Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49
  1. #1
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659

    Can someone tell the history of AR?

    I noticed that the earliest members only go back to "08-14-01". Did this forum not exist before then? Also what has happened with the name since then, what did it start out as, and what is the significance of the 'steroid .com' addition.

    If its not too much trouble, maybe someone knows the history of this site?

  2. #2
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    im interested in this to....anyone

  3. #3
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    bump

    anybody?

  4. #4
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Anabolic Review

  5. #5
    bazerk's Avatar
    bazerk is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    290
    bump

  6. #6
    Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    248
    Thomas jefferson was the co founder but the real guy was Bill gates... Bill gates inveneted AR around the same time the computer was invented.. Bill gates was always a underground juicer and wanted to expand his workout tips and receipes with others as liek him... thats when AR came around

  7. #7
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    Thomas jefferson was the co founder but the real guy was Bill gates... Bill gates inveneted AR around the same time the computer was invented.. Bill gates was always a underground juicer and wanted to expand his workout tips and receipes with others as liek him... thats when AR came around
    .. i like you noob

    Since this isn't a 'message board problem', i'll move it to the lounge

    ~Narkissos

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    IN ANY WRESTLING RING !!!
    Posts
    942

    I thought it went back earlier....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I noticed that the earliest members only go back to "08-14-01". Did this forum not exist before then? Also what has happened with the name since then, what did it start out as, and what is the significance of the 'steroid .com' addition.

    If its not too much trouble, maybe someone knows the history of this site?
    Like 2 or 3 months..I've got on in oct but looked around starting before 9/11..I know there was a few times AR had server problems and or someone was fooling around...At 1 point a few peeps and to rejoin and post counts was lost...this was after one of those server problems..

  9. #9
    hardgainer12's Avatar
    hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    28310
    Posts
    1,301


    I agree w the bill gates thing!!

    Funny! He hides it good!!

  10. #10
    AnabolicAndre's Avatar
    AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pitt/New Jersey/No source
    Posts
    3,604
    no way have you ever seen bill gates chest???

  11. #11
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    It all started when Vin Disel decided to invent the internet. After Vin Disel began creating billions upon billions of websites, AR was created in his image, and soon after AR began getting its name out to the general public, Chuck Norris came into Vin Disel's office and gave him a roundhouse kick to the chest harder than any movie director could imagine, and at that time, Chuck sat down in Vin's chair and decided to open up AR big time by giving it a basic name such as "www.steroid .com" and had thousands of fans join.
    The End.
    Or, the beginning....

  12. #12
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    bill gates chest=non existence chest-6

  13. #13
    system admin is offline Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,136
    The site was created in early 2000 and was www.anabolicreview.com

    It was a tiny community that grew very fast due to same fantastic members. Some are here and some are gone. The site has great history.

    Bc

  14. #14
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    yep, im sure one of those fantastic members that is allowing this site to hit new standards!

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    When I arrived membership increased by 50%!!!



    ~SC~

  16. #16
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Since this isn't a 'message board problem', i'll move it to the lounge

    ~Narkissos
    Yeah, I only posted it there because I knew there had been some server problems and I thought the fact that no members existed before 2001 had something to do with it.

    Nice graphic Swole!!

    SVTmuscle, lovely story

  17. #17
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Thanks, someone made that graphic for me and I just fell in love w/it.

    Something about me in times square.

    ~SC~

  18. #18
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Thanks, someone made that graphic for me and I just fell in love w/it.

    Something about me in times square.

    ~SC~
    GET SWOLE! is bigger than TOYOTA

    Taking on the MNCs as well bro? Nice...

  19. #19
    timvds's Avatar
    timvds is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    958
    I joined up pretty early on. After telling all of my friends and co-workers and whatnot the news of AR spread like VD. Yes, I have made AR what it is today.

    Your Welcome!










    J/K Please don't ban me.

  20. #20
    Mizfit's Avatar
    Mizfit is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    8,966
    the stuff legends is made of huh

  21. #21
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    GET SWOLE! is bigger than TOYOTA

    Taking on the MNCs as well bro? Nice...

    Takin' on the what??

    ~SC~

  22. #22
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    I joined up pretty early on. After telling all of my friends and co-workers and whatnot the news of AR spread like VD. Yes, I have made AR what it is today.

    Your Welcome!










    J/K Please don't ban me.
    Who are you again?

    J/K

  23. #23
    timvds's Avatar
    timvds is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Who are you again?

    J/K
    You must not have gotten the memo.

  24. #24
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Takin' on the what??

    ~SC~
    Sorry, MNC is just an economic term for Multi National Company, such as Toyota.

    See its not going to be funny now, I've ruined it

  25. #25
    DevilsDeity's Avatar
    DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,325
    go here and search anabolicreview it will take you back to 2000 up to today

    http://www.archive.org/

  26. #26
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    i remember reading some of the stuff posted by good old bros like basskiller and so on here and thought i was in the right place when i joined up.. AR its like a teenager, it keeps growing and growing.. i like how it is now, i do however miss some of the older cats and MODS that use to be here... but like everything, ppl come and go.

  27. #27
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,715
    I was a member back in the day. We had a message board set up in 2000 I think. The board migrated to this format in aug 2001. It was very small and tightly nit. I loved it. I knew what cycles everyone was on and we shared progress reports and journals. It got too big IMO and I stopped posting. I come by once a day just because it's kinda on my daliy agenda ;-)

  28. #28
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    go here and search anabolicreview it will take you back to 2000 up to today

    http://www.archive.org/
    Wow - thats a crazy archive site...

    Anyone remember this?

  29. #29
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i remember reading some of the stuff posted by good old bros like basskiller and so on here and thought i was in the right place when i joined up.. AR its like a teenager, it keeps growing and growing.. i like how it is now, i do however miss some of the older cats and MODS that use to be here... but like everything, ppl come and go.

    I agree I do miss a lot of the older bro's that were here. I'm always wondering if they're posting at any other boards.

  30. #30
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    I feel old compared to others in this thread..

    But good to see others from 2001 still around

  31. #31
    PrairieDawg's Avatar
    PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,874
    no one knows for sure but scientists believe it was the big bang theory in which AR was created.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    pre-med
    Posts
    793
    Blog Entries
    2
    I heard the admin (bc) is really Chuck Norris incognito... Thats why I joined.

  33. #33
    timvds's Avatar
    timvds is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by mister.fantastic
    I heard the admin (bc) is really Chuck Norris incognito... Thats why I joined.
    You blew his cover brutha, prepare yourself for a wicked roundhouse!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    pre-med
    Posts
    793
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    You blew his cover brutha, prepare yourself for a wicked roundhouse!


  35. #35
    system admin is offline Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,136
    I am DEA and have been secretly busting the large undergroup roid lords of the US

    bc

  36. #36
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    I am DEA and have been secretly busting the large undergroup roid lords of the US

    bc
    thats not even remotely funny

  37. #37
    FROST's Avatar
    FROST is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    I am DEA and have been secretly busting the large undergroup roid lords of the US

    bc












  38. #38
    devil1's Avatar
    devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    working:(
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    I am DEA and have been secretly busting the large undergroup roid lords of the US

    bc

  39. #39
    damiongage's Avatar
    damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pergatory
    Posts
    3,454
    this site has changed alot.....even since i joined.

  40. #40
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    once upon a time, a long long time ago!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •