Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

A question for Personal Trainers

I just got an ACE certification and was wondering what the scoop is for some potential employers. First, who are the potential employers. I know Bally's is one. And do you know how the pay works for some of these places. I think Bally's is 10 hrly plus 40 hourly when training a client. I think sales are involved but I'm not sure how. If anyone has this type of info I'd appreciate if you'd share. Any other advice is welcomed. Thanks.

hugegastros is offline New Member
    well let me let you in on the bally thing... Ive trained at ballys for the last three years and its great for the money and time you put in.... as far as a career thow.... dont look to make any more then 75k a year... there are 5 levels that you can sell at. level four makes you 40 per hour and level 5 pays out 45 per hour. here is the catch.. the more bally pays you the more you have to charge your client. so you tell me who ****s who here... level five is 101.00 per hour to the client and the trainer makes 45.00 of that?????? now I only work 7 hour days 6 days a week at level 5 and I do very well for myself but you can only go so far in the training world unless you have "a-list clients" ie: celebritys. The best thing you could ever is do subcontracting somewhere. your clients are not given to you.. I have never had someone walk up to me and say hey heres my cc when can i start... Thank god I was blessed with the ability to sell or Id be out of a job... you could be the best pt ever but unless you can sell it your sol..... just trying to tell you how it is in the industry of pt hope this helps.
    hugegastros

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by hugegastros
    well let me let you in on the bally thing... Ive trained at ballys for the last three years and its great for the money and time you put in.... as far as a career thow.... dont look to make any more then 75k a year... there are 5 levels that you can sell at. level four makes you 40 per hour and level 5 pays out 45 per hour. here is the catch.. the more bally pays you the more you have to charge your client. so you tell me who ****s who here... level five is 101.00 per hour to the client and the trainer makes 45.00 of that?????? now I only work 7 hour days 6 days a week at level 5 and I do very well for myself but you can only go so far in the training world unless you have "a-list clients" ie: celebritys. The best thing you could ever is do subcontracting somewhere. your clients are not given to you.. I have never had someone walk up to me and say hey heres my cc when can i start... Thank god I was blessed with the ability to sell or Id be out of a job... you could be the best pt ever but unless you can sell it your sol..... just trying to tell you how it is in the industry of pt hope this helps.
    hugegastros
    I agree with everything you said, especially being blessed to "sell".

I'd hate having to work for some "place" as a trainer, when the point of being a trainer should be to be your own boss.

~SC~

Thread Information