ripped_82 is offline Member

TO ALL Members and MODS NEW FORUM IDEA!

I thought this would be a good idea and wanted everyones opinion on weather or not this would be a good idea for a new forum.

Since there is a 30+ forum, I feel that it is just as important to have a
    23 and under forum. Because of the dramatic increase of new members that are younger, this would be ideal for them to be able to post questions for people in the same age range as many question would be similar. Please reply.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    It seems to me that a vast amount of the people posting in the Steroid Questions section are young, and that forum works quite well already. I think the reason that the 30+ forum works is because the questions become dramatically different for that age group. There are physical issues that become more prominent for people that are 30+, so it warrants having a separate forum. A 23 and Under forum would be restating much of what is already in the Steroid Questions section, in my opinion. Yes, there are issues unique to the younger crowd, but I feel that it could possibly turn into a forum to flame people for starting too young. I'd rather have the younger crowd hear from experienced users that could give insight and help make decisions based on past experience. I don't think your idea is bad, but I do feel that it wouldn't work on AR.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Anyone else?

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Im afraid I agree with EXCESS. The younger guys are better served in the current forum where they can talk to people their own age AND to guys who have been doing this for 10yrs or more and have lots of personal experience to pass on.

Its true that when I see someone who is 21 or under (Even 23!!) my first post is to tell them that they should train a little longer natural, but if they insist they want to do AS then I will give them as much advice as I can to make sure they do it right!

If there was a -23 forum, I wouldnt be able to do that.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Not to disagree with excess but I think another forum would be the right way to go.There is a different maturity level,they could read the advanced forums and post on there own on there findings.imo

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I think it would be a bad idea ...........If we do have one for the 23 and under then i think we should have one just for people with big dogs ECT.
    The list will go on and on....(IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT)

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    What about people who are 24-29yrs old???

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool New Forum Ideas That Didn't Make It

The administrators and moderators regularly entertain ideas for new forums here at Anabolic Review. We take every idea seriously because of our goal of making A.R. the best and most informative, supportive anabolic and fitness board.

Obviously, not every idea comes to fruition. Here are a few that were considered but ultimately not approved . . .

The 18-Year-Old Lesbian Forum: Rejected because it was perceived that 99-44/100% of the participants would be men.

The African American Forum: Rejected because it was felt that most messages would be written in Ebonics - not by the black guys who can write well, but by white guys who were trying to sound black (known in psychology as "The Eminem Syndrome").

The Gay Male Bodybuilding Forum: Rejected because we felt that too many guys would use the word bitch . . . to describe each other. We already have to spend too much time deleting posts in which straight guys use the term about women; we don't need to watch gay dudes using it about each other.

The People With Big Dogs Forum: Sorry, bex, but it was already considered. It was felt that too many people would read it as big dongs.

The Dogs With Big People Forum: A forum for pets to complain about their bulked-up owners who won't give them any steroids , despite the fact that the owners are using veterinary products in the first place.

The Bro/Bra Forum: For people who feel compelled to use bro or bra at least once in every sentence.

The Cock Forum: Get your minds out of the gutter. This would have been for chickens raised on hormones.

The 4RU Forum: For guys who can't avoid writing u for you, r for are, 4 for for, etc. Their posts would be shorter, but they would actually take longer to read, and their sole attempt at literacy would be The Intellectually Challenged Shakespeare, as in, "Where 4 r u, Romeo?"

The Shouter's Forum: FOR GUYS WHO BROKE OFF THEIR CAPS LOCK KEY. oR wHO pRESSED iT aND aRE tOO dUMB tO rEALIZE iT.

But keep those great ideas coming. We are committed to doing what we can to keep A.R. at the top of everyone's board list!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    oMIGOD tnt, R U 4 real???

That was classic...bro.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    TNT--hilarious.

I think a 23 & Under forum is a bad idea. It implies that AR condones the use of steroids for younger users and AR does not. If the press ever caught wind of that, there would be a sh*tstorm of hurt raining down on the guys who run the board.

The easiest way to get out of trouble is to not get in it in the first place.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    TNT...absolutely hilarious!!!!! I agree with Ajax. 23 and under isn't such a great idea. Early 20s and up should be when someone considers to start using AS, not before.

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    I'm still waitin on a powerlifting forum. to me that would be a great addition.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I agree with Excess,
    Most of the people in the steriod forum are from the younger crowd and to make another would be redondunt.( spell??)
    Obvisouly, TNT has already mentioned the other forums for consideration. he,he.
    Now about the power lifting board. There have been many questions in the past in the workout forum that have addressed power lifting. There are alot of members here that are not actually BB but rather into powerlifting and they have alot of knowledge to learn from. That's probally why we have a power lifting forum now. Check it out. It's really cool.
    IC
    Last edited by Tobey; 05-19-2002 at 07:21 PM.

primodonna is offline Female Member

Re: New Forum Ideas That Didn't Make It

U R FUNNEE AS HELL, BRO
    What happens here, stays here

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    TNT classic bro got to be your best post yet lol

bigtraps is offline Member
    Us Young'ns Should'nt Be Left Alone Without Supervision

Thread Information