theron is offline Associate Member

The future of Bodybuilding

What do you think things will be like 50 years from now with Bodybuilding and bodybuilders?

anyone want to guess what the future holds for bodybuilding?

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    even freakier size. this due to the kbetter knowledge of AS so that people can use science all the way through. keep in mind that ronnie started hardcore training only 10 years ago. prediction 2... taller BB's. traditionally you werent over 6' I think we will see more 6'3" and above.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    They will either be total freaks or someone will clamp down on the amount of steroids used and we will see more bbers with symetrical bodies

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I hope they start rewarding symetri again, and punishe growth guths and synthol abuse. Bodybuilding was at its prime during Lee Haneys era I would like it to return to that.

But probably it will happen as the other guys said, even bigger freaks.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    It will never go mainstream as long as the guys are getting bigger and freakier. I agree that the 80's were the best time for symetry.

Chyna350 is offline Female Member
    Symetry all the way, just bigger. With today's technology and new discoveries being revealed all the time things are going to get highly developed. hmmm, clone a builder, now that could be interesting. or DNA transplanting.
    Cheers Chyna

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I just read that the vacuum pose might be coming back, that is something that i would like alot!

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    6'3" 320lb ripped to the bone monsters.

Complete with protruding bellies, enlarged foreheads and abs that are so seperated that it looks like a scene from aliens.

The state of competitive bodybuilding is very sad. I wish someone would clean it up

jersey juice is offline Member
    Originally posted by SUPERDAVE
    6'3" 320lb ripped to the bone monsters.

Complete with protruding bellies, enlarged foreheads and abs that are so seperated that it looks like a scene from aliens.

The state of competitive bodybuilding is very sad. I wish someone would clean it up
    You said it!! I hope I'm wrong, but I'm calling huge freaks that look like cavemen who's life expectancy is 45 before the abuse takes it's toll. The way these guys are going it's inevitable.

Superwoman is offline Female Member
    i hope this isnt the case, it would be so sad to see the sport completely go to shit Personally, i think it didnt get better than the golden era of Arnie and Lou... 74, 75. The Pumping Iron days were great.

mando is offline Associate Member
    we need guys who look like sergio , arnie with the vacuum pose n all , only then will the rest of the world will take notice cause ppl will actually wanna look like that.........my 2 cents.

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by johan
    I hope they start rewarding symetri again, and punishe growth guths and synthol abuse.
    I agree. I think that the competitors should at least look healthy. Maybe if BB ever makes it to the Olympics it will become a little more popular. Those atheletes will have to at least have the appearance that they're drug free ... they'll probablly need less juice than the sprinters.

Big Show 23 Guest
    In my opinion I'm actually tired of seeing shredded muscle bound freaks who become total fattys in the off season.Bodybuilding needs to bring back bodies like Arnold,Fraco and Frank Zane.Those 3 bodybuilder used AS but no where near the amounts that today's IFBB pros.In Arnold's day they were huge but not freaky huge monsters like Paul Dillett who last I knew was 6'1 280lbs+ of lbm, to me that's ridiculous.

IMO AS use is somewhat illegal and it's affects on health are debatable but the amount people like Coleman are injecting into their bodies will no doubt kill them(probably in the next 10 years)I know that AS will be a part of bodybuilding like cocaine, ectacy and other illegal drugs are a part of society(I'm not comparing cocaine to AS btw)but if you can't stop AS use at least educate yourself and use it in moderate amount so that ones health isn't affected as negatively

My 2 cents

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Well....here's Ronnie in the offseason. I can honestly say I would not want to be this big.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The future of Bodybuilding-ronnie18.jpg  

ripped_82 is offline Member
    I think that BB's will be dieing @ a much faster and younger rate because of abuse

Another...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The future of Bodybuilding-ronnie14.jpg  

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I to would like to see them step back a bit and reward guys who have the balance not just sheer size. It would be good for the sport IMO, would make things for marketable. Look at womens bbing they had a few freaks for a bit, and it really killed the sport and it appears they are steping back to make it more appealing to general public, you need that in order to get the $$$ so the bbers themselves can make a living from thier sport.

Originally posted by eye_candy
    Look at womens bbing they had a few freaks for a bit, and it really killed the sport and it appears they are steping back to make it more appealing to general public,
    More appealing such as Arnold Classic Lightweight Champion Valentina Chepiga:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The future of Bodybuilding-val3.jpg  

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Pete is it just me or do you like her??? LOL

testprop is offline Associate Member
    Honestly, I don't even wanna know. it's to scary

jersey juice is offline Member
    I can't say that I EVER have seen an offseason pic of Franco, Arni or Lou or Zane for that matter. There was no offseason with those guys to get fat, these guys lift and diet hardcore for contests and then go to shit (some of them) and get fat to add a little more muscle. Shawn Ray is the exception, but he's been the same size since 92...

i hope steroids will be legal in the future.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Originally posted by eye_candy
    Pete is it just me or do you like her??? LOL
    I'm with Pete all the way on this one E_C... Schwing!

Thread Information