KingJames23 is offline Associate Member

Ok i think im way 2 obsessed with weightlifting and nutrition...!!!!

Ok, i swear im on the internet over 9 hours a day researching and learning. My eyes start to hurt so i have to take breaks.I plan my whole day around working out as well as my meals. Ive completely given up drinking(Im a college freshman, 18, and can't remember the last time i was drunk) and that other rec stuff. You would have to pay me to name a fast food joint by name never the less get me to eat at one. My entire winter break has been lifting, eating, and sleeping. Ive given up going out certain times i wanted too(example tonight) because i knew i wouldnt get the proper amount of sleep, if any, and would waste my workout. Ive gotten to the point where i lift more for health and appearance then for football*pretty much always been like this though* My dream job would be to open up my own weight gym and help people achieve their goals. Not to many feelings(if any) compare to the way the body feels after a great lift!!!

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i totally agree with you bro, working out is an addiction. ive been told many times that i take it to an unhealthy extreme but i really dont care, its something that i am absolutely obsessed with and im willing to do whatever it takes to achieve my goals.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    hey man, im totally in the same boat as you, im 19 an a sophmore in college, you have the exact dream as me.
    but it is such an epidemic, and normal people dont understand, especially giving the fact im not exactly contest ready yet, but it like saying someone who loves football and follows everything about it, "hey why dont you look like you play".
    but soon enough, i'll be contest ready and show all those people who doubted me and made fun of my obsession; everything, they cannot be.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Guys you're freshman in college....best time you'll ever have in your lives.....get off the internet and get drunk and get laid. I'm not being disrespectful but dont waste any of your time in college, it's the best time you'll ever have and it will blow you right by.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I'm a 20 year old college student and my idea of fun is training and reading everything from nutrition to philosophy and science . And I'm having the best time of my life doing just that. But I'm a dork

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Guys you're freshman in college....best time you'll ever have in your lives.....get off the internet and get drunk and get laid. I'm not being disrespectful but dont waste any of your time in college, it's the best time you'll ever have and it will blow you right by.
    well said, unless you are planning to make a career out of bodybuilding, go out a live a little

the_rebirth is offline Member
    I would not say your obsessed at all, in fact its a great thing that at your age you can be focused in something that makes you feel great. Your mind is a very powerfull thing and that you have a passion for what you are currently doing I would say go for it and look into a job in the fitness industry. When I was 21 and fat and started gettin fit people used to tell me why are you so obsessed, now 4 years later me being "obsessed" has helped me in all areas of total life improvement! So kudos to you
    keep on lifting!

3DS

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    bruh im already there

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    obsessed is a word that fat, lazy, out of shape people use for dedication!!

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    that is very true, and i def have my share of good times, but im beginning to manage my bodybuilding world with my college world. but, that is a good realization you had for me right there. but the problem is, my mind is so set on guilt and negative thoughts that when i cheat and have a stereotypical college night, i feel like sheet the next day and think of myself as nothing better than the person next to me when it comes to physique and muscles. and i just cant stop thinking about all the hours i put in the gym and out of the gym working on my body to throw it away for a few hours of drunkeness college life.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    that is very true, and i def have my share of good times, but im beginning to manage my bodybuilding world with my college world. but, that is a good realization you had for me right there. but the problem is, my mind is so set on guilt and negative thoughts that when i cheat and have a stereotypical college night, i feel like sheet the next day and think of myself as nothing better than the person next to me when it comes to physique and muscles. and i just cant stop thinking about all the hours i put in the gym and out of the gym working on my body to throw it away for a few hours of drunkeness college life.

Believe me your not throwing them away unless your drinking all the time. You have a long time to accomplish your bodybuilding goals but only one real shot at the good times of going to college. I joined the Corps when I was 18 years old so i never had the experience of college you have right now. All of my friends would speak of it like it was the best thing in the world and here I was busting my ass all the time. And now I commute to college in Manhattan and wish I had the time you had. I went to my friends schools when I was home and realized how much of a good time I was missing and it bothered me a lot. Dont let these years blow by you, they'll be in the past before you know it. I'm not saying give up training. Train hardcore like you always have, just have a little fun also, it won't hurt anyone, especially yourself........well in the long run maybe lol

chest6 is offline Banned
    You arent weird im the same way. Im a freshman too and I drank once all last semester. I think the same thing..sometimes when I go out I will bring food with me and set an alarm on my phone on when to eat it. I know what ya mean after the great lift you just feel really good afterwards.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i get hammard like once a month i always take the last weekend of the month off and eat, drink what ever, except coke i will never drink soda that shit is horrble

yeah i never drink soda, i just stragiht up dont like it anyways. but i think i'll set myself to drinking like, twice a month and having good times like steve0

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    There are far worse things you could be hooked on! Count your blessings and lift on Brother!

chest6 is offline Banned
    true I havent had more than 2 sodas I was forced to drink in 5-6 years.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the obsession will fade after a couple of years.

If you think lifting is controling your life and you feel you miss out. Do something about it. Otherwise its not a bad thing to be obsessed about

Thread Information