KeyMastur is offline VET

ipod shuffle ?? need new mp3 player

i think my earphone jack is messed up on my current one. it's a 256 philips-nike armband one.. thinkin about gettin an ipod shuffle, just a 512 mb. they make decent arm or waist straps for these ? something maybe that'll help keep sweat off.

maybe something like this :

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1117177026916
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 01-03-2006 at 05:17 PM.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    The strap fits really well on your upper forearm. I doubt it will fit your upper arm though. Additionally, I put the cord from the headphones through the collar of my shirt, and it comes out the sleeve of my t-shirt, into the mp3, and it never gets in the way.

I am going to have to buy another mp3 myself, b/c my iRiver doesn't seem to be compatible with any media player.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    My wife got me the ipod nano (sp?) and I like it a lot......... I have the same type of jacket but for the nano and I wear the clip on my waist instead of using the arm band............ I tried tightening it up all the way but it keeps falling off

mass junkie is offline banned
    Shuffle sucks ..

dont even bother key

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    ebay is the place for ipods bro u can get a great deal

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Get the leather case that clips to your waist line, and put cord down your shirt.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Ijust bought a shuffle

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Shuffle sucks ..

dont even bother key
    care to explain why ?? i could care less what order my songs play in. i already know the songs that will be going on the thing.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    My wife got me the ipod nano (sp?) and I like it a lot......... I have the same type of jacket but for the nano and I wear the clip on my waist instead of using the arm band............ I tried tightening it up all the way but it keeps falling off
    really ? i would have thought you of all people wouldn't have arms that small.

pump_hungry is offline Junior Member
    I unfortunatly work for best buy, but at least that gives me the ability to give you some advice.

Shuffles are a'ight. They do the trick anyway. Nanos are weak, as in they break easy. For the same price as the 2 gig nano, you can get a creative zen micro with 6 gigs of memory. They're nice little gadgets. They have good arm bands too. Whatever you get, make sure to get the replacement plan. If it breaks you get a new one. Most guys won't get it, but it really is a good investment.
    I have an ipod mini. Love it, its a durable s.o.b. but if I were to buy a new one today, it would be the zen. in fact I just bought one for my friend for christmas.
    That's just my two censt bro, good luck in finding one you like. picking can be so hard sometimes especially with so many choices.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I have a shuffle it was cheap and works so I have no problem with mine.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I just ordered a nano. It jus looks nicer than the shuffle to me and holds more songs. There have been many complaints about the scratching of the screen for the nano but im hoping on the arm or waist-band it wont get scratched up too much, since I only use it at the gym. But for your original question I would suggest goin with the nano just because its a better deal for your money.

-Bino

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i'm not interested in a nano. 512 mb of music or even 1 gb is more than enough to listen to

FROST is offline Associate Member
    I have a Shuffle and a mini, i would suggest getting a mini (even though there out of production). It holds a lot of songs and its one durable SOB. The fact that they came out with the nano just makes a mini cheaper.

Brian

KeyMastur is offline VET
    just found what i want at best buy. one was a samsung tx something, the other a creative zen micro nano or something like that - very tiny - smaller than my cell phone.

i'll find pics.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    really ? i would have thought you of all people wouldn't have arms that small.
    I was joking............ but I don't like the arm band so I use the clip and put it on my waist band.... it easier for me to get to there.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    1g shuffle here. The software kinda sucks at first but the ipod itself is perfect for the gym. I just throw the ipod in my pocket and run the wire under my shirt. I can change the vol, song and pause it right through my clothes.. great product...

KeyMastur is offline VET

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    The samsung doesn't hold as amny songs but it has a FM tuner so that's a plus.

The Creative is bigger and they have always made a very good sounding mp3 player.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    The Creative is bigger and they have always made a very good sounding mp3 player.
    yeah it's bigger but not by much in comparison to the samsung. still can't decide. i like the case that the samsung has for it at best buy. comes with belt clip and arm band - one of those DLO neoprene ones.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i think i'm gonna order the pink one.

I have a shuffle and I love the thing. It's small, lightweight, and durable. There is no display screen to screw up, the buttons on the thing are kind of recessed, nothing really to bust off it or catch on anything to **** up whats playing. I bought an arm band/clip combo which actually encases the ipod so it cant come out. Ran me 25 bucks for that, and I also bought the wireless FM transmitter for my car. It's easy, just plug it in a cigarette lighter and set it to a certain station and you can listen to it on your car stereo. Def one of the cooler things I've bought.

ya_man is offline Member
    i got the nano, one of the best buys i've ever made....lil pricey, but well worth it

Thread Information