Kullman is offline Member

Exclamation Music at your gym!

I am bored so I though I would make a post about nothing really.. Does anyone hate the music their gym plays? I was lifting today and backstreet boys came on, I almost lost it. I want to hear goos music while I lift pantera, tool, rage.....good music. Maybe this is the fina talking but I am pissed.

Kull

Mike Guest
    THANK YOU! Yes I can relate - I work out in a gym right now because it is right around the corner from my house and I can walk there - that makes it easier for me with my schedule right now - and needless to say it's not my ideal gym. They play dance music, diana ross, techno that kinda crap - literally like madonna and stuff like that - it's a gay gym, no steroetypes or anything - just that it plays certain music that is VERY hard to lift by so I just bought an MP3 player the other day to cope with it trouble is finding headphones that not only drown out the external NOISE but some that will help me not SEE anyone there as well!

Kullman is offline Member
    good call, I'll have to pick-up a nice discman that dosen't skip. I brought before but it was pain always falling on the floor while lifting oh well. Later bro

Kull

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    That is one good advantage of training at home I can listen to what ever I want when I want and change it to suit my mood.

MP3 lovely little devices!!

Billy

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    MOST DEFINATELY....

MY MY MOST HATED BANDS WHILST TRAINING:

NsYNC
    BRITANY SPEARS OR ANY OF HER FRIENDS!!!
    BOYZONE
    ACTUALLY SAVE TIME HERE ALL BOY BANDS
    ATTOMIC KITTEN
    DESTINY'S CHILD
    ALL FUCKING GIRL BANDS!
    HEAR SAY
    STEPS
    FUCK IT ALL GIRL/BOY BAND COMBO'S
    CRAIG DAVID.....I WAS NOT AMUSED WHEN HE CAME ON WHEN I WAS IN MID SQUAT!!

GIVE BE SOME HARD ROCK/HEAVY METAL ANDYTHING WITH SOME BALLS!

IT MAKES ME MAD!

ANOTHER THING THAT PISSES ME OFF IS PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH...........IF I ASK HOW MANY SETS YOU HAVE LEFT I WANT 1 OR 2 AS MY ANSWER NOT "WHAT"........."oH ABOUT TEN REPS THEN" WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY IS 1 SET........ARSEHOLE..........I DIDN'T KILL HIM BUT I WAS GONNA! I'VE TAKEN TO MOVING PEOPLE FROM MY MACHINES!

SORRY WENT OFF ON ONE THERE LOL

BA

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Have a test inj this morning? LOL

Glad you got it off your chest bro

Billy

Mike Guest
    Damn big al I thought you incorporated some kava kava into your cycle??? LOL

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator

Wink

I'm up to 2 tabs three time a day LOL!!!

Maybe I'll have to up it too three......!

Big Al

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Music

I know what you mean. At my gym the owners son useually opens up and good music is really not a problem, however, his dad opens the gym up now. Every try lifting hard while being force to listen to FRANKIE AVELON? THE BOSTON PIPS? Man it's enough to make me want to blow chunks right fucking there in the middle of the gym floor. And the worst thing is they look at you like your crazy when you demand them to change it. As for me, I'll wear my walkman from here on out.
    Tobey

Guess I need to check on that KAVA KAVA that Big Al raves about so much before I go postal.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Big Al on this one what I hate the most is when you get some old women just sitting there staring into space and you can feel yourself cooling down while shes dreaming of what cock used to feel like

Now thats funny

Pure anger,
    Now that was funny. I swear shit just like that was going on in the gym this morning.
    Tobey

Morg is offline Junior Member

pureanger lmfao!

im all for the heavy shite but at my gym the clientel is the baby boomer cardio crowd and they pipe in that sattelite music so i just keep my head down and think pleasant heavy guitar riffs ,while ricky martin croons in the background pantera slipknot slayer old metallica mudvayne cro-mags sick of it all madball etc. rip through my mind ...........cant deal with headphones tho those feckin things piss me off more than the old lady pureanger was speakin' of does

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i think that if you workout at any chain gym, like golds, powerhouse, or world, you're forcedto listen to boyband-brittaney spears shit. i just try to ignore it, otherwise i would lose control

Mike Guest
    damn that sucks bro - i lift at a powerhouse and golds (now world's here sometimes as well and they play better music than any other gym I have been to, rock, alternative rock etc etc)

Good Music

There is only one gym that I can remeber off hand that played really kick-ass music all the time. It is a gym in Auburn Alabama and is owned by Bill Kazzmier. The name of the gym is SWAT. If your ever down this way it's dame worth stopping by to see.
    Tobey

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down

I feel you guys...I use to go to POrky's gym, that place was hardcore. They play guns & roses, limp bizkit, even the fucking Rocky soundtrack. But now I go to LA fitness, it's cool, great equipment, but I see moms singing along to the music they play their.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    HEY MAN I FEEL YA. IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN YOUR TRYING TOGET READY TO DO A HEAVY SET AND SOME BOY BAND SHIT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT COMES ON. JUST WANT TO GET UP AND RIPP THE FUCKING SPEAKERS OFF THE WALL!! SHIT DRIVES ME CRAZY GOTTA INVEST IN THE LITTLE MP3 PLAYER SO I CAN LISTEN TO MY OWN SHIT.

moose230 is offline New Member

Cool

Luckily I get to listen to the heavy metal and Hard Rock at the gym. WE listen to anything from Linkin Park to Staind to Slipknot......

Moose----

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Angry

I used to work out at a Golds Gym. The owner use to always listen to kick ass music like old Metallica, Ac/Dc, and Maiden. Tells you how long ago this was. He was huge himself used to supply half the members with gear(unfortinatly I was too young). One day I hear that he sold out to this local gym that has one other location in my area and it sucks. It's called an Athletic Center not a gym. Oh god, those pencil-necks athletes. What a joke. All of a sudden, the gym was over run by cardio geeks. Then they brought their damn yuppie music. The only thing that I hate more than the music, is the fact that they always socialize more than work out. When I want on a machine I want on now. I don't want to wait 30 min for this guy to do his last set of 50 reps of 5lbs, while he's talking about his new Volvo to his w/o partner (no offense to those who own Volvos).

One good thing is the women flock in by the drove too. They do make it hard to concentrate though (not that Im complaining).

Yuppies

Yeah Ron,
    Somtimes you just have to put your foot down and interupt the little shits and tell them you need the machine. I'm never an ass about it but I do get my point across. Seems to work for me.
    Tobey

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    OK, I can relate...but I don't have to put up with lame ass pussy music. I have to deal with classic dinosaur rock. Try bustin out your 7th rep with 130 lb dumbells on an incline bench while Comfotably Numb is playing in the background! I'm sick and tired of Lynard Skynard, Pink Floyd, CSNY, America, Guess Who and Doobie Brothers playing over the speakers while I'm trying to psych myself up. When I hear this crap I feel like killing myself!

Pete

Where's Kullman?

BTW, does anyone know where Kullman is at? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Hey Pete

Damn Man 130lbs dumbells on the incline. Shit thats pretty good.I'm impressed.
    The "IronChef"

PS. Now com'on LYNARD SKYNARD ain't that bad now are they?

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    Tobey,

Lynard Skynard...ok for drinking...not good for lifting!! As far as the 130's go, it's only because incline dumbell press is my main mass builder for chest exercises. Had reconstructive wrist surgery 4 years ago and can't do bench press anymore. Also, before I started my cycle, I was using 110's and 115's. Maybe if I try some of your recipes, I can work my way up to the 140's
    Pete

DAMN....she did it to me again!!! Just to clarify, my wife does not use 130's on the incline dumbell press, but she does log onto this board as frequently as I do and neglects to log out when she's done I wonder what Mike's gonna say about this one!
    Pete

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Let me beat Mike too it. Damn I thought you wife was one of those female BB's. After the post from before (I wont repeat it) and now 130lbs dumbbell inclines. WOW! On a cycle too. I hope its not Test. J\k Bro.

Seriously though, thats impressive. What's your cycle like? Im curious since we have similar stats and goals.

Ron,
    I just finished my first ever cycle in August. It was deca @ 400mg/week x 10 weeks along with winny @ 50mg EOD from weeks 3-8. I used milk thistle @ 800mg a day and fininshed up post cycle with clomid...two weeks after last shot and ran 50mg/day week 1, 100mg/day week 2, 50mg/day week 3. Good stack for a first time user, no water wieght, no aromatization, lots of strength gain and some nice increases in lean body mass. I went from 220lbs to 238lbs...I'm currently 242lbs.
    Pete

Mike Guest
    with all do respect - Bert's getting to be quite a beast!

Mike....you don't know the half of it my friend

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I tend to zone out and not hear the music. The only thing I hate is when the gym staff flip from station to station trying to find a good song.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    My gym music sucks too man I some of the stuff comes on and I just laf cause its so stupid when Cristina Agulara new song (beautiful)bad spelling comes on the you know the music sucks

BLASTER40 is offline New Member
    The gym I'm at plays top 40 crap and most of the stations talk to much,
    or have way to many commercials, there are a few nice stations around
    here but after awhile they sound like they are on an 8-track, I just burn
    cd's from kazaa to play at the gym as loud as i want, call it white noise
    to block out all the stupid questions and getting drunk or laid BS stories,
    they live somekind of shortterm life, but when thats all they have to talk about it gets boring as much as they are. So the louder the better and it's something I like to listen to with no talk or commercials.

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I tend to zone out and not hear the music. The only thing I hate is when the gym staff flip from station to station trying to find a good song.
    Yeah, that's pretty annoying. The have XM Satellite Radio at my gym, and usually have it on the MTV channel that plays a mix of hard rock, rap, and R&B/Boy Band/Girl Band, whatever crap the 12-year-olds are listening to these days. But whenever that Puddle of Mudd song about "She Fucking Hates Me" comes on, they always change channels before the end of the first verse. I find myself timing them to see how quickly they change, whenever that song comes on, which is an unwelcome distraction. I haven't asked, but I assume that the avoidance of that particular song must be a law handed down from the gym owners.

--dnb

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    SILENCE, my gym is silent, with the exception of breathing, machines running and people occasionally grunting. Music is not allowed. It used to drive me insane, now all i hear is that annoying self talk that keeps telling you that you're being wussy, you can lift more, you can do better. DAMMIT, where's the music!

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    i hate it - powerhouse television. They play like 80's whenever i am in there..... different things at different times - nothing of what I would really like to hear!

skinnyhb is offline Member
    mine is techno dance crap, and it pisses me off.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i lift at a college gym, the girl lets me bring whatever i want. its a sweet deal. i suggest you all try and influence whats played where you lift... it might pay off.

Thread Information