-DedicateD- is offline Member

How to keep motivated?

How does everyone keep their motivation up when facing some time off?? I did some damage to my shoulder and I'm looking at 1-4 weeks off from upperbody workouts. Im already finding it difficult to keep my diet in check. Im wondering what the point is when im not lifting anyway. Im gunna drop my calories a little bit since I will not be getting as much activity in general. I have plenty of free time to sit around and read the boards about what im missing out on. Any advice?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    cardio...veins are nice motivation....

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    cardio...veins are nice motivation....

Funny, but true. I love going to the gym and feeling the pump from my workouts except my legs are hard to pump, but i will get them there. I love my veins, they stick out all the time. Arginine and Clen and Nolva With lots of water and Protein, and my arms and body look like a road map.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-
    How does everyone keep their motivation up when facing some time off?? I did some damage to my shoulder and I'm looking at 1-4 weeks off from upperbody workouts. Im already finding it difficult to keep my diet in check. Im wondering what the point is when im not lifting anyway. Im gunna drop my calories a little bit since I will not be getting as much activity in general. I have plenty of free time to sit around and read the boards about what im missing out on. Any advice?

Cardio bro, Then eat oatmeal and eggs and Fruit right after and take your Vitamins you need to, but keep the cardio up and your motivation will follow.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    sometimes shit happens to bring life into perspective

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    SEX... as wild and crazy as you can make it. Get lost in it. Do stuff you would not want people to know that you do. Do stuff you never had the nerve to do before. Do stuff that makes you go "ewwww, gross" when you see it in a vid. Let yourself go. Stay in touch with your hormones.

Love
    Anna

haha i appreciate all the advice...even the more "unconventional" ideas...its a common thing for me to be at my peak and then fall into a setback...just 2 months ago or so i was going strong and had an accident where some weight dropped on my chest....took 2 weeks off and worked back where i was plus a little more....then a i had a bad sinus infection...took another week off and made up ground....now a little shoulder injury...i do learn alittle from every experiance... i learned to always wrap up the bar when using thumbless grip....and now i learned to warm up properly and take the time to do the stupid rotator cuff exercises b4 heavy lifting...i have done alot of cardio in the past, my concern is that too much will make me drop ALOT of weight in the process...?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    sometimes shit happens to bring life into perspective
    Man, ain't that the truth!

~SC~

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    I worked a 12 hr a day job 4 3 months and didnt have time to do anything!! So now im tryin to come back to what i was. I just remember how cool it was to lift as heavy as i did and it motivates me! Of course heavy to me isnt to most on this site!!! I was proud to dumbell press 80's!!

Its all about the return......

Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-
    Its when you return thats gets you pumped...think about how much better your gonna be. Think about all the athletes that have returned from an injury wrestling, boxing, football, basketball...Its so mental

yeah im already looking forward to lifting again without pain....or for that matter waking up without pain...i know lifting is not a race, and that everything takes time but i still feel that each day im not being productive is another day i could have been improving...time to ice, rest, and write up a sick plan for when i get back

chest6 is offline Banned
    just being obsessed as hell helps and having your day revolve around diet/working out and having things that arent important come after. Make them a priority

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    it might help to keep your gains if you lifted light until you are healed completely. when i say light, i mean very light as in 2.5 - 5 pound dumbels for front raises or whatever.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    my gym was closed for 2 weeks over the break so no lifting for me . I just made the best of it my diet kinda slipped a bit but I kept it up for the most part and lost like 3 pounds no biggie. I knew in a little while I would be comming back and thats what kept me going I knew that I would be back sooner or later

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    dude now is the time to hammer your legs and through down some cardio, if i was in urspot i would start barryin my squats and doing about 2 cardio sessions a week

yeah i was thinkin about hittin legs hard...my shoulder gets stretched back in squats though, and just lugging around and lifting weights makes me believe that im still kind of hittin my shoulder...its weird cuz the pain is the same whether im moving/reaching and when im just sitting still ...its just a dull aching constantly from the time i wake up... i was thinkin about cardio a few times i gotta see if i can run if not prob just sit on the bike...either way im just hoping this passes in a week or 2

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Me I just look and try to catch up to the monster in my gym who gets pissed off that we dont have 150lb dumbells to press...

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your should issue. I sometimes get strains and it's depressing to have to rest. I try to ice it and work around it and the last time it happened I was lucky because I only missed shoulders once and I was able to continue with all other upper body. I feel your pain brother. God speed in your recovery.

i appreciate it man... its nice to have a place to go where people share the same passion, and can understand and relate to eachothers experiances...when i voice my problems to others they tend to give me the "so you cant lift for a while like it matters" attitude.

Thread Information