Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

This spring is going to be harsh

Jesus christ I have my work cut out for me.

My girl and me have decided to move togheter so this summer I will move to the town she lives in and switch university.
    Now the thing is the first year I went to my current uni I was a big screw up. Depressed, unmotivated and shit so I flunked alot of courses. Fortunaly in sweden if we dont pass a course or want to raise a grade we just have to take the next examn in the course, not go through the entire course again. So I took a year of studying and did the 2 most important exams from the first year during that year off. Now Im into the second half of the second year and this year has been awsome so far. But I still got courses left from the first year that I want to finish before I switch university.

So I have 4 examn in the courses Im going to take this spring, 3 examns that I want to do just to raise my grade in those subjects(linear algebra, many variable calculus and electromagnetic fields). I didnt get the highest grade in those 3 because of pure stupidity on the exam days so it wont be a overwhelming effort to remind myself of the content. I also have 2 examns from the first year I need to do in courses I failed.

I also want to get into shape again so I need to start working out 4 times a week again and start to acctualy follow a diet. Right now Im fat, skinny and have been of the juice for 4 months. I have grown a nice set of manbobs and love handles

Just wanted to vent. I already have nightmares for this spring

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    dont worry yourself johan you will sort everythin out!
    how did you get on in those exams have you the results yet??

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Am sure your not fat and skinny bro. .. far from it. Am sure you will do it. We have good faith in you. You are doing a lot better than anything i could ever do!

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    step it up and take on the challenge on head first, you can do it. You seem like youre a good dude. good luck to you!

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    You still with that girl who is like 30? I've considered moving out, but I've come to the conclusion that it will jsut add un-needed stresses in my life that will ultimately take away from the total ammount of time for academics. We are the same age Johan and both take education seriously, and at the stage of the game we really can't get involved in a relationship at that level. IMO time is too precious to sacrafice for a relationship at this point in life. You are showing anxiety from the upcoming events, and you're already lagging behind in training and fitness as you put it. Changing universities also seems a little extreme to me, hopefully they have a similar program and all of your credits xfer. This just seems like a big commitment that you may not be 100% ready for or even want to do. Just do what you want, and get laid on the weekends. That's what college is all about.

Thanks bros

Beer I hear ya. Its the same one. I realy love this girl so there is no doubt in my mind. Switching to the university in her town is something Im going to have to do aswell. The uni I am studying at currently doesnt have any astrophysics, just solid state physics and theoretical physics.
    I did a misstake choosing it from the begining. Didnt plan ahead as I should have done.

Switching wont be a problem fortunaly I have already talked to the student councelors. The swedish uni/college system is made in a way that makes switching very easy. My third year will be a bit different from the third year students at the uni I switch to because of the differences in year 1 and 2. But second half of year 3 and year 4 is totaly made up of individualy selected courses.

Booz I got the best grade on one of the exams and 1 point away from best grade on the other That is one of the exams Im going to do again to raise my grade.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    You seem quite fond of the older women. I've never been involved with a girl more than a year older than me. I would think as far as relationships go an older woman would be a lot "better" to talk to because they would probably be more mature and opinionated. I know here in the states, most girls my age like to talk about pop culture, but I view as an even trade off because their body's still firm. But I could never love one of these superficial girls, i need a like minded, well read, intelligent girl for that. Unfortunatly here in the states, even at college, they are FEW and far between (and when I do find one, they're usually ugly )

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I thought you were still hitting milf's? when did you get a girl? p.s. don't ever move in with a girl, you will hate her after a while. (sounds great, the sex, etc. but that stops fast )

yeah beer I enjoy the company of older chicks much more
    I just dont connect well mentaly with women my age. I have meet a few but not many.

goodcents I have been seeing her since april

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    I could never love one of these superficial girls, i need a like minded, well read, intelligent girl for that. Unfortunatly here in the states, even at college, they are FEW and far between (and when I do find one, they're usually ugly )
    I hear ya. Looks like I'll have to put off my moving to the states in the hope of finding a nice gal to settle down with, based on this collegiate intelligence.

Ugly isn't good. The intelligent mature types are often ugly, but I'm hoping to hit the jackpot. Unfortunately my uni is full of sluts and whores...and a good rack isn't a good enough reason to marry one of them

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    sounds like a big load im sure you'll be ble to pull it out from whaty i have read from your post your a pretty smart dude

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    The uni I am studying at currently doesnt have any astrophysics, just solid state physics and theoretical physics.
    I did a misstake choosing it from the begining. Didnt plan ahead as I should have done.
    Good luck in school, broly!

So you're going into astrophysics at your new school from theoretical at your old one?

:cow:

thanks.

Yeah astro it is

Thread Information