USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone else heartbroken by the story of the miners??

i dont see a thread on it and I have to tell you it seriously bothered me when I learned this morning they had all died except for one. I for one was as happy as could be when they first reported they were alive and well and rescued. I watched tv at midnight as the families celebrated and it was like the clock stuck 12 at new years and everyone was just so happy.....then to learn it was false and they were all dead. That really really shocked and saddened me.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I was sostoked to hear so many had survived!! I immediatly clamped my hands and looked up and praised god for bringing them through it.

then I found out only one had survived.... It was crushing. My scincerest condolences to the families. I'm not sure if anyone on here was of any relation to the miners, but my heart goes out to you.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    i saw a report last night also and went to bed thinking they made it. the newark nj paper today even reports they made it. very sad to hear otherwise.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Pretty devistating story. I was watching TV last night and it went to a news break and they said that all but one had died. I was like wtf? Media screwed up, but what's new.

Believe it or not it really wasnt the media's fault. It was overzealous people who heard what they wanted to hear while overhearing cell phone conversations of people at the site of the mine. I could understand they're really hoping for the best but honestly you shouldnt throw unconfirmed information out there like that. Basically it spread like wildfire after that and then the media got wind, thinking all of this is confirmed. I bet the person/people that said these miners were alive know who they are and must feel absolutely shamed.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Its on all the channels here in Ireland. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    wow, until now i thought only one had died, not the other way around

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's a shame....... I have been following the story since I heard about it. Now 12 families have to deal with the lost of thier loved ones.

RIP

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Horrible story...I also went to bed right after midnight hearing that 12 survived then to wake up this morning and see the opposite. It's too bad...

witzy2323 is offline Associate Member
    I was watching the PSU game and saw that 12 were alive I awoke my wife, and was so happy. Then at 5am I turn the news on, and man I will be honest that made me so sad. Those poor families, and those men to die down there.

Blog Entries
    Not that its a consolation at all, but I guess there will be a lot of lawsuits in favor of the victims' families.. I heard on the news that the mine had failed a dozen or so safety tests/specifications last year...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    whatd i miss?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    whatd i miss?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4579754.stm

decadbal is offline Banned
    its a shame god bless their families

Quote Originally Posted by mister.fantastic
    Not that its a consolation at all, but I guess there will be a lot of lawsuits in favor of the victims' families.. I heard on the news that the mine had failed a dozen or so safety tests/specifications last year...

The mine had 96 VIOLATIONS this year!! How bad is that. You figure it would be shut down.

Raw Dawg is offline Junior Member
    Families are in my prayers!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    right by me.........very sad......

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    right by me.........very sad......

The mining accident was over 500 miles away from you Hoss. It's like saying September 11th was by me if i lived in Cleveland
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 01-04-2006 at 07:09 PM.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    just Terrible

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    just Terrible

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I never watch the news (or rarely) so this is really the first I have heard what happened. It is always a tragedy when this happens but the miscommunication with the family made it much worse for them. Very sad indeed.

~Oldman

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    The mining accident was over 500 miles away from you Hoss. It's like saying September 11th was by me if i lived in Cleveland
    I just re-read the paper....I didnt know this was such a huge deal. I saw people in the paper this morning and thought it was local or some shit my bad lol

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    yeah this story was tragic made most of us stop and realize how lucky we are, then we thought about how pissed we were at whoever started the rumor that they were alive, that really upset people, i live in wv so it really hit home here

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    can you say lawsuit..

but how the hell can you bring youself to explain to someone that, sorry we made a mistake, they are actually dead...?

brewerpi is offline Associate Member

Death Notification/happens all the time...

Don't forget the initial reports in Munich 1972, were that the Israeli Athletes had all been rescued. When I was in the Army, we lost a guy on a night jump, and the Chaplain and C.O. went to the wrong house.
    How many of us think of the coal miner when we flick a light switch or boot up our computers????

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    they do dangerous work and the risk is there everyday they clock in. it sucks when tragedy strikes but thats life.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    they do dangerous work and the risk is there everyday they clock in. it sucks when tragedy strikes but thats life.

You don't feel sorry for someone that lost their life so you can live like like you do? They mine coal for people like you and me so we can have the luxury of energy to do the things we do everyday. Thats pathetic that someone could say that they don't feel any sympathy towards something like this.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    You don't feel sorry for someone that lost their life so you can live like like you do? They mine coal for people like you and me so we can have the luxury of energy to do the things we do everyday. Thats pathetic that someone could say that they don't feel any sympathy towards something like this.
    I do have sympathy for the 12 men dead, but most wouldn't bat an eye if the news networks didn't have anything else to cover. The media is beating this one to death.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    The mine had 96 VIOLATIONS this year!! How bad is that. You figure it would be shut down.

Not knowing what the violations were, it's hard to say.

If it's anything like an OSHA inspections that I have knowledge about, those violations could be as simple as not filling out paper work to not keeping the water cooler clean.

But if they are serious violations, relating to their not ventilating properly or ignoring established safety rules, it's not going to be pretty.

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    When that happened it was a very sad day indeed. The snafu that followed the accident saying that only one was dead and the others were o.k. made it even worse.

Thread Information