Logan13 is offline Banned

UFC: Hughes vs. Gracie

Hughes vs. Gracie
    Who will win and why?

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Hughes vs. Gracie
    Who will win and why?
    Hughes all the way. Not only is he friggin STRONG as all hell, he is also younger than Gracie and a lot more compact. Gracie is a tall guy, and I have much respect for the guy he is a living legend, but Matt Hughes is going to be like a little spider monkey pounding away at an ape while he crawls all over him.

My 2c's, can't WAIT for Feb 4th!

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I think a lot of it is going to depend on the rules. I bet they let Royce wear a gi, which will be bad news for Matt since Royce is even better with the gi. I really don't know how many fighters Matt has faced in gi's either? As far as pure ground game I don't think Matt can beat Royce. But, I don't think Royce, like a lot of the Gracies has kept up to date with the latest/best fighting styles. A lot has changed since UFC 1. I think it will be a cool fight to see as long as the rules don't get totally changed in Royce's favor.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    I think a lot of it is going to depend on the rules. I bet they let Royce wear a gi, which will be bad news for Matt since Royce is even better with the gi.
    I thought gi's were no longer acceptable attire in UFC? Good point though, that will make a big difference in terms of throwing and the like

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    I thought gi's were no longer acceptable attire in UFC? Good point though, that will make a big difference in terms of throwing and the like

Royce is all about the Gi. Him and the gi go hand in hand....I bet they also change the time limit rule as well. Since Royce seems to be able to fight for hours on end.

solid-d is offline Member
    MAtt Huges in round 1

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Hughes was incredibly humble last night. I would put money on hughes in a second. I've never practiced in a gi, but I think you guys are over estimating royce's dependency on the gi. One thing is for sure, this fight has potential.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    i am gonna be surprised if Matt Hughes wont take it relatively easily. Royce is a legend and all that but he hasnt done so well recently against not so great opponents.. latet being the latest k1 dynamite show..

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    It had better be a good fight. Or else I'm gonna kick somebody's ass. It will, of course, belong to neither of those two gentlemen. Wouldn't go near them if I needed to urinate worse than any living organism that urinates has ever had to urinate before and one of those two guys had the only toilet within a 455662549 mile radius (the nearest toilet is way out in space).

Unoid is offline Member
    is gracie gonna be required to come in at a weight limit comparable to matt?

gracie could pack on and fight 20-30lbs heavier being so much taller.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    I think a lot of it is going to depend on the rules. I bet they let Royce wear a gi, which will be bad news for Matt since Royce is even better with the gi. I really don't know how many fighters Matt has faced in gi's either? As far as pure ground game I don't think Matt can beat Royce. But, I don't think Royce, like a lot of the Gracies has kept up to date with the latest/best fighting styles. A lot has changed since UFC 1. I think it will be a cool fight to see as long as the rules don't get totally changed in Royce's favor.

Royce cannot wear the Gi and no special rules as in Pride/K-1 because the NSAC (Nevada State Athletic Commision) controls everything.

Royce knew this and has finally accepted, he has been fighting without the Gi top the last few years (3 fights anyway).

Royce cannot and will not put on 20-30lbs..that is ridiculous. The most he fought at so far was 190lbs and he was far from muscular.

As of right now the fight is scheduled to be at 175lbs making it a Non-Title fight. Things may change...more to come.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 01-17-2006 at 09:39 PM.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    as much as i like royce matt is going to slam and then ground and pound till mccarthy stops the fight. royce will not tap but he will lose.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Royce cannot wear the Gi and no special rules as in Pride/K-1 because the NSAC (Nevada State Athletic Commision) controls everything.

Royce knew this and has finally accepted, he has been fighting without the Gi top the last few years (3 fights anyway).

Royce cannot and will not put on 20-30lbs..that is ridiculous. The most he fought at so far was 190lbs and he was far from muscular.

As of right now the fight is scheduled to be at 175lbs making it a Non-Title fight. Things may change...more to come.
    I would rather see BJ Penn take on Matt Hughes. Benn handled Matt pretty easily the last time they faced each other. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

The event is gonna be in Nevada for sure?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    The event is gonna be in Nevada for sure?

Yeah, even if it were in California the exact same rules apply plus the UFC will not switch rules for one even verses another.

I have been informed today that Royce is not going to be allowed to wear Gi Pants due to NSAC sanctioning rules.

Royce in his own words and regarding "Internet Warriors talking smack" from The Underground Forum:

"No its not for the title. I have a long term deal with K-1, this is just one fight that K-1 and UFC worked out together. The fight is 3x5 min rounds, under standard UFC rules".

"Thank you guys. All of you, even the shit talkers. Without shit talkers, life would be boaring. I want to thank all of you for your support. i have been at this game for over a decade now and its good to know that so many of you are supportive of me.

do not bash the shit talkers too much, donot forget the are still fans, and guess what, they can talk all the shit, but when i fight, they buy tickets and buy ppv and i thank them for that".

"OK, lets put this to rest right now. You want to know my rationale for taking this fight. Because I like challanges, and this will be a challange. People on here sit around and talk a lot of shit, Akebono is a chump and anyone with a blue belt level can beat him, really - 320 over my weight, and I submitted him in 2min 13 sec, untill you have tryed that do not talk. The guys I beat in the UFC any blue belt can beat them, well next time you see Ken or Kimo or Dan Severn or Patt Smith, I suggest you bring that up to them, and hope you have your blue belt on, its not going to help you.

I like challanges, and this is a challange that is why I took the fight, I am taking a pay cut to fight this one, and also fighting under standard UFC rules, I can't even wear gi pants.

Royce"

wow....short fight.....this is starting to sound worse and worse.

Thread Information