G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

Death from steroid use?

i recently saw a 10minute documentary (this was posted on a thread a few months ago) saying that roids were perfectly safe and that no one had ever died as a direct result of steroid use

i dont think they are halve as dangerous as the bad press makes out they are provided they are used responsibly

but what about irresponsible use - surely if someone took 100mg dbol a day for a year his liver would collapse and he'd die right?

so how canthey say thats not directly linked?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i recently saw a 10minute documentary (this was posted on a thread a few months ago) saying that roids were perfectly safe and that no one had ever died as a direct result of steroid use

i dont think they are halve as dangerous as the bad press makes out they are provided they are used responsibly

but what about irresponsible use - surely if someone took 100mg dbol a day for a year his liver would collapse and he'd die right?

so how canthey say thats not directly linked?
    over indulging in most things will most probably help you end up on a slab mate.

musselman is offline Junior Member
    There is a difference between use and abuse...

so can missuse lead to death?

or did these people (eg all these wrestlers that keep dying) have a defective heart/liver to begin with

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    so can missuse lead to death?

or did these people (eg all these wrestlers that keep dying) have a defective heart/liver to begin with
    bear in minds mate that the deaths tha t have occured have been from not just steroid abuse but also abuse of narcotics alcohol and pain killers,mixed together for years mate.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    over indulging in most things will most probably help you end up on a slab mate.
    does this mean pies aswell?

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Lyle Alzado died from brain cancer caused from steroids at 42

****although there is no medical link between steroids and brain lymphoma Alzado was certain the drugs were the cause of his cancer****
    Last edited by craneboy; 01-06-2006 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy

but who's to say he wouldnt have got brain cancer if he didnt use steroids ?

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

They did an autopsy on Alzado and I remember them saying that they have absolutely no direct evidence steroids caused his brain cancer.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Correct you are USfighterFC.

~SC~

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    How the hell did they prove that ? Complete load of crap. My daughter died of Brain Cancer as well, she was three and a half and she certainly wasnt doing gear !!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Unlike DNP and insulin , AASs cannot cause immediate death. They can cause premature death, however. Mainly due to cirrohsis of the liver and heart disease. If used properly this wont even happen.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Unlike DNP and insulin, AASs cannot cause immediate death. They can cause premature death, however. Mainly due to cirrohsis of the liver and heart disease. If used properly this wont even happen.
    DNP is crazy stuff, i ran it last year for about 10 days. Its great though, but you gotta be careful!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Let me ask you this... what would kill you quicker, a clean diet with a good workout routine and AAS or eating fast food 7 days a week without exercise?

My point is IMO fast food is more poisonous than AAS... especially when you take into account the life styles that go with them.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm glad that there isn't deaths associated with it. Amagine how more taboo ass use would be if there was.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    Let me ask you this... what would kill you quicker, a clean diet with a good workout routine and AAS or eating fast food 7 days a week without exercise?

My point is IMO fast food is more poisonous than AAS... especially when you take into account the life styles that go with them.
    great point!
    What more can be said?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Yep - Look at the movie "Super Size Me" - That dudes liver values shot through the roof after a month of McD's

His doctor was in disbelief.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Yep - Look at the movie "Super Size Me" - That dudes liver values shot through the roof after a month of McD's

His doctor was in disbelief.
    What a dull movie. There was no humor in that movie as suggested, at all.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    I'm glad that there isn't deaths associated with it. Amagine how more taboo ass use would be if there was.

yeah, in most cultures, anal is still very taboo, what a shame

system admin is offline Owner
    AAS use is only taboo because it makes, already gym dedicated people into huge men.... where as the people who claim it is taboo are the ones eating hamburgers and sitting in front of their couch passing up a pick up game at the local court. AAS use in moderation should be looked at as nothing more than a social buzz (from drinking) if you ask me.

bc

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    His form of brain cancer is common in people with aids.

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    AAS use is only taboo because it makes, already gym dedicated people into huge men.... where as the people who claim it is taboo are the ones eating hamburgers and sitting in front of their couch passing up a pick up game at the local court. AAS use in moderation should be looked at as nothing more than a social buzz (from drinking) if you ask me.

bc

Exactly

and this is what annoys me so much - i had an argument with some of my mates yesterday cos they werre all asking my why i did it, and kept telling me about all these wrestlers that died

- and there the ones eating crap, binge drinking and shoving shit up their nose all day -

and no matter how much u explain it to them it doesnt get into their stupid thick heads

they just think, and always will steroids = bad

so annoying

StevePJC is offline Member
    I wrestled full time for four years and part time for another four years. In that time I saw two people I considered friends die. One was from non-steroid use . It was a freak thing. The other died of heart failure. Now, both used steroids , sometimes heavily. Both when on, followed the year round cycle of heavy, then mild, continuously.

The one that died of heart failure was a heavy drinker his entire career that was able to lay off the booze until just before he died. A binge, reminiscing with an old friend, lead to his heart finally giving out. In talking to his wife several months after he died, (Who was also a doctor at the hospital he died) she claims steroids were responsible for his death. So was the alcohol. So were the painkillers. She divides the blame in quarters; 25% Steroids, 25% Pills, 25% booze, 25% Him.

Sad thing but unfortunately that is the "accepted lifestyle" that wrestlers feel like is ok to fall into. "It's normal" or "Everyone goes through it" is the most common things I used to hear.

A well known wrestler who I will not name once told me after a show, “If the booze don’t get you the pills will, If the pills miss, the road will get you, and if you can duck that, the business never misses. Gets you every time.” He said this as he was shoving a needle with 2cc’s of Test C in his thigh. He then looked up at me holding the needle up, and said, “And this brother…. This is just part of the business.”

Steroids can be done safely. I think everyone here agrees with that statement. (No shit 'eh?) Hell if I had access to Test C I would go back on it in a heartbeat, all beit in MUCH lower doses. (Heart attack from heavy use several years ago) My whole point of this post is the wrestlers point of view. If I had to guess, how many wrestlers who make it to the “New York” level (WWE Contracted) are using growth hormone or gear I would put the number at 97% with a 3% margin of error. You know the smart ones who live to see their 50th birthdays. Point being, there are stupid ones, there are un lucky ones, and there are lucky ones, which is which and how to decipher between them is a whole different story.
    Last edited by StevePJC; 01-09-2006 at 01:44 AM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    very interesting read..

thanks for that steve

so essentially the answer is yes - you can die as a DIRECT result of steroid use ...

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    yeah, in most cultures, anal is still very taboo, what a shame

haha .. what a clown

candyman md is offline Junior Member
    Users and abusers make all the difference. Now I am not trying to start any problems, however, a very good point was made about Lyle Alzado and the brain cancer he died from being associated with aids patients. I have spent alot of time around the NFL, mostly after Alzado died. There has always been a rumor that he died from aids, however, at that time it was looked at as a "gay" disease. It wasn't until after Magic came clean, that he was diagnosed with hiv, that the public became aware that "hetero" people were now contracting the disease. Now folowing how Alzado acted during his career, it is safe to say that he always liked the party circuit. I am sure, as with most pro athletes, he had his pick of ladies on any given night. Now I DO NOT HAVE ANY PROOF OF THE AIDS CLAIM! I AM ONLY REPEATING WHAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT IN INNER CIRCLES FOR YEARS! I will say that the last thing Lyle Alzado wanted was to be looked upon as a "gay" footbal player. If it was after the time that Magic had contracted HIV, I beleive, (this is only my opinion) Alzado would have been more up front about his plight, considering how accepted Magic became. For now I just know, after speaking to experts in the field, he did not die from steroids .

StevePJC is offline Member
    My theory on Alzado, although certainly wrong, was his tumor was caused by excessive PCT drugs. Always thought too much clomid can lead to tumors.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    does this mean pies aswell?
    YES !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Death from steroid use?-untitled.jpg  

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

100% agree....

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Abuse of any substance can kill. We are all going to die some day anyway. I plan on being buried in a "Athletic fit" casket.

Akrus423 is offline Useless Member

AAS ain't healthy for you or any med for that matter. Any med will help you in one area but make u worse in the other.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Abuse of any substance can kill. We are all going to die some day anyway. I plan on being buried in a "Athletic fit" casket.
    fvck that shit man if i'm gonna die it's gonna be as an old man but who wasnt a vegetable and can still do shit but had an unfortunate bungy jump.

Logan13 is offline Banned

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    How the hell did they prove that ? Complete load of crap. My daughter died of Brain Cancer as well, she was three and a half and she certainly wasnt doing gear !!
    Sorry about your loss my friend. I hope that the family is doing well.

system admin is offline Owner
    You will have to dig up proof about a death due to steroids and mail it to me.

With all of the people who use steroids ... why dont we have PROOF. We can die of a Bee sting and can PROVE that the death was caused by that bee, but millions of users can use steroids and they can not prove any death related to steroid use .

I am NOT saying that it is not possible... but, look at the reports. If someone does while on steroids... it is because of self inflicted wounds, other drugs (that are known killers), alcohol, or some other activity that is known to kill. Why are there 45k active users on this site for over 5 years and we know of not ONE steroid related death?

Wouldnt we of all people be the first to see that they were killers?

Bc

Bc

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Sorry about your loss my friend. I hope that the family is doing well.
    Thanks Logan, everyone is doing fine

Thread Information