Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dimentia is offline Junior Member

Opinions of Dallas Texas

I'm considering a job in Dallas and I wanted to know if anybody here lives there? if so tell me what you like/dislike about Dallas

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I don't like it very much, but my opinions would not be politically correct so i will just leave it at that.

If you are making good money, iuts probably ok here but for me i have been getting screwed since the day i stepped here...was up for a huge promotion at work and HR ****ed me over by not turning over my application...total career setback.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    i love it here in dallas...i dont ever wanna leave...the only thing i hate is the terrible drivers here...gotta be some of the worst in the nation...but you got everything here man...great food, good basketball team, nice people, gyms everywhere, beautiful girls (SMU is ranked in the top 5 of colleges with the hottest girls)...like i said before i dont plan on leaving here.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends on what part of Dallas you're talking about. Some parts are nice, others are awful. It's the divorce capital of the US (so I've heard), and the vast majority of houses (even in the expensive neighborhoods) are uninspired -- not much more than seperate apartments with a garage.

I suppose you could do worse (like Houston), but it's ok.

hotstuff is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Depends on what part of Dallas you're talking about. Some parts are nice, others are awful. It's the divorce capital of the US (so I've heard), and the vast majority of houses (even in the expensive neighborhoods) are uninspired -- not much more than seperate apartments with a garage.

I suppose you could do worse (like Houston), but it's ok.
    I lived in Dallas for 5 years, and now I am in Houston. I have to say they are about the same. You have your upper and lower class parts of town. But I really did like Dallas. There is so much to do.
    What kind of atmosphere do you like and what kind of crowd do you hang out with and then maybe we could tell you what part of Dallas would be good for you.

oh, btw....yeah traffic does suck pretty bad!

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff
    oh, btw....yeah traffic does suck pretty bad!
    yeah but now all that 635 and 75 consruction IS FINALLY DONE WITH! no more of that bullshit traffic going to work in the mornings. totally smooth ride.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    yeah but now all that 635 and 75 consruction IS FINALLY DONE WITH! no more of that bullshit traffic going to work in the mornings. totally smooth ride.
    Brace yourself . . . their next project is to dig a 6 lane tunnel under 635. They're gonna start taking construction bids in a few months, and start diggin in about a year. Don't remember where it's gonna run from, but I think it's from Midway to Preston, don't quote me on it . . . Supposed to cost about $200 million a year for 10 years or so. Big bucks . . .
    -Tock

Yeah, I heard they finally got that done. That was a pain! I guess your traffic is better than Houston's now!

chest6 is offline Banned
    thank god. I live in a suberb of Dallas..I like it here you got everything..really hot girls, good food, good sports teams most the time

Well I think I'll be moving to Richardson. Right now I live in the DC metro area and I can't stand it. Houses are so ****ing expensive and I'm tired of working in defense. I was looking at some houses in Richardson and I can't beleive how much house you can but for 250k. In the DC area you can't buy shit for that. you might be able to get a 30 year old condo in the ghetto for that much but that's about it. Anybody here familiar with Richardson?

Quote Originally Posted by dimentia
    Well I think I'll be moving to Richardson. Right now I live in the DC metro area and I can't stand it. Houses are so ****ing expensive and I'm tired of working in defense. I was looking at some houses in Richardson and I can't beleive how much house you can but for 250k. In the DC area you can't buy shit for that. you might be able to get a 30 year old condo in the ghetto for that much but that's about it. Anybody here familiar with Richardson?
    yeah i live right next to it in garland...richardson is aight but its like 15 minutes away from the downtown dallas skyline and there are a shitload of decent restaurants about 5-10 minutes away and like 2 or 3 gyms right in your backyard.

Thanks Kaptain

So I got a thing for spanish girls. I'm assuming there's going to be an abundance of them there, is this true?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yup, familiar with Richardson, other than it being my last name, oops did I say that. Nah, but it's not bad over there. Im really only familiar with the area along 75.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I only know how to get to work in Richardson

I usually take Jupiter from 635 into Richardson, screw hitting 75 from 635...no more for me.

Kaptainkeezy04:

What gym do you lift at? I have been using the 24hr Fitness just passed UTD.

chest6 is offline Banned
    any1 near plano?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I only know how to get to work in Richardson

I usually take Jupiter from 635 into Richardson, screw hitting 75 from 635...no more for me.

Kaptainkeezy04:

What gym do you lift at? I have been using the 24hr Fitness just passed UTD.
    i go to lifetime fitness at 190 and north garland avenue...right by that wal mart and target and red robin and all that crap....HEY HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THE NEW FIREWHEEL MALL YET?

Special "K" is offline New Member
    Richardson is OK, I'd live either downtown Dallas or Plano...

I grew up in Dallas, it's got a lot going for it but it is getting CROWDED, traffic is a BITCH if you hate that sort of thing.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Uptown is a cool trendy area. Expensive, but lots of fun.

I lived in Plano for a while. Then in Tarrant County (Ft Worth half of the metroplex). I probably would live in the Ft Worth side if I had to move back. Maybe around Southlake, Keller area. Lots of new development going on and still pretty easy to get out of town when you want.

peace,

ttgb

what is the real estate market like there? I notice that houses in plano and richardson area are relatively cheap. Do houses sit on the market for a long time?

bump

decadbal is offline Banned
    texas is

GAY

chest6 is offline Banned
    I knew ur gas ass would chime in

North Carolina=gay

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    texas is

GAY

what is the real estate market like there? I notice that houses in plano and richardson area are relatively cheap. Do houses sit on the market for a long time?
    You should be able to pick up a copy of the Dallas Morning News on some local newsstand. Get a Sunday paper, and you'll have a pretty good idea on prices & etc.
    Best thing to do if you move here is to rent an apartment or a house and get a feel for the various neighborhoods, and then look for a house.

Do you have any area in mind? Do you want to live close to work, or just in a good neighborhood?

-Tock

well the job is located in Allen and I don't necessarily need to live in allen but i do want to avoid a commute.

THen Plano is where you should move. I lived there for a couple of years and i really liked it there. Although you could probably get a good deal on a place in McKinney or Allen since there is so much building going on there right now.

then that's where I'll start my search

Ya, northern Plano would be pretty good. They're doing a lot of development in Murphy and Wylie, you might consider them too . . .

yeah but some parts of plano are absolute shit!!! the east side of plano is nothin but trash...the west side is where its at....super nice!!! anybody here know what im talkin about?

True, but did you see those shiny new condos someone is building close to the old downtown? I'm guessing that someone is thinking that existing real estate on the east side is cheap enough that they can raze it and rebuild on top of it . . .

If I could live anywhere in the DFW area, I'd pick a place that overlooks White Rock Lake. Ya, that's my favorite spot for miles around . . .

-Tock

sure is pretty tock. dallas just kicks ass in my opinion...it has everything.

cool glad to hear that. I'll be out there next week to see it for my self

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Dallas/Fort Worth = Love it. Allen is very nice and if you work in Dallas you can live out in the country McKinney/Melissa area. You'll love it it's the best! Welcome

chest6 is offline Banned
    yeah but some parts of plano are absolute shit!!! the east side of plano is nothin but trash...the west side is where its at....super nice!!! anybody here know what im talkin about?
    yep..you got it. Come live in west plano wit me . All you need..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Dallas/Fort Worth = Love it. Allen is very nice and if you work in Dallas you can live out in the country McKinney/Melissa area. You'll love it it's the best! Welcome

I'm going to be going to Dallas this coming year to get a tattoo by a very good artist there. It's a guy that my client on t.v. (Francis) goes to when he gets his ink done.

Perhaps you could show me what's up in big D?

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'm going to be going to Dallas this coming year to get a tattoo by a very good artist there. It's a guy that my client on t.v. (Francis) goes to when he gets his ink done.

~SC~
    gotta stop by and check on chest too while ur here..dont forget

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    oh yeah? tell me where he is, I'd like to check out his artwork

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    oh yeah? tell me where he is, I'd like to check out his artwork
    Not sure where he is exactly, but it's where Francis gets his work done.

He is the direct competitor with that "Kartoon" (or "Cartoon") guy who does all of Eminem's tats and other rappers.

~SC~

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    lol, i lived on the east side

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information