GQplaya is offline Associate Member

valet fcuked my car up!

I went out to dinner last night with my girl and as we walked in and the valet drove my car away, he broke the mirror off and dented the door by hitting into a explorer. The worst part is they did not tell me about it until 2hrs later when we left. The fact is that i would not have eatin there if i knew what happened, i was furious when i found out, now they have insurance for the valet's which will take care of my car. but our dinner was around 140.00 and i used a my visa to pay. I dont think its fair they charged me let alone let me be in the restaurant the whole time without telling me what happened. Now can i call my credit card company and tell them this was unfair to let me sit there knowin my car was smashed up, and somehow have them refuse to pay the restaurant. and the sevice sucked also. I am really m,ad about it and dont want them to have any of my money. any help would be great thanx

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I doubt youwill be able to do that with the CC company. Myself I would have rather them wait to tell me that they damaged my car so that it didn't ruin my dinner. Nothing was going to change what happened so having the couple of hours not knowing would have no issue for me about the resteraunt.

For the service you tip accordingly. If the service is bad the server gets less of a tip..... service is good they get over 20%

It sucks what happened but they are going to pay for the damage........... You know you could have parked the car yourself and the same thing happened and you would be eatting the repair costs....... so all isn't lost.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That sucs, valet fuc'd my car up in AC and I didnt notice until I got back to NY. Be happy your getting it fixed.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    thats highly unlikely that wouldve happened if he parked the car, mud. anyway they didnt handle the situation right. if all goes well with getting your car repaired i would complain to the restaurant and try and get him fired.

how do you break off a fcking mirror? he mustve been flying.

TheSickOne is offline Junior Member

Wink

I agree with TMM because if they would have told me while I was eating I probably would have done something to put me back in the slammer..

I was snowing here in jersey and he couldnt get up the driveway,so he claims he tried backing up, and smashed my bmw into and explorer taillight, and if they would have told me i would not have eatin there. simple as that the guy thast drove my car was an idiot

TheSickOne is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    thats highly unlikely that wouldve happened if he parked the car, mud. anyway they didnt handle the situation right. if all goes well with getting your car repaired i would complain to the restaurant and try and get him fired.

thats probably what it was.......I concur....

oh i flipped out when i saw the damage, i went back in the place and cause a scene, ( reminded me of that scene from scarface when tony flipped out in that fancy restaurant)

my girl took pics of everything, and even go tthe dumbass on video sayin that he did it

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1

What are you talking about............ he could have parked the car and came out with the damage and he would be paying................ very possible........ what planet are you living on where no mistakes or accidents never happen

most those guys dont kno how to drive, ill never valet my car again

my mirror was hangin off the side of my car, i told them if i get in an accident because i cant see without my mirror im gonna sue.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    what im saying is the valet's tend to care a little less about ones car than the owner does. hence not being careful. this is why i park way out in the parking lot.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    call the credit card company.. you should be able to tell them that you do not want to pay due to discrepencies with the said restaurant. tell them you are you havin a dispute with the restaurant and after it is settled they can either finish the payment or they wont have to. then call the rest. speak to the manager.. say you want to talk to the General Manager. Tell them your laywer is prepared and that you have the footage and pics of the damage. Let them know that they should of notified you A.S.A.FREAKIN.P when the incident occured. and that is why you want reimbursment for the meal. Its the least they can do. Trust me A nice restaurant will want to cover its a$$ and public image.. if all else fails let them know that your lawyer is also in contact with a local news station who will be doin a special undercover report on the Valet services in the area. You know, number of accidents a year on average that valets have, which rest. have the most number of accidents, if there has been complaints, how many, have valets been found to smoke or steal change from cars. and da da. and after all that they will comp you no problem. Most likely you will not have to even threaten at all... Cuz like i said they want public image to be good. Im a chef at a High Class Restaurant in Philly and trust me we have been in this situation many times. (not particularly valet problems though) word of mouth can be the downfall of any restaurant. remember that and let them know you know that.

most of the guys doing valet in bigger cities are camel jockies and red dots, they cant drive for shit, outta stick to a camel. They couldnt find my keys on time, te valet guy was like "go in there and look for your keys on our peg board" this was at a 5 star hotel, there looked like there were about 1000 sets of car keys on the peg board. I said **** that, went and got my moey back from the valet parking which ran me $100 for 2 days.

well put!! this is exactly what i am gonna do!
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw
    call the credit card company.. you should be able to tell them that you do not want to pay due to discrepencies with the said restaurant. tell them you are you havin a dispute with the restaurant and after it is settled they can either finish the payment or they wont have to. then call the rest. speak to the manager.. say you want to talk to the General Manager. Tell them your laywer is prepared and that you have the footage and pics of the damage. Let them know that they should of notified you A.S.A.FREAKIN.P when the incident occured. and that is why you want reimbursment for the meal. Its the least they can do. Trust me A nice restaurant will want to cover its a$$ and public image.. if all else fails let them know that your lawyer is also in contact with a local news station who will be doin a special undercover report on the Valet services in the area. You know, number of accidents a year on average that valets have, which rest. have the most number of accidents, if there has been complaints, how many, have valets been found to smoke or steal change from cars. and da da. and after all that they will comp you no problem. Most likely you will not have to even threaten at all... Cuz like i said they want public image to be good. Im a chef at a High Class Restaurant in Philly and trust me we have been in this situation many times. (not particularly valet problems though) word of mouth can be the downfall of any restaurant. remember that and let them know you know that.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    good luck, but you shouldnt need it bro

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro the valet and restaurant are 2 separate companies. I use to do that shit when I was 18. Go back and get the name of the valet company and call them up.The restaurant had no part of your accident therefore its like if 2 people ahead of you got into a wreck its like them suing you even tho you had nothing to do with it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    shit man..guess u wont valet ur car anymore.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry to hear. Accidents happen, try not to lose an sleep over it. I know I was pissed when someone hit my truck.

Thread Information