Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member

Quitting Steroids. Going Natural.

So I am into my third week of test e and will take 2 more injections to finish my bottle, and then I am calling it quits for a while.

I have gained about 8lbs since I started my cycle of test e and have had little side effects.

My decision to quit has little to do with everyone here saying that my body is not ready because of my current physical shape not being at its peak naturally.

I am quitting because I recently found out that I am having a child. This will be my first and at the age of 27 I feel that I have too much to risk with the law if I get caught.

My girlfriend (who is carrying our child) is a smoker. She has already tried unsuccessfully, to quit for the benefit of the baby that is 9 weeks along inside her already. I find myself with no defense when I tell her she needs to quit smoking all the while I still get to do my drugs (steroids ).

In an effort to help her quit smoking, I am giving up my dirt as well. Though I am not addicted to steroids, I hope that by showing her my commitment to doing what she asks in this case, that it will be easier for her to quit smoking.

Perhaps I will use steroids again later down the road, but for now I feel I should give them up and continue with my goals the all natural way.

After all, I am going to be a daddy for the first time and I want a healthy child.

Thank you all for your advice thus far for the questions I had in the past.

I hope to continue to get the best advice I could for my achieving my goals without the help of steroids.

Thanks,

Lavinco

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats on your child bro. If that will help your girl realize she needs to quit then do whatever it takes. Family is #1 bro and yea you can always get back on later down the road.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Good man, congrats on it. Your child should be more important than anything in the world. GET YOUR WIFE TO STOP SMOKING!!! I know you said you are trying but show her some pics of birth defects caused by smoking. That should straighten her out. Best of luck.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That's really mannin' up right there, congrats on the baby and on your
    sense of responsibility.

~SC~

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    That is awesome that you are having a kid and glad you have will power to do that. As for your wife I myself am angry that she is putting cigarettes before her own child, I mean that is just horrible and I hope for the child's sake that you can get through to her. I mean lets weigh it...in one hand the life of a child, in the other a pack of cancer causing cigarettes. Not even a choice. Good luck.

-Bino

jeremy11 is offline New Member
    thats a sacrafice that you are willing to make for your wife and hopefully she sees this...it will be worth it in about 7 more months bro

system admin is offline Owner
    My hats off to you. Who cares what others think. You are a man and you are doing what men do.

Congrats on the baby, but if you woman continues to smoke... you need to man up again and take a SERIOUS stance on this issue.

my opinion only.

Bc

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    My hats off to you. Who cares what others think. You are a man and you are doing what men do.

Congrats on the baby, but if you woman continues to smoke... you need to man up again and take a SERIOUS stance on this issue.

my opinion only.

Bc
    what he said. You do realize what can happen if she continues? It won't be good and this is a human life we are talking about.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Congrats on the baby, I have two children myself. Be careful not to come to logger heads with your girlfriend regarding quitting the smokes. Some people can find it easy, while I've read reports that for others it can be as hard as coming off smack.

Regarding the steroids . I'm off them almost four years now. At 27yrs old your probably lifting for a good number of years and have made solid gains. In which case you'll continue to grow, I have. I took the time off steroids to look closer at my diet and supplements to continue my gains.

Please accept my kindest regards for you, your GF and your unborn child. I hope you all have a brilliant and healthy future ahead.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    good luck

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for all the support and encouragement!

Believe me C-Bino, I am angry about her smoking too. So angry in fact, that I am giving up something of my own so that she will too in order to have a healthy child.
    She has cut back to 4 ciggs a day for now though which I praise her for.

I don't smoke myself and don't get what the whole kick is all about anyways. I tried it for a while but hated every minute of it for 3 months. I mean if you really think about it, it's ****ing retarded to sit around and puff away your future.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    i seen the title for this thread and im very glad to see that there is no negative comments about quitting steroids ...its nice to see how supportive everyone is of such a good thing a man is doing for his family

you will look back years down the road and be very happy with your decision im sure i have a lot of respect for what you are doing and your reasons for doign it

best of luck to you

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    i seen the title for this thread and im very glad to see that there is no negative comments about quitting steroids ...its nice to see how supportive everyone is of such a good thing a man is doing for his family

you will look back years down the road and be very happy with your decision im sure i have a lot of respect for what you are doing and your reasons for doign it

best of luck to you

He's a puss, we're just being nice, J/k

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    He's a puss, we're just being nice, J/k

But seriously, way to step up to the plate Bro!
    Glad to hear that you're not hounding her about the smoking - it will send some people over the edge...and you don't want that while she is carrying this baby! (Congratulations by the way)

There is the patch, gum, cigarette substitutes, hypnotism - you get the idea.
    Just introduce the subject of alternatives and see what she says.
    I would also see if you can get a hold of her OB/GYN on the side so that they can work the whole medical side of dangers with her.
    Hate to say it, but sometimes people will listen to a third party before they take heed from a loved one.

Hope all goes smooth for the three of you!

decadbal is offline Banned
    congrats on becoming a father, My boy is due in may.. i currently am debating retiring from the stuff for good. its alot harder than i ever thought though. i think about my health in the long term and the prechious years i might be losing later with him, and i wanna quit, then the competive, bullheaded side of me pops up and wants to keep goin. as of late tho, i plan to drop it all after the only show i plan to do this year. im planning on it anyway. for him and my girl... she hates the stuff and is super scared of it. anyway, congrats on the baby bro.. and takes a hell of a person to sacrifice something important to you, for another.. god bless

Thread Information