ironmike250 is offline Associate Member

My boss is full of $hit. Need advise

Okay, so about 6 months ago I changed jobs. I was at my previous job for 11 years and needed a change. I talk to my current employer about money and hours before agreeing to anything.

We come to an agreement and I go to work for him.

Here's where the BS comes in...

I am supposed to get an hour paid lunch. But I don't! I can eat while on the clock but still have to answer the phones and help customers. So, sometimes my food gets cold and not eatable.

Next, I was supposed to get a 1000.00 bonus at the end of the year. Sounds good, right? WRONG! I get nothing!

What would you guys do?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    what does he have to say about it?

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Did he sign that all into a written contract? If so, i'd sue him. If it was a more like a verbal contract I'd bring it up to him and be like oh you said... and if he is like blah blah blah I did but... then you can technically bring him to court for that as well, although some may look at it as entrapment?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Confront him about it.

I have not said anything yet. I didn't get it in writing just because I believed him. So you guys think I should just come right out and ask him?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    **** yeah ask him. hide a recorder in your shirt too.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    If it's not on paper and you take him to court he'll just deny everything so it becomes your word against his and it goes nowhere. I would try to bring it up to him but I have a feeling he's just gonna end up pulling the rug out from under you.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    If it's not on paper and you take him to court he'll just deny everything so it becomes your word against his and it goes nowhere. I would try to bring it up to him but I have a feeling he's just gonna end up pulling the rug out from under you.
    Me too. Not only that, but I might lose my job. I make descent money and really don't do much. I just wonder if it's worth risking?
    Not only that, but I could make things "disappear" around here!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Exactly.

~SC~

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Agreed, but check the laws in your state on recording conversations first.

I'd also have another job in the wings, then talk to him.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I would contribute advice, but its likely to be highly illegal and you would end up in a penal colony.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I don't know if u can record someone without there knowledge on private property. check local laws.. if u didn't get it in writing.. u might be shit outta luck

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    He might be waiting to see if you say anything. Just testing to see if you have the balls to confront him or not. If you don't say anything then neither will he.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Definately talk to him about it.

Hard Head is offline Member
    U don't ask, U don't get.

It might be an honest mistake or oversight, your boss might have other things on his mind. Just remind him nicely and place the ball in his court.

If he is taking advantage of you, it will never stop, find a new job or deal with it and know he is fvcking you.

I'll definately take everyones advice. Seems to me that everybody says to confront him. I'll do it and then see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAndre
    Did he sign that all into a written contract? If so, i'd sue him. If it was a more like a verbal contract I'd bring it up to him and be like oh you said... and if he is like blah blah blah I did but... then you can technically bring him to court for that as well, although some may look at it as entrapment?
    Agreed!

You gotta becareful of the tape recorder issue. He can actually sue you for recording him without his consent. Itll probably thrown out of court. I hope you have legal documentation or else the best thing you could probably do is.................threaten to take it public and quit. Unfortunately

I'm going to piss on all the electronics in the store! 1000.00 will seem like a drop in the bucket when I get done messin shit up!

Vengance is mine.

hotstuff is offline Female Member
    The same thing has happened to me. Unfortunately there are employers that will say whatever you wanna hear to get you on board with their company. But if you don't have it in writing your are just SOL.
    In my past experience I saw that my employer had good intentions when hiring me...promising all these "bonuses" etc.. Sometimes they really mean well, but if the company is not doing well, then corporate simply doesn't have the money to shell out. Could that be what happened to you???
    If you are making good money and are happy there you should think about the bigger picture. If your boss is simply just an ass he will get his eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff
    The same thing has happened to me. Unfortunately there are employers that will say whatever you wanna hear to get you on board with their company. But if you don't have it in writing your are just SOL.
    In my past experience I saw that my employer had good intentions when hiring me...promising all these "bonuses" etc.. Sometimes they really mean well, but if the company is not doing well, then corporate simply doesn't have the money to shell out. Could that be what happened to you???
    If you are making good money and are happy there you should think about the bigger picture. If your boss is simply just an ass he will get his eventually.
    I know exactly what you're saying, but it's an independantly owned store. We have 4 emplyees. Him, me and 2 installers. I know he has the money. He spends it like crazy. He just spent a week in Vegas with the wife and kids and before that, he was skiing for a week.

I still think pissing on circuit boards might be good!

Even if you end up recording the guy your just going to be initiating events thats eventually going to lead to unemployment. Picture it. Your gonna tape record him possibly lying to you, say you have the convo on tape that could incriminate him. You'll fight it out in court, then you're fired.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Yep - I agree.
    You've got to approach it professionally and with some tact.
    Start the conversation on a positive and get him in a "Yes" state of mind.
    Ask a couple questions..."Do you think I'm doing a good job" (Yes), "Am I doing what you want for the company" (Yes), Do you remember our discussion of bonus potential when I started (Hopefully a Yes)

I think you get the picture.

musselman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    Me too. Not only that, but I might lose my job. I make descent money and really don't do much. I just wonder if it's worth risking?
    Not only that, but I could make things "disappear" around here!
    You know... it really depends on how satisfied you are with the job... if you are really making good money and not being worked hard... are you really sure you wanna risk it?

The key here is how CONTENTED are you?

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    talk to the guy, tell him that having to work while you eat is one thing, but that you were really counting on the bonus...he may have just forgot, be nice until it's time to not be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Yep - I agree.
    Ask a couple questions..."Do you think I'm doing a good job" (Yes), "Am I doing what you want for the company" (Yes), Do you remember our discussion of bonus potential when I started (Hopefully a Yes)

That might be exactly how I word it. Thanks for the advice...EVEROBODY! We'll see how it goes.
    Thanks again!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Agreed, but check the laws in your state on recording conversations first.

I'd also have another job in the wings, then talk to him.
    we have a winner..

are you hourly?? i assume so.. salaried people are controlled differently....

and if you got a job for $15 per hour, and they only paid you $12 per hour you'd look for another job wouldn't you??

so there ya are
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Yes, the first step would be taking to him. In the meantime, just sip on some protein shakes while taking those calls. haha

He's going down.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Yep - I agree.

Definately the best way of going about it. If it doesn't work out, I'd leave.

Should I kick his ass if it goes south and I have to find another job? The more I think about this, the madder I get. Fvckin ass hole. I mean sure, it's only a grand...but at the same time, it's a fvckin grand!

I thinkthe question becomes how serious of an ass kickin does a thousand dollars constitute?

I'm going to try to do it the civil way first. "Always a professional"
    After that, the gloves are coming off.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    Should I kick his ass if it goes south and I have to find another job? The more I think about this, the madder I get. Fvckin ass hole. I mean sure, it's only a grand...but at the same time, it's a fvckin grand!

I thinkthe question becomes how serious of an ass kickin does a thousand dollars constitute?

I'm going to try to do it the civil way first. "Always a professional"
    After that, the gloves are coming off.

An ass kicking will get you nothing but a trip to jail, and huge headache de****g with the assault charge, on top of being screwed out of $1000.

decadbal is offline Banned
    if that doesnt work, cut off a horses head and tro it in his bed

Thread Information