SVTMuscle* is offline Banned

In a dilemia, what do you think i should do..

I'm 19, in college, and studying to become ACE certified personal trainer. I am on winter break right now till Jan 28th (yeah its wicked late I know). Now, currently I do not have a job other than working at GNC once or twice a week for only 4 hours day to just help them out.
    SO, I basically do not have a job, i've been lifting and studying for the test which I take on Feb 11th, but I dunno if i should go to my old job...which, was working at a grocery market. I could guarentee get hours there, but, when i work there i feel so white trash and embarrassed when i see people i know there and stuff.
    So, should I either just wait, hopefully get certified on Feb 11th, and find a gym to work at, or start working at the grocery market again to just get some cash and swallow my pride?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Try and find some more gigs that interest you - like working as a personal trainer at a chain gym (like 24 Hour Fitness)... hours can be very flexable once you get a list of clients.

Or another GNC or nutrition store - and stick to the nutrition side until you graduate... at least you'd be keeping your work experiece related to your educational goals.

Or try and start your own personal training business... you could get a contract at a Gold's or somethin' to bring in your clients... starting your own business is always the best income!

Just some ideas to get you thinkin'...

Working at a grocery store won't help you professionaly but if thats all that is available in your area... guess ya have to go with it...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You working at the grocery store isn't being white trash.................. but Warrior had good ones for you to look at as well.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Do what you have to to make things go around until you find something better. I change incontinence dipers and wipes old ****ers asses during summertime and that is a humiliating job if any.

jh123 is offline New Member
    up to you, but i wouldnt want to work at a grocery market, why dont u work at a fish market, it sounds more manly, rather than lookin like the local martin fowler.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Dude, you could save a lot of money on food working at a gorcery store. I'd look at it like a $200 a week bonus hahaha. If you're 19 bro, you probably don't have any real skills that hold any value to anyone in the context of a job. GNC guys make commission if I'm not mistaken and it's gotta be easy sellin supps to scrawny mofos trying to get big, especially this up coming time of year; I'd keep lookin and stick with GNC in the mean time.

decadbal is offline Banned
    no matter what you hear, theres nothing degrading about having a job, its not having one that is

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    no matter what you hear, theres nothing degrading about having a job, its not having one that is

Listen to the gay cowboy, he knows what he is talking about

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    thats true, i guess its more grimy for me right now not having any money or job oppose to working at a grocery market.

i guess i'll stop down there today to see what hours i can work for the next 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    thats true, i guess its more grimy for me right now not having any money or job oppose to working at a grocery market.

i guess i'll stop down there today to see what hours i can work for the next 2 weeks
    j/k

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

White Trash?

I'm 19, in college, and studying to become ACE certified personal trainer. I am on winter break right now till Jan 28th (yeah its wicked late I know). Now, currently I do not have a job other than working at GNC once or twice a week for only 4 hours day to just help them out.
    SO, I basically do not have a job, i've been lifting and studying for the test which I take on Feb 11th, but I dunno if i should go to my old job...which, was working at a grocery market. I could guarentee get hours there, but, when i work there i feel so white trash and embarrassed when i see people i know there and stuff.
    So, should I either just wait, hopefully get certified on Feb 11th, and find a gym to work at, or start working at the grocery market again to just get some cash and swallow my pride?

No flame intended but sitting around NOT WORKING is white trash. If you need the cash, you do what you need to legally earn it. Yeah, it sucks when some hot chick from school comes into the Subway where you're shlepping sandwiches, but who cares. Swallow your pride, be a man, and earn your wage. ANd whatever job you take, do it well and take pride it that.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    Yeah, it sucks when some hot chick from school comes into the Subway where you're shlepping sandwiches, but who cares. Swallow your pride, be a man, and earn your wage. ANd whatever job you take, do it well and take pride it that.
    But thats when you tell her your an undiscovered Sandwich Artist that revolutionized overseas franchises and have traveled to America to guide new artists toward the new impressionist's innovative sandwich arts, BTW - in your worst foreign accent possible too!

HULKBOY is offline Member
    yea i used to work at a grocery store for like a month in high school had late hours pay sucked but it was money so i didnt care.. oh and the good thing about working at a grocery store is you can munch on everything you want just grab you a snack go the the bathroom and munch.. oh just dont get caught or else youll be out 5.15/hr

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I never even thought about food when I worked at a supermarket in highscool. The stench in that place made me sick. Always stuff spilling and cleaning it with smelly bleach or way to much soap of one kind or another. The vegetable isles stank up the whole place. Onion, chile, carots, bracholli, putred smells.
    But yeah, did what I had to do. NOT WORKING IS WHITE TRASH! Take pride in what you do what ever it is that you do for a living. That's a skill in it self.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    not like Feb 11 is far away someimes gyms will give you a 90 day window to get certiafied and let u start working check into it

Well, i was gonna stop down at the grocery market (where i make $8.25 btw) on my way to the gym this afternoon but i decided to stop down at this guys house down the street from my who owns a new really nice gym in my town.
    i told him how im getting ready for the ACE test and ect, and he told me to stop by Monday morning and fill out an application and see what i can start doing there.
    so im gonna just wait and see where that takes me first.

Well, i was gonna stop down at the grocery market (where i make $8.25 btw) on my way to the gym this afternoon but i decided to stop down at this guys house down the street from my who owns a new really nice gym in my town.
    i told him how im getting ready for the ACE test and ect, and he told me to stop by Monday morning and fill out an application and see what i can start doing there.
    so im gonna just wait and see where that takes me first.
    Duuuuhhhhhhhhhhh. You know a guy who owns a freakin' gym and you wanna be a pt.... Cmon dude, how could you not have thought of this earlier???

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Duuuuhhhhhhhhhhh. You know a guy who owns a freakin' gym and you wanna be a pt.... Cmon dude, how could you not have thought of this earlier???
    well i know that, but im not certified yet. so i dunno how far a non-certified trainer will get me

Thread Information