Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    theron is offline Associate Member

Most women don't like musclemen.

I always thought that a guy with muscles turned women on but I guess not.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    WHy would you say that. Some women may be turned off by muscle freaks. However, I have found lately that women like a man that has some nice size. If you are cut and ripped then the chics are going to like you. When you go out wear a kind of tight shirt and let the muscles be exposed. But don't go walking around flexing and acting all hard. Be natural. JMO on this issue

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Hmmm...I can see why women would say that, but I don't know if its true. I think some women might have self-confidence issues and use her "preferences" as backup to explain why she can't get a man with a nice body.

sweetgirl is offline Female Member
    hello theron, i dont think that i have met u yet. im Sweetgirl.

anyways, i thought i'de let u know that ' Muscle men , do turn me on 'big time!!! i have always like a guy with a nice chest, and thigh buttoks.. hmmm... and there is nothing more, that turn me on, watching a guy workout, and getting all pumped
    well, he has to know what he is doing too!! ( there 's too many guys at the gym that doesnt know how to workout...)

and i have to say that Butch (nice to meet u ) is absoluthly right. guys that shows off, isnt exacthly a turn on. you need to know how to show-off, and still act natural.... you need to know how to play the game of looking good and acting decent...im sure u know what i mean...

and not that there is anything wrong with small or skinny/ avarage guys, but personnaly, i like my man to be stronger than me, and bigger.. so i can feel secure in his arms.. and ( no offence for short guys ) i like to be able to still wear high heels , and my man is still taller...

...well , my list keeps going on, i am real picky... i hope its not bad.... i just know what i want , and i go after him...
    sweetgirl

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    You could just be an ugly dude... Most women I've come across like a guy with a good build but not the Coleman-Matarrazzo looking guys...I'm about 5'10', 225lbs at probably 8-9% BF and the majority of the women I know or meet, compliment me on my looks/build...

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    You need to go back and read "Education Of A Bodybuilder," by Arnold Schwarzenegger. He had issues like this when muscles were REALLY alien. He'd laugh at the girls that would get grossed out. He'd even give them a nice grin as he bared his flexed biceps to watch the girls cringe. He only paid attention to the girls that were in love with his body that said," He looks like a statue- that's the way a man should look."
    This was when Arnold was still in high school.
    Arnold even adds that girls that get grossed out with muscles are the same type of people who say negative things like,"I heard lifting weights was bad for you."
    They weren't worth Arnold's time, And they're not worth yours.

Most women I encounter looks at the muscle magazines and say yuck why you want to look like that? That's nasty!

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    Originally posted by theron
    Most women I encounter looks at the muscle magazines and say yuck why you want to look like that? That's nasty!
    like your avatar????? i dont wanna look like that...its not me...
    i kin of think its gross

not knocking anyone who does look like that, to each his own...

everyone had personaly preferences

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't care what women thinks, imo opinion there are gonna be more women that likes a man who looks like that, then women who don't. But for me it's not only about the women, it's about the self-challenge, the completion of ones aspirations to turn nothing into something! And that's about it

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry for the cheese

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife hate the way bodybuilders look. The thing is they only look like that a few weeks out of the year. The rest of the time there not nearly that lean and I think that (the 4-6% bf) is what turns a lot of women off.
    That and I think when they are with a big guy the are more self conscience because its like everyone is looking. Hell I like everyone looking but it an ego boost for me. Some women just cant deal IMO.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    In my opinion, it is better to get someone who could understand the training you have gone through before saying yucks!!

Not everyone could look like coleman!!

My advice would be to look as natural and as decent dressed as possible. If you have a good bod even a t-shirt can bring out the beauty.

Therefore, no worries no rush!

thegame01 is offline Member
    I think women love muscle men but a huge % of them dont seem to like the ones that hold a "freak" status .It would seem ,where i live anyways that women like big boy( not too big) with some abs obviously and gotta have legs,small untrained legs looks like shit.The % bf cant be too low and the vacularity has gotta be down .Too much is ugly so they say.
    women!!!!! Gotta love them

jbrand is offline Member
    Happiness really is a result of self-satisfaction. It is much easier to alter your image to appeal to a certain type of woman than to find a woman who accepts you for who you are and what you want to look like.

BTW: I am a complete hypocrite, I have been a complete little bitch in letting every past girlfriend dress me like a goddamn Ken doll .

The main reason why I think we bodybuild is to impress someone we want that attention.

latman49 is offline Member
    I once read an article talking about muscle size and what women like. The article asked men if they would rather be with a woman whose breasts are the size grapefruits or the size of a basketball? Probably no man, or a small percent, would want the woman with basketball tits. It went on to say that women are the same way when it comes to men's muscles, they want the "grapefruit" muscles and not the "basketball" muscles. If a woman had to chose from a guy who is 6'1, 210, 8%bf or a man who is 6'1, 250, 8%bf, 95% will go with the first guy. Women like size but there is a point where big becomes too big.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    people that look at bodybuilders at think they are gross are just uneducated about it. when i was young i thought it looked sick but then i began to understand bodybuilding and the muscles involved and wanted to look like it.........you cant be mad at someone for being stupid.....well maybe u can i dont know

gymaddict is offline Female Member
    Im not big on muscle men...I actually cant think of a time i was very attracted to any real muscular guy. ..I like guys of average size that are healthy and enjoy the gym but arent wrapped up in it....which is funny because i am..maybe i just couldnt put up with someone like me lol.
    [email protected]
    ~Do I Freak You Out Baby!?~
    www.bodybuildingextreme.com

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    BTW: I am a complete hypocrite, I have been a complete little bitch in letting every past girlfriend dress me like a goddamn Ken doll . [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, now that I have to pick myself off the floor on that one. I have been guilty of that one before.

I am also in total agreement with Khull_Khuum that once a person begins to understand bodybuilding and what is involved and lives that life, they will see things the way all bb's do.
    I have alot of friends who trully believe it is a total waste of life to spend so much time in the gym. But when I look at these people and how they live their lives, to me, they don't look happy with themselves. To me, I think the better and healthier we look, the happier we will be. And this is what helps us succeed. Why do you think most sales people are quite attractive. This day and age, the younger, healthier generation is what sells and the older wiser people out their are the ones who loose their jobs over this. It is a fact..Sad but true.
    Did that make any sense ??

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    You are exactly right BabyWeight! I am in sales and can relate to what you are saying. The healthier, better looking people (male or female) are usually (I said usually!) the more successful individuals. Exactly what you are saying about the way you feel about yourself comes across to other people. If you don't have confidence in yourself, then how can someone else have confidence in you?? Also, whether people like to admit it or not, working out is a sign of motivation - it takes a lot of self motivation to dedicate the time required in the gym to look good. With that being said, lack of working out can be a sign of laziness to most people. Anyone agree/disagree? I know I feel better dealing with people that I can tell aren't lazy!

peace,

ttgb

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    MOST, (excluding females on this board, after all it's bbing board), like has been stated don't understand what is envolved in being a BBers, it's a life style so it takes a lot, and if other person is not "into" the lifestyle, of course it doesn't work that well. I think bbers attracked a lot of attention as usually most guys who workout have added confidance, as long as it doesn't turn into being cocky. Plus most pics ppl see of bbers are in contest shape which is not when they look the best as least in terms of face/body etc..... nothing like the dieted down rat face look to turn someone off.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Agree 110%..

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    everybody here is right on. my GF never really liked the muscular look (she liked skinny guys like me... more like a swimmer), until I got her training. Now she knows just how damn hard it is to look like that. suffice it to say her preference changed. she still complains about the ~20 lbs I lost (tore a muscle in my back...couldnt do anything heavy for quite sometime).

Sexual Mustard is offline New Member
    I always say:

Do girls want a MAN, or another GIRL WITH A DICK?

Anyway, my philosophy is to do bodybuilding for YOURSELF. I'm never gonna be a sucker enough for pussy that I would tailor my body to what the general populace wants.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    people i am no way close to jay cutler but I am a big guy, I am 6'2 273 at the moment@ 16 % b/f, i am very happy with my physique at the moment and the reason is b/c most girls are too. the great thing is that I am only 18 years old and plan on getting a shit load more muscular and bigger. The reason I want to get bigger and leaner is b/c I get so much attention right now(positive of course).And I want more attention. when i go into a club or store or even the gym, 80 percent of the time I am the biggest guy and obviously the most built,when I walk bye the girls look at my girl in discust b/c of jealousy and the guys look at me in discuss b/c of jealousy, then they turn around after they pass to check out ma girls back side,this doens't piss me off any but I went to bourbon streeet about a month ago and the guys were getting disrespectful. looking is cool but when you start walking behind us just to stare of course im going to tell you something. but anyway the point is girls like big muscle men,and if they say they dont its just a lack of self confidence,they use their personal preference as a curtain to the truth,they cant get a guy like me.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    wow that sounded pretty conceited,im sorry,im not really conceited like that,it came out a little bit wrong,lol

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    just be careful with the saying something (ie dont be too rude and pick the people carefully). there are a lot of people out there that try to make shit for people. good way to get popped.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it wasn't here on AR, maybe it was on another board they did a survey of what body type a girl liked; the consensus was somewhere between a GQ model and a well-built recreational bodybuilder.

But, 'cuz we are all individuals, the opinions ranged from tall skinny guys to big-ass Mr. Olympia types.

No physique is perfect for everybody (and turns on every woman), so shoot for one that you like and that attracts the largest percentage of the girls you find attractive!

Me, at 40, I still want to look like a slightly beefy Joe Boxer model. (Good luck! ) Lots of work to do before I get there!)

Cali is offline Female Member
    Women's opinions will differ depending on their personal preferences. My sister likes tall skinny guys, I like big muscular guys. It's all in what is appealing to the individual. Not everyone likes to look at art or cars or shoes or whatever, but some do. Do what makes you happy and feel good and the people who are into the same things will eventually migrate the same direction and you'll find some woman who thinks your build (or even more muscular) is the sexiest and all will be right with your world.

Right?

Everyone should look like a pro bodybuilder in this world but that is not going to happen.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by theron
    Everyone should look like a pro bodybuilder in this world but that is not going to happen.
    Why would say that?

ari
    ari is offline Female Member
    I like big muscles in man and women, I like the look and I know what it takes to get that look. Actually is the other way around, man do not like strong mascular women.

Originally posted by ari
    Actually is the other way around, man do not like strong mascular women.
    Ari...I guess you haven't read too many of my posts I LLOOOVVVEE muscular women....1000 times more than the runway model look or Hollywood starlet look. Just ask my brother partyboynyc...he and I are contantly arguing about this. To me the perfect female physique is..............does anybody want to finish this sentance?

testprop is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Ari...I guess you haven't read too many of my posts I LLOOOVVVEE muscular women....1000 times more than the runway model look or Hollywood starlet look. Just ask my brother partyboynyc...he and I are contantly arguing about this. To me the perfect female physique is..............does anybody want to finish this sentance?
    I also like athletic women, those skinny models with legs like toothpicks look sick to me.

Katarina Witt or Anni Friesinger look HOT! they're both german athletes

wanna see pics?
    Last edited by testprop; 06-06-2002 at 07:33 AM.

I'm thinking more along the lines of...............Valentina Chepiga!!

ari
    ari is offline Female Member
    That's because you are big, so you don't feel threatened by strong women, LOL!
    In the gym I always get comments from men "why do you push your self so hard? You do not need it, you are a woman! I got so fed up with this, so I started answering _ "well I'm a masochist!"

To hell with them!! My wife works out with me and all the guys at the gym know her and respect her becuase she trains as hard as a guy. You are doing this for you, nobody else. Trust me there are guys out there who are looking for a strong, fit woman. Generally they are men who live the same kind of lifestyle, but like my buddy eye_candy said, it's a tough lifestyle and if your in it together chances are it will work out for the best. (not insinuating that you are looking for or need a man...simply stating that if a guy doesn't like it, too bad)

BTW...ari, send a PM to Jason (PTBYjason) or CYCLEON. We have a special forum for females only that only women can access. Just ask one of them to change your status. There are many knowledagble women on the board and I'm sure you can benefit by participating. Good luck

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I will add both ppl don't have to be hardcore as long as they understand each other. My wife doesn't really train, but does support my lifesytle and understands, the eating, gym time and nasty moods when dieting, no easy by any means, but as long as understanding is there it usually fine.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I just asked a friend of mine who happens to be a girl about this the other day. What she said to me was; every woman has different preferences physically, but what is truly important is that the man feels good about himself, and loves himself for what he is-whatever size that may be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information