Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    system admin is offline Owner

Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, or Z06???

Ok guys... got new thread for ya...

I am kicking around the idea of getting a sports car. I have always wanted a 360 modena coupe (but now LOVE, but cant afford the F430). The Gallardo is totally pimp and unique and I love the funky orange or lime green colors! The Viper was a less expensive option, but as of late.. has started to fade in my desires.

NOW... the Z06 is kicking the ass of ALL of them and is the over all best car for the money... BUT it has no prestige any longer due to the look damn near identicall to the normal vettes that are buzzing around all over my town.

If Im going to spend big bucks on a car.. I dont want to have what everyone else has.

Here are some factors:

Depreciation

OVER MSRP prices

Shock value

Maintanance

Performance

OH... one more thing... all of the cars would be NEAR new except for the Z06. The Lamborghini would be a 2003 and the 360 Modena would be 2000-2002

Lamborghini - 125,000 - 145,000

Ferrari - 105,000 - 125,000

Viper - 65,000-70,000

Vette 75,000 (ten over sticker)
    Any Input??

Bc

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    are you looking for shock value? a ferrari would turn major heads.

if you want something fast/cheap get the z06 and add a few mods to it.

Im looking for more than that... but yes.. I am looking for shock value

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    You could go with the Z06 and save a lot of cash but you will not get the prestige factor of owning a lambo or a ferrari. I peronally would go with the ferrari. It doesnt scream out raw horse power as the american muscle cars do but it has more. It also comes with rarity and elegance the other cars dont.(lambos are rare to but not as elegant in my opinion)

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    2005 NSX .. easy choice for me...

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    if you can afford it, NOTHING beats a Lambo IMO... there is nothing more pimp than a Lambo

Only think about the lambo is that the gallardo does not have the suicide doors... I cant afford the mercialago which is over 200k

NSX needs to prove itself first. Not changing a damn thing for 10+ years is just down right disrespectful in my book. A car with less than 350 hp for 80k?!!!! Crazy. I know they will have like 400, but ... they are out for now.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Lambo/Ferrari go with one of those. One more thing..I hate you

chest6 is offline Banned
    and dont you go near a NSX

Chest.. its an easy choice at first... but then you look at the money aspect. There is such a HUGE differance in the prestige catagory. Resale would be fantastic on the upper end though if I buy them right.......

hmmmm

chest6 is offline Banned
    Pretty much comes down to what you can afford man, thats an awful lotta $$. I personally would get the dodge ram SRT-10

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Well rich guy

Id go for the Ferrari definitly...

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    hmm lambos turn heads as do ferrari's..between those too id have to say lamborgini. as for money you could get the z06 and dump like 10-15 grand in it and be a fvcking sick car!!! and still be almost half as expensive..also remember your car insurance on those imports along with maintenance!
    if you have the money to spend get the lamborgini and after some time and put suicide doors on it.

idk its a hard decision..i like fast and sharp a hookedup zo6 or viper is always a cheaper alternative..but then you get to the badboy lamborgini witch stock turns head idk! lol

ps if you get the zo6 or viper buy me 1 too being you were thinknig about the lambo

chest6 is offline Banned
    mm I love those..my favs are 550's

Quote Originally Posted by aadren****e

ps if you get the zo6 or viper buy me 1 too being you were thinknig about the lambo

Haha!

Let me ask you guys this... what is it about the z06 that just doesnt do shit for shock value any more?

I had a 2001 and after 9-11, they dropped the price 8-10k and brought out 0% interest. My car (in my mind) went from Pimp... to nothing special after that and I have had a hard time thinking of buying another vette until the new z06

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    mm I love those..my favs are 550's
    HELL yea! I love the to, but I want to save that car for when im in my mid to early 40's

bc

chest6 is offline Banned
    They just are a lot more common now..everyone that thinks sports car goes out and gets a vette

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    the Z06 is faster than all of them and cheaper!
    The marcialago:0-60 n 3.8
    Z06:0-60 n 3.7

haha not much but its faster!!

look up all the stats on performance and it will show u!

chest6 is offline Banned
    I had no idea the Z06 was faster than the lambo..damn. Lambo's top speed is higher but I mean whos gonna go 200+ anyway

ya_man is offline Member
    sounds weak....but a tricked out Chrysler 300C....cheap compared to what ur lookin for and you could make some many modifications to it...itd be sick....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, or Z06???-300c.jpg  

yea... and they have every right to do so now that Chevy has made such a fine car with a crazy price (low)

Now my problem is this: there is a huge gap now in the sports car arena if you want something that prestigous. Vettes used to be that way and the vipers were the middle range cars to have (between the ferrari's and lambos)

Now that the vette kicks the shit out of the viper.... we lost our only middle of the road "high end" sports car.

Bc

Lets stay on track here guys... I LOVE moded cars, BUT... thats not what im looking to do. I can buy a civic and smoke all of those cars with enough money in it, but its still a damn honda civic

bc

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Get the Ford GT40 or the Lotus Elise... GT40 is fast and will turn heads. Just last month I saw an older model at a Wawa and it sure got my attention, specially when he turned it on. The Lotus.. well that will only turn heads. Sure it only has 190 horsepower, but it only weights 1890 pounds. So power per pounds its fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, or Z06???-ford_gt40_group_2.jpg   Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, or Z06???-lotus-2.jpg   Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, or Z06???-lotus1.jpg  

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    They just are a lot more common now..everyone that thinks sports car goes out and gets a vette
    thats true.
    i honestly think vipers turn more heads then the vette.
    the zo6 turns some heads if they know anything about cars..
    now the koenigsegg CCR now thats a badass mofo of a car but with a base price of $350,000 its not looking anything but a dream..i mean c'mon fastest production car..

It does kinda suck that everybody runs and buys a vette but the 06 Z06 is a whole new car!! 1/4 mile n 11.7!!! Faster than any ferrari or lambo! That will make u stain ur pants!! Put $10,000 nto it and u wont be able to c how fast it is!! Ive never liked vettes untill this year!! Its my choice!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Youre just like a newbie Wait till you hear what you want...get the damn Ferrari!!!

If i had tons of sweet moolah i would buy a marcialago!! I love em! But way too expensive

My buddy has a GT40... it is FAST, but the ride is HORRIBLE!!! I can barely handle a 20min ride in it. HORRIBLE!!! (its like a go-cart with no shocks) The looks are not in my taste either. I dont like retro ANYTHING

The Lotus is a no go either.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Get a viper. That's around 80 thousand and still has some class to it and fast as hell. Damn you must be banking cuz. Book sales going well I see!

Really no point in spending over 100 thousand for a car unless your a millionaire. Otherwise I would stick with a car under 100 thousand. I would personally get the M3. That car is fukin sweet!
    Last edited by Smak; 01-16-2006 at 11:10 PM.

Vette... SHUT IT! hahahaha.... It is true about the ferrari, but PRICE is a factor.

Where the hell did the sports cars go that not everyone had but was ALMOST affordible?????

Hell... I guess my point is this: If the z06 looked just a LITTLE different for gods sake... I would be on it in a heart beat

Books are not paying for these toys I can assure you! hahaha

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    the Gallardo dosnt have Lambo doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Get a viper. That's around 80 thousand and still has some class to it and fast as hell. Damn you must be banking cuz. Book sales going well I see!

Really no point in spending over 100 thousand for a car unless your a millionaire. Otherwise I would stick with a car under 100 thousand. I would personally get the M3. That car is fukin sweet!

You can get around 10k off a New Viper now-a-days...... SO.... its less than the VETTE right now!!!!

one thing to think about though.. the Ferrari and the lambo will hold their value MUCH better than any of the other two cars.... so.. you pay more up front, but may not spend as much as the others in 2-3 years!

Bc

chest6 is offline Banned
    looks like a mclaren basically..was it the replacement or what

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    the Gallardo dosnt have Lambo doors?

NO... it has normal doors. You have to buy the Mercialgo to get the lambo type doors and that is 50-70k more

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...t=508&ei=UTF-8

how bout this... 0-62 in 5 secs?? Plus you can tune the exhaust note from inside the car??

I heard dealers are marking up the Z06s like 20 thou!! My dads buddy wanted to get 1 but they wanted over 100 thou for it!!

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    You can get around 10k off a New Viper now-a-days...... SO.... its less than the VETTE right now!!!!

one thing to think about though.. the Ferrari and the lambo will hold their value MUCH better than any of the other two cars.... so.. you pay more up front, but may not spend as much as the others in 2-3 years!

Bc
    Yea, but with a ferrari or lambo you'll be worrying about it nonstop if there's even a scratch on it. With a viper or vette, you can have a little fun with it and rough it up a little bit and it still turns heads.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information