Thread: ducati

thore is offline Junior Member

ducati

hey guy's need some expert advice here. looking into buying this ducati. just need some answer's.
    1. 2003 $12,800 3600 miles great condition biposta pretty much stock
    2. it's like 3000 miles away, so i would have to have it shipped, any budy ever had any luck with something like that. as far as damage ad stuff.
    do you think this is pretty reasonable as far as money, price, miles. i've seen pics of every angle so i now it's a clean bike. engine don't now.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Seems pretty decent..

My boy has a ducati... and sure their are plenty of jap bikes will leave it in the dust....but a ducati is a bike made strictly for handeling which has its advantages... looks like you appreciate a good bike when you see one

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Ducati's are great bikes. My old roomate has a Ducati Monster and that thing was amazing. It handled like a dream. He actually bought if from some girl in California, and had it shipped to Philladelphia, Pennsylvania. No problems as I recall. Not sure how she had it packed and shipped but just ask around and find out how it should be done, then make sure the guy is doin just that same thing. I dont know maybe call the post office or a UPS or DHL store and see if they have any info on how it would be done. If that fails call a Ducati dealership and get their two cents. Goodluck!!

so you guys think that's a pretty reasonable price, with the mileage and the year. i hear you can put the computer chip in it, do give it that extra power, like the new 1000cbr honda's is that right

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    have it shiped Forward Air...there will be no problems. and will probaly be less than $500.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    lol, thore, if you know this little about bikes, a new liter bike is not for you.

#1, what kind of duc? 749? 999? Monster? What size? At that price and year, i'll guess a 999.

You dont need a chip (there is none, you'd be looking for a fuel management system for throttle response) too make it faster, its already faster than you can handle (which is obvious by the lack of a clue in the posts you make)

I teach MSF in the summer up here. I also do track days and race occasionally. I bought a fatboy for the street. (just in case you want to know why I can tell you what you should or shouldnt ride)..
    ]the cbr1krr does not have or need a "chip" either..

Buy yourself something smaller, say a 500r (honda), an sv650, at the very most, a 600cc sportbike (or a duck 749 if you insist on a duc) take a safety course, and learn to ride before you get in over your head...

Feel free to ask me anything else you may need to know...

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Evil Predator brings up some good points here...
    Have you ridden anything to see what bike or size would be most compatible with your body structure or riding habits?

That's a big chunk of change to throw at a bike that you are not 100% convinced on.

Rememeber to never make it an emotional decision - be practical and safe when it comes to bikes.

Okay that's my 2 cents. - Good Luck!

thanks for the responses guy's. ya i have road before, dirt bikes, harley sportser, and honda 600. i liked the honda 600 just wanted to try the ducati yes it is a 999. the main reason i wanted it, is because there is about an 500 mile distance from anyone that has one around where i live and now all my boy's are getting the honda 1000 just wanted to be different. no i don't now to much about the ducati. except for sitting on it. the dealer i was at last month, said he didn't allow people to test drive them at his place. if that's true anywhere else i don't now. the computer chip was something i heard, didn't now if it was legit or not. what about the price, and stuff what do ya think. thanks again, and any other feedback is apprecitaed. it is a lot of money, so i would like to now i'm getting the right deal for the bike

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Well, sounds like you've been around the block.
    I've not shopped Ducati but I would be looking at something explained like this one if I was buying my first...

Thread Information