrong with what you are doing, and agree with you. Just cause someone can't bench 300 pounds does not mean they can't use A.S. I mean everyone has there own goals, for me chest is a not an important muscle, and need the flexibility for sports, but I can bench 300, I just choose not to. Many people when they get older wish they did not go as heavy as they did when they were young and pay for it with some nasty injuries. So To each there own.
    My joints are golden bro, Thanx to good ol' D-bol. I can hear the water just'a splashing in them. Also you say chest is NOT important, well I'm a stipper and let me tell you that is also the first place the woman love to rub their hands. On a musclur, tan, shaved, chest with no fat on it. From their they will either rub out on the the shoulders or down into the ab's.

My joints are golden bro, Thanx to good ol' D-bol. I can hear the water just'a splashing in them. Also you say chest is NOT important, well I'm a stipper and let me tell you that is also the first place the woman love to rub their hands. On a musclur, tan, shaved, chest with no fat on it. From their they will either rub out on the the shoulders or down into the ab's.
    Thats great that you strip for money, but thats not what everyone's goal might be. There are many sports that you don't need a huge chest, I am not saying it can't be strong just saying it restricts movement in many sports. Yea dbol is great, but you can't stay on it for ever brotha!!

Ok, this is what I would do if I were you then, do a prop/tren/d-bol cycle. Start with your final set at 225x6 and for your F*ckin sake add 10 pounds a week until you can do at least 295X6 before you end the cycle. Take 100mg of tren ED and 100mg prop everday, and take 40mg dbol with grapefruit juice 1 hour before going in. Then suck down 1/2 gallon a water 20 minutes before going in. I'm glad I offend you, time to get your ass going, cause them numbers are sorry. You'll thank me when your down. Also do this on every bodypart. I think the drive is more important the the juice. Like the second week when your force yourself to do 235x6 that's both gonna be draining mentally and phyically on you, cause when you wake up that morning you know that sh*t gonna be in your hands and 6 reps is the goal, and you don't want to fail. That's my point on over training fools too. The reason they do so many sets is they never push themselves that hard on the sets they do. Any for all you people who say Flex mag say reps this and that and this pro said this, well F*ck you cause every pro bodybuilder can bench over 500 pounds and we all know it.
    500 bench, I highly doubt ALL pro B lifters are putting up #'s like that.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Odin]I think the drive is more important the the juice. Like the second week when your force yourself to do 235x6 that's both gonna be draining mentally and phyically on you, cause when you wake up that morning you know that sh*t gonna be in your hands and 6 reps is the goal, and you don't want to fail.QUOTE]

this is so ****ing true I cant even begin to explain how true it is. From the ages of 15-17 i did the same routine, plummeting around making slow gains....This year with HIT--every ****ing workout i go up 1 rep or 5 pounds on each exercise. If I for some reason DONT get that rep, I make sure I get TWO next workout.

If guys focused on getting stronger each workout, more than on doing reps/sets, they'd get big ON ACCIDENT!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Crazy. I used to do 5sets of 8-12 reps for every thing. I made some nice gains. But what I noticed most was, when you work out with compound, core lifts (bench, squat, deadlift, clean&press) at the start of your session, that gets the need for natty test up, then you do your auxilary lifts for 5 sets of 8-12. If that twelfth rep didn't come with a spot, move up the weight. Every last rep should be almost impossible to do with out a spot and leave you winded.
    I rest 3-5 minutes in between sets for bulking. 30 seconds to 2 minutes for cutting. Read in Muscular Development that there's really no difference in strength gains between a 3 minute rest and a 5 minute rest.
    That works for me, but to each his own.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Read in Muscular Development that there's really no difference in strength gains between a 3 minute rest and a 5 minute rest.
    That works for me, but to each his own.
    Most muscle groups can recover within that period. If your goal is to hit it again before it completely recovers than below 60-90 seconds should be your limit.

Longer RI's (3-5 min) help you to immediately adapt physically and mentally so that you can cope with another heavy set. It gives your body time to shake off the last set. This is good practive when increasing limit strength is the goal of the training cycle.

Short RI's (60-90 sec) will work to completely depelete the muscle's ATP stores (to require an adaption for more = hypertophy) and eventually leading to an adrenelin realease, or fight or flight type attitude while lifting. Anyone who has done the GVT 10 sets, 10 reps with 60-90 sec RI's can aknowledge a sudden increase in strength asfter the 5-7 set as long as the short RIs are adhered to...

I did have a setback a year ago, pulled a tendon in the delt. at the time I was up to 265 for 3. I stilled worked out, a bit lighter, and the strength is finally coming back a little and the pain has been finally gone for about 2 months. And yeah I am 50. Not making excuses.

Anyhow this week I got up 225 8 reps, 3 more than last week, so I used 240 second set & got it up 3 reps. ( The first set wiped me out pretty good).

Benching is my worst exersize anyhow, back when I was doing the 265 for 3 I was cleanly mil pressing 185 for 3, 205 for one, and doing rowing with 315, 1 aqm rowing with 160, and pullups with 65 strapped on.

One more point, 225 is 60 percent more than 140, what is your percent strength gain on gear?

As the point of the the whole thread seems to be about, I have tried the loads of sets, 2 hour, Ian King style, drag yourself out of the gym afterwards workouts, and all I do is loose on routines like that.

I think doing dbol & tren on the same cycle, 3 compounds is pretty harsh.

I apprcaite all you bros anyhow. Be awesome cool to lift with a few freaking powerhouses such as yourselves. Consider yourselves blessed.

Thread Information