LAGMuXle is offline Member

MTV's hit and great education on AAS useage (or abuse depending on who you are)

Truth or Lies?

MTV is releasing the hit show on steroids soon. I just saw the previews for it last night. It is about a kid who supposedly is "addicted" to steroids and uses them incorrectly.

From my understanding, the show is about a kid who overdosed? Or died from AAS use? Who knows. The point the previews made was "kids use steroids , they are bad, they will kill you, you get addicted, etc. etc." They flashed scenes of this kid injecting himself, flicking his pin, and saying things like "you just don't want to stop..." (or some things a long those lines), etc etc.

I'm not saying that it is entirely BS, however, the previews for the show did somewhat bother me. I am not sure if they bothered me because I felt that it was as stereotypical episode (yet again another from MTV) or what.

MTVs description of the new hit series:

"

Flipped
    Flipped is a cross between Fantasy Island and Scared Straight--a new type of reality show where real people become unsuspecting actors in what could be their own worst nightmare. They surrender their lives for 24 hours and face the consequences of their actions or experience the other side of a situation in mock, but very realistic, scenarios.

"

Anyone have any opinions?

I'm sure this will stir up some controversy so lets get the ball rolling

MuX

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    The show that MTV is doing on steriods is part of their True Life series. And it is probably going to be what you thought, bias to one side, the side against AAS use. But if you look through the research, and seen the reports. No one has died from using AAS, they have died from being stupid using other substances, and in some cases they happened to be on AAS at the time of death. It is going to be just like everything else, trying to scare people into thinking AAS use is bad.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    this is the 405,394th thread made about the show comming up bro, go to one of those threads and see what we're talking about

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    this is the 405,394th thread made about the show comming up bro, go to one of those threads and see what we're talking about

My bad, haven't been on here enough to notice. I just saw the preview last night.

I'll take a look around - I thought the show was new.

MuX

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    all these threads, i guess i'll tune in out of curiosity since after the show there will even be more threads started.

Thread Information